Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our WDW Honeymoon pre trip report!

INDEX IS HERE

This is my first attempt at writing any kind of report so I hope you like it!

It’s for our Disney holiday in January 2011 which happens to be our honeymoon!

It’s the longest I have ever had a holiday booked in advance and I actually can’t wait! I’m so tempted to try and find a last minute deal to Florida in the mean time but I think that might take away from the honeymoon a bit as there are still some parks I haven’t experienced yet and would like to have a few new things to look forward to.

I have been to Florida on two previous occasions, once when I was 9 (way back in 1995) with my family and then after a long wait I managed to go back last year (2009) with my boyfriend (his first trip). We had been to DLP a few years previous but it just doesn’t compare!

Last year we only managed to stay for a week and we booked into a hotel on international drive. As we were both only 23 at the time and couldn’t really spare the money for the extra insurance on a car we relied on the I-ride and the hotel shuttle busses to get around. This being the reason that there still remains two Disney parks that I have never been to – Animal kingdom & Blizzard Beach, both of which weren’t even built when I first visited.

So, we are now booked in for a 10 night stay at the Animal kingdom lodge in February 2011! Please let me have any recommendations for restaurants & special occasion ideas you have.

The things/rides I am most looking forward to this time are:

Tower of terrors
The mummy
Eating at the Hard Rock Cafe
Dining with Shamu – in fact my whole day at seaworld, its my absolute favourite park!
Watching the Epcot illuminations
Cirque de soleil

I have been looking at the dining reviews on here and am hoping to book adr's at Boma, Ohana, Whispering canyon cafe & Le Cellier as well as eating offsite at Bahama Breeze!

Please let me know if you have any other restaurant suggestions or special occasion ideas! I want to fit as much as possible into the trip!

Edited at 12:10 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 10, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Abi ... I have moved this to the Pre Trip Reports forum for you.
Thanks
Joa
Old 27 Feb 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Please let me have any recommendations for restaurants & special occasion ideas you have.
Howdo Abi,

At AKL, make sure you wander out to the observation outlook over the main Savannah, at the back of the swimming pool after the sun has set.

find a CM and they'll give you some night vision binoculars to watch the animals at night. very cool! They're also a mind of information and stories and worth chatting to.

Enjoy!
Old 1 Mar 10, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you have lots of fun planning both your Disney honeymoon and your wedding.

Make sure you get your 'Just Married' badges wgen you check in - you never know what special things might come your way
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 13, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great start
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List