Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone x
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Do you mind if I ask how your son is getting on now? I often think about you as my dd is at uni and struggles a little at times. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear of your troubles but as a suffer of tennis elbow, which is bloody awful, why has he not gone to a physio himself before now(sorry no time to read through all posts). Yes you have to pay but it will help him in the long run. Does he not have self empolyent insurance? Its not like he has been diagnosed with some terrible terminal illness, it is just tennis elbow however bad it is (& I do know myself)! Please get him to go to a physio and wear an elbow support. Long run he can have an operation on it. Life is too short to be worrying about getting appointments via the doctors sadly.
Sorry to sound harsh but I do know how he feels and get something sorted asap himself and he will not have to worry so much.
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you sure he didn’t have insurance ?

I would be astounded if he/you didn’t in this day and age .

Maybe you took it out and didn’t realise at the time ? Worth having a good check and with your mortgage providers etc
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely no insurance!
We have all.the supports for his arm, he uses them when working.
We were told physio won't work for his condition x
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
Do you mind if I ask how your son is getting on now? I often think about you as my dd is at uni and struggles a little at times. X

Thanks for asking, really good, settled in well now and knuckling down xx
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

If you contact your GP you can ask for a private consultation with the consultant your husband has been referred to under the NHS. After the consultation he goes back onto the NHS system this is a way of circumnavigating the system slightly quicker than normal.
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Well thank you all. I did investigate private route but too expensive for us,but, took someone's advice on here and called to beg for an earlier appointment, they put him on the cancellation list,got a call today to say appointment now 16th December instead of 20 January.

Over the moon ,hoping things can start improving v soon.

Thanks Dibbers xxx
Thats great news x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by borntoshop View Post
I had to go privately for consultations, MRI and pain relief injections last year. I asked when the consultant saw me if he could refer me to the NHS waiting list and he said no, it come out of the gp's pot of money?
Your private consultant is incorrect. You can combine NHS and private in certain (most) circumstances.

nhs.uk/common-health-que...e-be-affected/

assets.publishing.service.go...-priv-care.pdf Section 6
"As with any other patient who changes between NHS and private status, patients who pay for private care in these circumstances should not be put at any advantage or disadvantage in relation to the NHS care they receive. They are entitled to NHS services on exactly the same basis of clinical need as any other patient. "
Old 8 Dec 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

When I saw the consultant I wasn't on a NHS waiting list. I couldn't get past physio despite being unable to walk more than 10 mins due to pain and no medication working
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List