Notices

Old 20 Jun 11, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by *Zoe* View Post
Hiya

Rollercoaster? More like a near miss plane crash!

The only problem with having more time to plan is that we keep changing things!

You know you do all the car boot sales etc... do you find DVD's sell quite well or would I be better off music magpie-ing them?
DVDs are pretty much useless on ebay, bootsales you can usually get £1 each. This is what we charged at our most recent bootsale and we sold most ours sold, any left we sent off to music magpie but we only had 30p for some if you've got a fair few, do a boot sale or... have you thought of listing them in the forsale forum on here - costs aprox 90p to post second class so you could pop em on for £2 or £2.50 delivered and see if anyone on here wants them - good luck
Old 20 Jun 11, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

All your planning stuff is looking gooodddd Zoe! Such a shame your countdown has increased by so much but 3 weeks will be amazing and you have lots of extra time to plan lots of amazing things!

I'd def agree that car boot sales are the way to go for DVDs, people seem to sell them for at least £1 at our local one so that would earn you a bit if you do one! Ebay is a bit of a faff for such small items I think.

Oh, unless it's The Lion King or The Little Mermaid :angry: both of which I'm trying to buy for less than a tenner but it just isn't happening! They are both so expensive on play.com and amazon and non-existent on ebay! I need to wait for them to be re-released I think!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 11, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Update #6 - 461 Days to go!

I thought I'd do a little update with two pictures... the first was taken at The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Resort and the second was taken at my Graduation in 2010... that is the most recent picture of me and mum that I have as I avoid camera's... I'm made to be behind them, not in front of them, lol!

I swear that at the beginning of the day my hair was straight in my graduation picture, but it had rained that day and we had to walk about half a mile from the main campus to our venue! Which if you ask me was frankly stupid!

Next Update

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 11, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello Zoe

Just read your pre-trippie, wow how organised are you! Sorry you have to put back your trip but 3 weeks it is well worth it for the wait. (wish we were going for 3 weeks again). Congratulations on your graduation too, and have you heard any news about your screening test yet? Hope you and your mum are doing well, love that she comments on your pre-trippie, and look forward to reading more updates. Take care
Old 2 Jul 11, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clareabell View Post
Hello Zoe

Just read your pre-trippie, wow how organised are you! Sorry you have to put back your trip but 3 weeks it is well worth it for the wait. (wish we were going for 3 weeks again). Congratulations on your graduation too, and have you heard any news about your screening test yet? Hope you and your mum are doing well, love that she comments on your pre-trippie, and look forward to reading more updates. Take care
Hi Clare

Thanks for commenting! I'm trying to get the holiday all but planned now as will (or had better be!) working up until we go next year so getting it done on this years park hours and will tinker a little bit next year

My graduation was back in November so a while back now! Mum looks quite different post chemo - I will see if I can convince her to get a picture of us taken together tomorrow at the Dibb Meet/BBQ thing in Southampton!

Thanks again
Old 17 Jul 11, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Update #7 -436 Days to go!

Hello my lovely dibbers

It’s been a while since my last update but I have been busy, I promise! Since our last update we have covered rather a lot of miles!

We knew that we were going to be busy so on the Saturday of the last weekend in June we drove the 115 miles to Plymouth for the day to see my great-grandma (and she is great, and I say that with the knowledge that she isn’t going to be reading this and thus removes the need for me to say such things!). The journey down was very foggy and I took this picture for prosperity… as the lovely JamelUK suggested in one of his reports, get a piece of paper and hold it six inches from your face and you’d get the idea!

First things first though was one of the more important things (well, for me!) on any trip to Plymouth, which was a visit to Captain Jaspers, now I was born in Plymouth, and lived there until I was 14. Now, both of my parents worked close to, and my darling much loved and missed nan (otherwise known as ‘trouble’ – we’d always ask her when going to see her if she wanted anything heavy and if her answer was yes, it would be followed by “only if it’s not too much trouble…” hence the nickname!) lived near to this place of deliciousness I visited quite, possibly too, often! As such, even after we have lived said 115 miles away and have only visited sporadically in the last 9 years the servers, who haven’t changed, still know my order!

Now to get to Capt’ Jaspers you have to drive past one of James Tanner’s restaurant, he who I happen to have a crush on, and we saw him, which cheered me up considerably! I did have a picture of him but then my browser crashed so I have given up, just search engine ‘James Tanner Calendar’ and it should be the first picture of the lot to come up! So back to Capt’ Jaspers, I had my usual large bacon on a soft bap with fried onions and tomato ketchup with a black coffee and mum had a Hawaiian which is bacon with cheese and pineapple!

We took grandma for lunch and she ate more than either mum or I! I met up with my best friend and we went off together, I finally got to give her Christmas present, only oh, six months late, whoops! She decided we’d drive around Dartmoor for a bit and I took a few pictures, mainly of Cadover Bridge where I spent many a childhood day!

We headed back home late afternoon via the scenic route through Seatown and Charmouth and I took some pictures of the lovely sea in the afternoon, though unfortunately because of mother er, pushing the speed limit they didn’t come out very well, though I have put up the few of those that came out half decent.

The following weekend was the July 4th on the 3rd Southern DIBB meet BBQ at Itchen Valley Country Park which was a lovely day, and we met the lovely Libby (oh_darling) and her boyfriend Ben, who make a lovely couple. Libby did a quick road test of my camera and took a picture of Ben – Libby, I will add it to your TR when I get around to loading my pictures to my PC!

We also met the DIBBCast presenters, who I swiftly told not to interview me as it would mean that I couldn’t listen to that episode as I hate my own voice! All of the presenters were lovely, and it was nice to put some faces to voices!

During the week I had had a blood test where they (tried) to take eight vials of blood for tests, which left a rather large bruise on my arm and raised a few questions when I had it out – well, it was hot!

The following week was another busy one, I had to go into university for a meeting with my dissertation supervisor who I had to speak to about my survey which I needed to make live; if any of you would like to help me out by completing it, please PM me and I will share the link with you.

I also collected my results from the work which I was talking about in my last update – overall I got 58% for the module which I was disappointed about, however when you take into consideration that it involved public speaking which I am useless at and working with a group of people who I wanted to put into the large amount of holes which had been dug in that field somewhere in East Dorset I think I did quite well!

On the Friday I was on the coach on the way to Oxford, the coach was running 20 minutes late and people were moaning about connections. Now here I had to stick up for National Express… when I was in my final year at Kingston, during the first semester I was only in two days a week and it was cheaper for me to commute and the cheapest way for me to commute was getting a coach at silly o clock from Poole to Heathrow Airport and then a local bus from there into Kingston I have worked out that I got the coach 66 times (a couple of weeks I was in three or four days, but commuting was still cheaper! So 33 return trips) and only on three occasions was one late for me. Once because there was an accident in the tunnels at Heathrow and they were closed for 2 hours, once because there was an accident on the A31 and once because of a technical issue where we had to swap coaches. Back to that Friday though, the driver had more than caught up by the time that we got to my stop, Oxford, and in fact arrived there 7 minutes early!

My afternoon was spent making mum and her colleagues drinks as they hurried to finish things and general keeping out of their way until she finished at 7pm!

We then headed up the road to Asbhy De La Zouch, though I have to admit to having a slight - ok, major – tantrum as we went past the turning for Silverstone as last weekend was obviously the British Grand Prix and anyone who knows me knows that I love Formula 1! It is one race that I absolutely have to go to in my lifetime!

Just to add some yumminess to this update, here is a picture of Sebastian Vettel who I happen to find utterly gorgeous and regardless of what many F1 fans will say think that what he has achieved by the age of 24 and 2 weeks (today) is pretty remarkable. Did I mention that I think he is cute?!

We stopped at Warwick Services for dinner where mum had KFC and I had a Burger King which had given me a slightly dicky tummy by the time that we reached our hotel!

We were booked into the Ashby de la Zouch Premier Inn which was clean and comfy, everything we needed, the only negative we had that was that it had no lift… fine for when we had no luggage but a bit of a pain in the bum when we did! We were straight to bed and up for a weekend of fun with the lovely Sarah and family!

So Saturday morning we enjoyed a cooked breakfast in the adjoining Brewers Fayre and then headed to the Tesco’s which was next door to get a few things that we needed and a present for Sarah and Nick’s anniversary.

When we turned into Sarah’s road we saw Max and Charlotte out playing on their bikes, well, we spotted their lovely hair! We were quickly taken in by Sarah and our lovely weekend began.

We felt honoured to have spent their anniversary weekend with them and I can wholeheartedly report to the rest of you dibbers that Sarah, Nick, Beth, Brandon, Charlotte and Max are as lovely as they come across in Sarah’s reports and weekly pre-trip report updates!

Saturday afternoon Beth and I made a Red Velvet Cake and left the mothers to decorate it the following morning as we didn’t want to make too much mess! Back to Saturday, and we went out for dinner which was lovely and popped in to visit some of Sarah and Nick’s friends – RhysJC and his parents – who will also be at Sarah and Nick’s vow renewal next year, which was nice as we won’t be too shy on the day!

Here are some pictures of me and mum together and separately from the evening, taken by that papparatso who kept following us everywhere… and these photo’s were taken on an iPhone, she really is that good!

Me and mum…

Mum…

Me…

I do have to add here that I really hate having my photo taken, which is obvious from those photographs and the ones which I recently posted from our 2009 trip which were a selection of photo-pass pictures and Discovery Cove Pictures.

Sunday we were back at Sarah’s and as those of you who read Sarah’s pre-trippie will know, we went to Scene Valley for a lovely walk around what I believe was Horseshoe Lake. Beforehand we watched the grand prix, I may or may not have chanted ‘Alonso crash, Alonso crash’ for most of the time which he was leading, and eventually won (boooo! :angry. I was just disappointed that I didn’t get to see the fit, cute one from a few pictures up win! You gotta stick up for the people born the same year as you! Dinner was a yummy Jambalaya prepared by Nick and cooked by Sarah which as I have already mentioned was yum!

This week has been pretty uneventful, we travelled home on Monday following a quick cup of coffee at Sarah’s on the Monday morning, and saying good-bye and thank you for having us! On Thursday I had my re-scheduled Additional Learning Needs appointment which confirmed what I have been thinking for a while, that I have dyslexia and confirming the initial screeners thoughts that I also have dyspraxia. Whilst I general dyslexia I also have Dyscalculia which is related to Maths and explains a lot!

I’ve gotten over my initial anger that it has been left until I am 23, nearly 24 to be found out when I first started to suspect that there was a deeper issue during my A-Levels but was told that I was coping fine and my grades were good! This story continued throughout my undergraduate degree and was only flagged by my course director this year.

This weekend has been a relaxing one… we went to see the final *sob * Harry Potter film which we enjoyed and went for a yummy meal at TGI Fridays afterwards. Yesterday we had a lazy day and watched a few films. Today we had a lie in, had bacon sandwiches for breakfast/brunch and then had a Disney Planning Afternoon.

Our plan was 3 nights Vero Beach, 2 nights Tampa, 2 nights Universal 14 nights Disney but we have now got planned:
  • September 26th : Saratoga Springs Resort as I didn’t want mum to drive too far on the first night
  • September 27 – 28th : A hotel in Tampa to do Big Cat Rescue & Busch Gardens
  • September 29 – 30th : Disney’s Vero Beach to relax
  • October 1 – 2nd : Universal Hotel
  • October 3 – 17th : Disney Accommodation, definitely a week at Bay Lake Tower which is our home resort and hopefully a week at Beach Club Villa’s – though I am aware that as the Food and Wine festival is on that this might not happen!

That jiggle around also means that we can avoid doing Busch Gardens at a weekend!

To be honest we haven’t arranged much more than that, other than by having a look around at Historic Park hours to see that Morning EMH’s at Magic Kingdom seem to be a Thursday which is utter brilliance on our part as our first Disney day is… on a Thursday!

We then read Alkel2730's trip report, both in utter histerics, and mum has had a nap whilst I finish off typing up this update, which has now reached 4 and a half pages of Times New Roman 12pt... ooops!

See you all soon
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
That Alonso chap is very handsome! You have great taste!

You sound as if you had a very busy time but lovely and well worth it!

Off to look at your photopass pic's now

Take care xx
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
That Alonso chap is very handsome! You have great taste!

You sound as if you had a very busy time but lovely and well worth it!

Off to look at your photopass pic's now

Take care xx
That handsome chap up there is actually Vettel... Alonso has massive slug like eyebrows!

Thanks for reading!
Old 17 Jul 11, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by *Zoe* View Post
That handsome chap up there is actually Vettel... Alonso has massive slug like eyebrows!

Thanks for reading!
Oh ###### SORRY I checked as well! You'll have to forgive me it was a blonde moment!

We hate Alonso VETTEL is a handsome chap xx
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 11, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Hehe!

I started with mild distaste for Alonso, then I watched a Grand Prix in Spain and it turned to hatred!

If you haven't found the photopass pictures they're in the index for Third Time's a Charm/2009 trip in my sig

x

Edited at 10:13 AM.