Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I'm really surprised at how many on here have cleaners, they must be either real posh or lazy Sandra's 😂 I am neither I am just a tight wad . To be honest I would be horrified at someone having to clean up my dirty house, I would have to clean it before they arrived 😂
I am underpaid and under appreciated, I have to go on strike every now and again to show them how untidy things would be without me!
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I pay my cleaner to clean, not to tidy.
We're not particularly untidy people, but knowing you have to have washing done and tidy papers away for one day a week keeps us on top of things.
Since she gives all rooms a good hoover when she's here, all I need to do is hoover up any mess I see
And I don't know what she does to my kitchen worktops but they look gorgeous after she's been and I can't get them to look anywhere near that nice.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I am underpaid and under appreciated, I have to go on strike every now and again to show them how untidy things would be without me!
You don't work and your poor hubby has to work long hours, and you even make the poor sod get up early the weekends when he should be resting to walk the dog so you can have another lay in. I bet you spend more time cleaning up your own cake crumbs because poor hubby is always at work.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
What do you do for your day job Sandra?
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
I’ve had cleaners for donkeys years.
My latest is a gem. She lives near me so charges mates rates £10 per hour and she comes to me for 2 hours per week.
No tidying. I’m very tidy.
And I get the prize for being the laziest DIBBER as I pay a company to do my ironing too!
I have no shame lol!
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Our cleaner does 3 hours a week at £12.50 an hour. She does all rooms except ds room which is a no go area and DH office if he is working from home.

We always leave the house tidy any bits and pieces lying about she will move, she does all floors , hob , bathrooms etc.

Took us a few disastrous attempts to find the right one she’s been with us just over a year but will be going on maternity leave soon 😩 just hope her replacement is as good.
Old 6 Dec 19, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

We have 2 ladies come in on a Thurs for a total of 2 hours (between them) and have just started them coming on a Monday for an hour (between them). We pay £15ph. We're 2a2c (11 and 6) in a standard 3 bed, 1 bath house. The house gets messy reasonably quickly. We tidy up before they come as they don't lift up anything to clean under it, not even the coasters! They do the whole house on Thursday incl vacuuming and mopping kitchen, bathroom and hallway and on Monday they're just doing vatgroom, kitchen and vacuuming stairs.

They're not perfect but they're better than us having to spend our weekends doing it when I'd rather spend time with the kids or relaxing!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

I am amazed at how many cleaners charge £10 per hour 😱 how do they make any £

Min wage
Desil
Tax
National Insurance
Business insurance
etc etc

I used to have a cleaner for two hours per week think it was £15 per hour. She was so lovely and done a great job. I would leave her a list each week if I was out and make sure everything was tidy and off floors etc.

Now we have moved theres no one to clean my house as I am so rural so it's down to me and dh. I really miss walking in from work and the house beeing all lovely.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I mentioned it in my earlier post but for those with cleaners. If you can be bothered to move everything off surfaces the quality sky rockets. I don’t do this in the kitchen as there’s not much out but move everything in the bedrooms onto the beds and all the ornaments and photos downstairs onto the dining room table. It takes me and DH 20 mins each to take them off then another 20 to put them back. Has reduced the cleaning time by 30 mins a week so cheaper and they will polish now not just dust.
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
You don't work and your poor hubby has to work long hours, and you even make the poor sod get up early the weekends when he should be resting to walk the dog so you can have another lay in. I bet you spend more time cleaning up your own cake crumbs because poor hubby is always at work.
This Is offensivehe’s been home all week and only worked one day, been to busy looking at cars to buy. I take the dog four times a week for a hour a day, I spent last Sunday scrubbing the whole house getting it ready for Christmas. If you’re at Costa try not to drown in your coffee! 😯