Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Help with using USA sites to book please

I want to book a Celebrity Cruise around Greece etc for 2020 but have found the .com site is giving me a better deal than I can get on any UK site.

Am I okay to go ahead and book with them? I dont have to be from the US? Its probably a silly question for some people but I have no idea

Theyre offering a free drinks package on inside cabins, so its much more affordable for me.

Thanks for any info...

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean and they allow UK residents to book with US agents (or certainly did when we booked). Just check the implications of any currency fluctuations and the differences between US and UK in consumer protection in the t&c’s (packages booked in UK are backed by statutory consumer protection legislation). Booking through a US agent does have other benefits such as refundable deposit if you cancel (usually).

Edited at 05:18 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Not sure how far you went through on the booking pages? but check taxes etc are added on on the U.S. site? They add it on later then we do?

If it's a better offer for you still, it might be worth asking a US travel agent for a price too? You may get some on board credit to use?
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Thank you for your replies

Booked with Planet Cruise in the end, and not on the cruise I had been planning on

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Anyone booked with Royal Caribbean on the USA site? Much better price than the UK one and it allows you to put British citizen but then asks for a US state. I'm guessing it's not allowed?
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
Anyone booked with Royal Caribbean on the USA site? Much better price than the UK one and it allows you to put British citizen but then asks for a US state. I'm guessing it's not allowed?
Hi
I didn’t think you could book direct on the US site so went via travel on a dream. Would be interested to know too