Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
UPDATED Hermes has lost Santa’s Ducktales plushes

Master Mickie has very specific tastes when it comes to cuddlies as he calls soft toys (or Plushes as Disney calls them)

Hermes have lost Huey and Dewey “vintage” plushes. The only replacement ones I can find that look OK and are a reasonable price are in the states but postage is high probably with additional taxes and not sure Santa will be able to get them in time for Christmas. Plus we need to wait until they confirm they really have lost it despite tracking going dead last week.

Let’s hope Darkwing Duck makes it over from Australia!

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Lot of items going "missing" with various couriers these days.
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Quite a few Dibb members missing stuff and Hermes being mentioned. I wonder if this is replicated Country wide?
If so there seems to be a big problem
Thankfully and touch wood our local one is fine

OP. I hope your stuff turns up, always more worrying when it’s a child’s gift.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Quite a few Dibb members missing stuff and Hermes being mentioned. I wonder if this is replicated Country wide?
If so there seems to be a big problem
Thankfully and touch wood our local one is fine

OP. I hope your stuff turns up, always more worrying when it’s a child’s gift.
We're okay in South Wales, I took delivery of an order I placed three days ago today. The only grizzle was Disney sent it in a box that was at least ten times bigger than the contents then stuffed the rest of the box with filler.

I'm off up the tip soon ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If I have to use Hermes then I pick up locally rather than have it delivered - their tracking is useless. I picked up a parcel last night, took a week to come from Disney and tiny box in a huge one too.

If I can, I get stuff from John Lewis and pick up following day in the local Waitrose and find DPD around here is excellent.

I've had enough of ordering online now and waiting around, just one to come from Amazon and one by Royal Mail which are due tomorrow and then it's either the shop or nothing!

OP hope you get your stuff.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

On the point of delivery firms, we had Yodel just say they couldn't find our house as we sat and watch them drive in to our neighbours drive and turn around and drive off.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
If I have to use Hermes then I pick up locally rather than have it delivered - their tracking is useless. I picked up a parcel last night, took a week to come from Disney and tiny box in a huge one too.

If I can, I get stuff from John Lewis and pick up following day in the local Waitrose and find DPD around here is excellent.

I've had enough of ordering online now and waiting around, just one to come from Amazon and one by Royal Mail which are due tomorrow and then it's either the shop or nothing!

OP hope you get your stuff.

Jill

UPDATE

Actually Hermes haven’t lost the parcel they’ve lost the click and collect store i selected!

This was an EBay purchase and like you I always do click and collect

The seller contacted Hermes. Apparently they couldn’t find Sainsbury’s. I’m not so sure as they only today after the seller contacted the contacted me to “clarify delivery details”

It’s not a Sainsbury’s Local either it’s pretty big!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
UPDATE

Actually Hermes haven’t lost the parcel they’ve lost the click and collect store i selected!

This was an EBay purchase and like you I always do click and collect

The seller contacted Hermes. Apparently they couldn’t find Sainsbury’s. I’m not so sure as they only today after the seller contacted the contacted me to “clarify delivery details”

It’s not a Sainsbury’s Local either it’s pretty big!
Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing or someone is telling 'porkies'.

How can anyone not find a Sainsburys in this day and age

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing or someone is telling 'porkies'.

How can anyone not find a Sainsburys in this day and age

Jill
Yup I googled it and it was right there! I had to google it as Hermes wouldn’t talk to me until I gave them the full address of the store the couldn’t find. They probably wanted directions too!
Old 3 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Unbelievable 🤣