Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Nov 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Good grief not even started yet (although I did check Amazon out for a present for ex MIL today as son and I are meeting her for lunch on Sunday)
December is the only month I even consider Christmas.
I don’t start very early. I like to do mine in November, so I’m finished before the crowds in December. I won’t start before then as I hate to spend months Xmas shopping

December then is when I like to get the food in, pack the presents and put the decorations up.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I have hardly anything! I usually like to be mostly done by the start of December but no chance of that this year! But at least I have my lists now so have an idea of what I'm buying for most (but not all!) people...
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I still have a few things to get, plus my eldest's main gift.
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Good grief not even started yet (although I did check Amazon out for a present for ex MIL today as son and I are meeting her for lunch on Sunday)
December is the only month I even consider Christmas.
We’ve been “asked” to wear Christmas jumpers today at work. I said no and got a glare from team leader who says everyone has to. I ent buying a jumper just for that. I said I’d go as far as some hair clips. It’s still November!
Presents are only thing we do in November. We wait for December for decorations. Same with Christmas music. Drives me nuts
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Tree’s and dec’s are up
All pantry food bought (chocolate )
Lists all made
Homemade advents all sorted ( bought dh 24 bottles of beer still need to wrap each individually)
December daily mostly prepped ( it’s a scrapbooking thing I do each year )
Presents all brought just need wrapping

I’m still frazzled though

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Nearly there with presents - probably 75%
As for hiding them: I bought really storage large bags from Amazon where I put a lock on the zip - so no one can get in...😃

Putting the tree up on Sunday 1/12.
Got my food delivery order placed with Ocado for 22/12 (in case something out of stock I then have time to fix that).
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Christmas hasn't really crossed the radar here. We're rural and don't go into town much so the shops and shopping thing passes me by. Apart from the tesco shop booked for 23rd late last night, and a pair of riding socks for ds, that's all I've done.

I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to Christmas - I've just about come to terms with it changing dates - everything used to happen in the Christmas period FROM 25th, not TO the 25th as it does now. Christmas tree used to go up the day before Christmas eve, not 6 weeks before (does not happen here!).

It's DH work dinner on Saturday - seems insanely early - so maybe things will change then? I probably ought to be looking for presents although the kids santa lists are still by the chimney!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought I probably was so I’ve just had a look and I’m really not!
I have no idea what to buy my nephew. He’s 8 and my sister is never any help with suggestions!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I am mostly done main presents bought just a few little odds and sods to buy! Not going overboard this year at all. Next stop is the food. Decs going up on Sunday! Can’t wait. For me it’s more about family time than the presents
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Just a couple of stocking fillers to buy now, though I haven’t begun the marathon wrapping sessions yet!