Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The one where you might lose your Temper but dont

Hope you all sitting down this is a long one

I start at the begining 6 years ago we got a letter saying that our Kitchwen was due fotr a upgade our flat was built in the 9020s to 30s and never had a new bathroom or Kitchen Great we said they do the Bathroom as well but No I they said just the KIchen OK I said A few months later they did it and a new boiler as the old in nice worlds was Next year our Neighbour came around and said they getting new bathroom and kitchen I called the council and asked why as when they did ours no new Bathroom the lady said you had a upgrade in the 1970s I said well from what the people who lived the block of flats who live here since 1960S have said they did not upgrade the Bathroom Oh she said I will check I giot a letter saying sorry we send a sayor around in the new tax year or worlds to that effect this was in May Then in May the follwing year I called them Yes she said you on the list but it may be the next year this was 2016 I Kept my temper counted to 10 . You may asked yourself why did we want a new Bathroom Well here the Answer Everytime we have famly they say the bathroom needs updateing when we had a plumber tcome around he said oh thats a old bathroom needs updateing badly . Called The council last year and they said YEP you getting one this was in2018 we had the sayor come around did his work yay we thought few weeks they start WE got a letter from the council saying sorry the compay we use has gone bust so the work been purt on hold tghis was last November then A few weeks ago got a letter new compay and they need to come around to see if any asbtors came around had the lady come around to say that they start on the 25 Today so by the 3 of December we should have a new bathroom Yay here some pics

Old Bathroom

cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
You have the patience of a saint, look forward to seeing the photos of your new sparkly bathroom.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Kevin. A long wait but it will be nice when all done. You have more patience than me!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My brother was waiting to get his done, my dh did it for them in the end for mates rates. I think he earned £500 and they bought all the stuff needed. It makes such a difference when done
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Here day 1 just stipped the tiles as there diffrent people do diffrent things as it council .

cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Tiles came off well. Thats always a good start.

If they have gone for the day I would recommend you blast any mould you can see with a mould inhibitor as it's best to kill it off before they do more work.

Spray on, leave for an hour then wash off with clean water

Nasty cracking where they have infilled the cavity by the window. Make sure they hack that out and re plaster before tiling.

Finally as you have a double skin radiator with an open vent on the top I would tape that over with masking tape as it saves all the muck/dust getting between the 2 skins which is a sod to get out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Better late than never and great that it has started
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

If you are in a ground floor flat and either of you have mobility problems couldn't you request a wet room. My mum had one it wasn't as expensive as a bath etc and it was a dream to keep clean and use.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by rummy63 View Post
If you are in a ground floor flat and either of you have mobility problems couldn't you request a wet room. My mum had one it wasn't as expensive as a bath etc and it was a dream to keep clean and use.
Hi thanks we on first floor when they came around and checked they said that they could not put a wet room in I did not asked but the lady said that it a stranded question . My brother and my sister in law got a wet room as my sister in law could not use the bath they went through social servers .
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Tiles came off well. Thats always a good start.

If they have gone for the day I would recommend you blast any mould you can see with a mould inhibitor as it's best to kill it off before they do more work.

Spray on, leave for an hour then wash off with clean water

Nasty cracking where they have infilled the cavity by the window. Make sure they hack that out and re plaster before tiling.

Finally as you have a double skin radiator with an open vent on the top I would tape that over with masking tape as it saves all the muck/dust getting between the 2 skins which is a sod to get out.
Thanks Graham very good advice I know you worked in the trade thank you