Notices

Old 15 Sep 15, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

*21 Days to go ~ Lots of little updates*

So with just 3 weeks to go I thought I'd post another update with everything I've been planning/organising since my last post. I'm afraid it's quite a long post but with lots of smaller updates along the way.

*ADR Update*

At the beginning of August it was finally announced that Be Our Guest was permanently going to open for Breakfast and that ADRs could be made from 4th October onwards There was just one problem….trying to fit this into my already packed schedule! I mean holiday I decided it would be easiest to stick with my original plan and cancel 1900 Park Fare (as this was the one I was least bothered about) then substitute it with BOG Breakfast. I got a reservation at a good time before park opening, the only initial problem was, this is the morning of our MNSSSHP when we already have a Dinner ADR for BOG . However I later decided not to worry as I’ve secured the hat trick of BOG Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner which I wanted and they’re 2 completely different meals so I’m glad we’ll be able to hopefully sit in all of the 3 rooms and taste all of the offerings We're not pre-booking any of our food as I'd rather take a bit of time reading through the menu on the day and deciding, plus I don't think my parent's would want to choose what they want to eat 30 days in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Holiday Itineries ~ Cruise Style*

As my parents have very little knowledge of what the holiday plans are, having left all the planning to me, my lovely DM decided to make more work for me by requesting I made daily itineries to leave on their pillows the night before, like they receive on cruises. (Honestly spoiled these two Love you xxx ) It was actually a very good idea as this way they can see where we are heading the next day without them getting overwhelmed with too much information beforehand. I’ve attached a couple for you to see, I’ve noted ADRs and FPs as well as plans for each day and thought they’d actually be really handy to take to the parks to remind myself also of the going’s on.

*Daily Itineries*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Surprise Envelopes*

Having finished my itineries for DM and DD and noting on when there is a surprise, I decided to take it further and make them both envelopes to open for their 3 surprises with information of what we will be doing and when…(Memory Maker, Wilderness Back Trail Adventure & Cirque Du Soleil) Yes I have still managed to keep all of these secret! Even when my DM was asking if I was paying for the Photopass I had last time, I somehow managed to avoid it and move the conversation forward I went back to the surprise days on my itineries and edited them to say for example “Surprise (see envelope 1) 9pm” I thought this would add a bit more fun and give my DM and DD the anticipation of finding out the surprise and reading about it rather than me just telling them. I’ve made them an envelope each for each surprise but they won’t know how many surprises they’ve got. They won’t be expecting any, so just to find out about the Memory Maker in envelope 1 which I will give them on our first night (once we’re unpacked and planning for the first day) will be enough, they’ll never imagine the other 2 surprises.

*3 Envelopes Each – Marked Mum & Dad, 1, 2 & 3 so they can open each one at the same time*

*Memory Maker – Envelope 1*

Can’t wait to get some group shots with the castle behind us…very special

*Wilderness Back Trail Adventure – Envelope 2*

I can’t wait for them to find out about this. My DD was only talking about his Sedgeway experience to friends recently, telling them how much fun he had. It will be so good for DM and I to join him and do something different away from the parks.

*Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba – Envelope 3*

Again really looking forward to this, should be a nice night away from the parks. I’m not telling my parents that I’ve paid for us Golden Circle Seats…I will just let them find out on the night

*Disney Dollars*

After searching through souvenirs from my 2007 trip at my parent's house, I came across $18 Disney Dollars . I'd completely forgotten about these, I won't use them but they're just nice to keep to one side with photos/maps etc. I will trying to get some more in October if they still do them?!

*Princess Disney Dollars*

*Birthday Cake*

I'd been speaking to my DM recently about my Birthday and she was asking what kind of things could be arranged in Florida and if I could get a birthday cake out there. I told her "of course...it's Disney, anything is possible" and showed her some of the lovely cakes Dibbers on here have had made, Aimee's Tinkerbelle cake, Jonsgirl80's Star Wars cake Both stunning! She told me to ring and find out if I could organise one for after our meal at Narcoosee's. She apologised that it meant me ordering my own cake but said as she had no idea of who she would speak too or what was available it would be easiest, but her and DD would pay for it for me I was lucky with dining at Narcoosees it meant I could ring the Grand Floridian Bakery who seem to offer the best choice of cakes as they do a lot of Wedding cakes.

It took a couple of phone calls before I eventually got through to the planner. I informed her of what I was looking for and that the cake for my 30th birthday. She initially discussed a mini two tier cake however I told her I was thinking of having something a little bigger (you're only 30 once), maybe a 6" cake with decorations/a chocolate figurine on top She asked me what theme I would like and I said I didn't mind, so she asked what characters I liked I told her Frozen but you can't beat traditionally Mickey or Minnie. With this...she went off on a tangent and started relaying ideas for a Minnie Mouse cake to me. I was sold! I've told her I don't want it looking childish but thinking about it later I thought, I'm turning 30 in Disney, it being childish may make me feel a little better about the new decade

The cake will be as follows: 6" Vanilla and Raspberry Sponge, Red with White Polka Dots, it's having Minnie Mouse ears on it with "30" on (like you wear in the park) and Happy 30th Birthday Nicola. I can't wait to see it! It's costing $84 (ouch but my parent's don't mind) and will be added to our bill at Narcoosees. I'm just hoping it all works out as she took very little details off me and no credit card to secure etc. Will hopefully be able to show you lots of photos of it after my trip

*MNSSHP Outfits*

Ok...we now all have our MNSSHP outfits so I'm very excited to share them with you...(Yes I am a big kid )

I have got a beautiful Elsa dress from George at Asda. It was £30 and then I had to pay a further £13 to get it taken up so it doesn't trail on the floor. The screenshots from the website don't do it justice but I want to save the official pictures for after the night.

*Adult's Elsa Costume from George @ Asda*

The dress is full of glitter and the part with the snowflakes is like a soft net cape which is just buttoned on at the back. It's beautiful

I've bought these snowflake accessories to go in my hair, which I will plait like Elsa's (note: I'm a brunette so it will be hopefully be obvious I'm not the "real" Elsa)

*Snowflake Clip from Ebay - This will be clipped at the bottom of my plait*

*Snowflake Grips/Clips also from Ebay - These will be placed throughout my plait just like Elsa's *

I can't wait to wear this on to MNSSHP, i'll be as giddy as (if not worse) than some of the children . My parent's also wanted to be part of the action and dress up but they couldn't find anything that they liked which would be practical and not too warm. I originally spotted their matching costumes for my DD who loved it as soon as he saw it however DM agreed she would also wear one then they'd both be the same, they'd be dressed up but nothing OTT and it's still practical. Well here is a screenshot of it (that's not my parent's in the photo )...

*Pumpkin Outfit from Ebay*

My parent's are both going to MNSSHP as matching Pumpkins The outfits were £14.99 each from Ebay and consist of a foam tabard and a little green hat. They're lightweight and means my parent's can throw on some normal park clothes underneath and just add the costume over the top. We're all so excited and I'm so happy that my parent's are getting into the spirit of it all.

*Last few purchases (hopefully)*

I've somehow managed to convince myself that I need another Disney T-shirt from Primark recently. I really need to stop now and start organising my clothes ready to be washed and packed. I think so far my t-shirts far outweigh any other item which i've bought for this holiday I couldn't resist this though as it's cute and so me...I really wish my Disney Prince would hurry along now...

*Disney T-shirt £6 (I think?) from Primark*

As well as the t-shirt, back in August I decided to treat myself to some of Mickey Waffles Bows/Hairbands from Etsy, I knew I was cutting it fine to order and get them shipped from the US in time for my holiday so I've since messaged her and she is kindly going to ship/deliver them straight to Pop Century for me to collect there on arrival. Part of me is nervous that I've spent £40+ (I know, I know ) and they may not be there but hopefully if they're not there by check in they shouldn't be long afterwards. I've order 6 in total - got carried away as usual! 3 of these will be standard bows and 3 are being placed on headbands as generally my hair is always down and back in a hairband.

These are what I've ordered:

*Cinderella Castle Bow - definitely required for CRT*

*The Seas with Nemo & Friends Bow - this is being put onto a blue headband and will be worn in Epcot and/or Waterpark day*

*Main Street Electrical Parade Bow - with glow in the dark dots. I'll give them a try in MK*

*Animal Kingdom Bow - this is being put onto a brown hairband and will be worn to AK and/or Sanaa*

*Eeyore Bow - So Cute, hope I can wear this to Crystal Palace on our first morning*

*Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Bow - this is being put onto a black hairband and will obviously be worn to HS*

So there we have it, this will probably be the last big update before I go back to Disney! Yeah! There may be another update or 2 for SDD etc but otherwise I will start my trip report (and hopefully finish it this time) once I return... hopefully the time won't pass too quickly as I don't want it to end and it's not even started yet.

Thanks for reading xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Those bows are gorgeous !

I wish I was your mum & dad, what lovely surprises.

It's lovely of them to pay for your cake, it sounds delicious & I can't wait to see a pic! Enjoy your final organising & have a great trip
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Those bows are gorgeous !

I wish I was your mum & dad, what lovely surprises.

It's lovely of them to pay for your cake, it sounds delicious & I can't wait to see a pic! Enjoy your final organising & have a great trip
Thanks alot, I can't wait for everything to hopefully come together. Only 19 days now but it feels so far away

I can't wait to see my cake, i'll be nervous and excited on the night

Thanks for reading xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List