Notices

Old 10 Mar 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 11

I was up at 5.30 (seems to be a theme this) with DS and kept him quiet and entertained so he didn't disturb DH and Dd. They woke around 7am and we got dressed before heading along to the lounge for breakfast. There was a really good selection of food. Breads/muffins/bagels for toasting, Cheese and ham, boiled eggs, fruit, biscuits and gravy, pastries, cereal and mini muffins. The usual coffee, juices and soft drinks were available too.

I had a bagel with cheese and prosciutto ham which was lovely.

Also grabbed a plate of biscuits and gravy, DH didn't think the gravy was as good as chef mickeys but was nice and quite peppery.

We also had some fruit and pastries.

After breakfast we packed away all of our stuff and went for a walk around the resort, we watched the animals for a while then made our way back up to the lounge for some lunch.

Arrived at Hollywood studios and were parked right at the back of the car park, looked like it was very busy today already. Once in the park our first stop was the fancy Nancy meet and greet, this was a new one for us. Dd wanted to show fancy Nancy her magic band which had her on. Next we popped over to see vamporina and then it was time for our smugglers run fastpass.

Dd and DH had been on this the other day before we got rained off and DH said he wasn't too fussed about doing it again but wanted to look round galaxy's edge. Dd and I went on smugglers run and were lucky enough to get the pilot role, this is much more impressive as you control the movements of the aircraft between the 2 of you as pilots. When we came off dh had bought a few things in the market area and was pleased with his finds and it was time for our fastpass for toy story mania. We took the back shortcut along to toy story land as parked up the stroller before heading onto the ride. DH took DS which gave me the opportunity to beat him for once!

We also had a fastpass for alien swirling saucers but decided that hanging around for an hour until it opened was abit pointless and we would be better off making our way to the contemporary early and seeing if we could be seated sooner. As we walked out of toy story land Dd asked if she could have an ice cream so we found a cart and used a snack credit to get a Mickey ice cream sandwich, this should have been $6 so was a great use of a snack credit.

DH and I got a schofferhofer grapefruit beer to share, well for me to drink and DH to have a taste of haha. This was $11 and really refreshing on a warm day.

We then made our way out of the park and drove over to the contemporary we were an hour early for our reservation but they let us check in anyway and seated us not long after. Our server was Jay and he was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable and faultlessly professional.

He took our drink order, I had a roederer sparking rose which was $20 and very nice.

DH had a Honig Cabernet Sauvignon which was $23 and Dd had an apple juice.

Our server brought us some sourdough bread with a sundried tomato and garlic olive oil dip. This was lovely, the dip had lots of flavour.

For starter there was only one thing on mine and DH's radar, the spicy Kazan roll $29.

This is crab, shrimp and tuna sushi roll served around bay scallops in fireball sauce. This is the best sushi I have ever eaten and we cleared our plates, ginger and pickle included.

Dd had chicken noodle soup which she loved and ate every last bit.

For mains again DH and I had exactly the same, the oak fired fillet of beef, this was served medium rare with aged Gouda Mac and cheese, Brussels sprouts, oxtail marmelade and a red wine- onion jus. The beef was cooked to perfection and barely needed a knife to cut it. The Brussel sprouts had so much flavour and the mac cheese was very nice. I always find Mac cheese an odd accompaniment to steak but it was fine.

Dd had the grilled beef tenderloin served with white rice and green beans, this was a huge plateful for a children's portion. The beef was delicious and cooked a perfect medium.

For dessert dh had a tarte tatin, even though the menu said it had cinnamon it wasn't overpowering and very subtle, he enjoyed this.

I had the warm valrhona chocolate cake served with panna cotta and ice cream. This was really good, the cake was lovely and gooey inside.

Dd had the puffed rice sushi which was rice crispie cake and gummies made to look like sushi, she enjoyed this but was stuffed by this point.

Our bill came to $303 but was covered by 2 credits each on the dining plan. The dining plan only cost $285 for the 3 of us so chef mickeys, the refillable mugs and 6 snacks ended up effectively free. We haven't actually used out mugs at all yet but they will come in very useful when we check into beach club for 6 nights on Sunday so we would have bought 3 mugs at a cost of $60 while staying there.
After our meal we considered watching the fireworks at magic kingdom but we have to be up and our very early for our day at discovery cove so we decided to give them a miss and catch them next week. We still had 5 snack credits to use up so we headed to Contempo cafe to grab some cupcakes and Dd got herself a candy apple from LBV gifts. Total for these should have been $29.
We then drove back to mystic dunes, quickly got everything ready for the morning and were straight to bed.
I live doing the maths around our use of the dining plan.
The total cost was $285 for the 3 of us.
Chef mickeys = $162
California grill = $303
Refillable mugs = $60
Snacks = $35
Total value =$561
Saving = $276
Granted we wouldn't have bought the snacks all when we did and we probably wouldn't have had 3 course ay California grill had we been paying out of pocket but it was a lovely treat knowing we could have 3 courses, pick anything we wanted and cost was no issue. We absolutely love doing the deluxe dining plan for 1 or 2 nights for this reason.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 10 Mar 20 3:56 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Your meal all looked delicious 😋
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A really good use of your dining plan and it looked lovely

Joan