Old 6 Aug 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
It’s all coming together now Abi! Not long to go.

We found the same w the tickets, I don’t know how Americans afford them but I know they do shorter breaks than us too.

The Trafford Centre is about 20 minutes from us I love a good shop there! X
I love the Trafford center. I have tried to book a meal for the Saturday night at TGI's or Las Iguanas but neither will let me book. i guess they keep the tables for walk ins on a bust weekend.

Yes, the Americans will only do a 4/5 day break there won't they? Not sure how they fit it all in .

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Sounds like a fab trip Abi. Can’t wait to read along.
Looking forward to Edith’s daily outfit photos.
They will likely be the same outfits as last trip as she hasn't grown too much. Ill try to mix it up a bit
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Love the fact your going back again. We’ve just started talking about a trip in November.
I’m absolutely gutted we couldn’t tie it in with horror nights as I’m a massive ghostbusters fan and I gutted we can’t make it work.
As always looking forward to reading about your trip

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Love the fact your going back again. We’ve just started talking about a trip in November.
I’m absolutely gutted we couldn’t tie it in with horror nights as I’m a massive ghostbusters fan and I gutted we can’t make it work.
As always looking forward to reading about your trip

We just can't seem to help ourselves

Oh that's a shame that you can't make it work with Horror Nights, I'm so looking forward to going again. Ghostbusters has to be a winning formula for them I'm sure. Every child of the 80's will be wanting to see that house
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The story behind booking your trip really made me smile, I wish we could do such an impromptu trip but OH’s annual leave is a nightmare. I can’t believe the price of your flights, what an utter bargain. Also, great price on the car hire! I think we were going to be more than that for a compact!

How nice to Jon to get you the tickets on the military deal, I am very pleased you are going to be doing Disney again!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The story behind booking your trip really made me smile, I wish we could do such an impromptu trip but OH’s annual leave is a nightmare. I can’t believe the price of your flights, what an utter bargain. Also, great price on the car hire! I think we were going to be more than that for a compact!

How nice to Jon to get you the tickets on the military deal, I am very pleased you are going to be doing Disney again!
We were lucky with dates as we had both booked the first 2 weeks of October off well in advance to coincide with Edith's birthday. When we started looking for flights, I was amazed at how reasonable they were

Car hire shocked me a bit! I'm not sure why that's so cheap. The only thing we couldn't get a bargain price for was the Premier Inn, I think you have to book a few months in advance to get their £35 rooms now, it stung to pay £75!
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Aw I've just seen this - looks like you go the week after us! If we spot you we'll say hi

Great price on the flights and car! We are paying £100 more than you for a full size!
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Aw I've just seen this - looks like you go the week after us! If we spot you we'll say hi

Great price on the flights and car! We are paying £100 more than you for a full size!
Yes definitely come and say hi

Have you tried Alamo Brits or have you got a non cancelable booking?
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah we booked through Alamo Brits I've seen it drop by £10 since I booked in March, so I cancelled and rebooked. Still cost £349 for a full size for 14 nights! I've just checked again and it's £356 now, or £389 for a standard SUV. Not sure if if it's worth the upgrade for £40? We drive a ford focus at home, and have to drive to the airport, so if everything fits in there then I'm sure it will fit in the full size when we are at MCO!

An SUV would be nice though for the luxury ...

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love how Ghostbusters has changed the whole holiday itinerary, fabulous flight prices too. Hope you all have a fantastic time. I’ll look forward to reading all about it.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Yeah we booked through Alamo Brits I've seen it drop by £10 since I booked in March, so I cancelled and rebooked. Still cost £349 for a full size for 14 nights! I've just checked again and it's £356 now, or £389 for a standard SUV. Not sure if if it's worth the upgrade for £40? We drive a ford focus at home, and have to drive to the airport, so if everything fits in there then I'm sure it will fit in the full size when we are at MCO!

An SUV would be nice though for the luxury ...
I think we paid about £389 for an intermediate SUV back in April for 14 nights so that price for a standard is pretty good still. Id pay the £40 tbh, but I like being in a big car over there as the roads terrify me!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love how Ghostbusters has changed the whole holiday itinerary, fabulous flight prices too. Hope you all have a fantastic time. I’ll look forward to reading all about it.
I know! A childhood obsession lasting well into his 30's