Notices

Old 27 Sep 11, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15
The ultimate birthday surprise - Pre-trippie!

Hey guys, welcome to my first pre-trip report. Maybe slightly earlier than first planned as my little ticker currently stands at 262 days (! ) but hey Im hooked on the Dibb and I think I may have read near on 80% of the trip report forum. So I thought Id have a stab at it... so here it is, bare with me please

Ok, let me begin by introducing myself. Im Abi ... (real imaginitive with the Dibb username I know)... and I live in a very beautiful part of the south coast, a town called Weymouth in Dorset. Turns out its more famous than anyone who lives here realises! Good to hear from anyone who has had the pleasure of visiting.

Im a born and bred Weymouth girl, have a wonderful man, step daughter (or as close to being without us being married), 2 cats and a crazy black Lab puppy and we are in our first 12 months of mortgageville. How exactly we are affording this trip I have no idea but it will happen!

On this trip will be just the 3 of us in the form of the following:

ME - Abi, 27 years young. Dibb obsessive and a closet lover of all things Disney and Belle wannabe from the age of about 6 and have now found my beast First time planner, spreadsheet obsessive and avid Florida App purchaser!

The man - Rich, 33 and an old man in training! Florida virgin and a star wars enthusiast and Jedi wannabe. I may have accidently on purpose failed to mention star tours so that should put a smile on his face : ) Man of the law and the love of my life... awwwwh

The teen - Bethany-Anne, 13, but will be 14 the day before we fly. Your typical princess with the odd teenage flare, mood swing, shoulder shrug and general ''meh''. Still young at heart and is the reason for our little hop over the pond. She is totally unaware and this is her awesome surprise 14th birthday pressie!

How Im going to keep this a secret Ive no idea, but Ive managed to keep shtum since January when the plans all started. Speaking of plans, heres our what/where/when... and whatever else

The plan in theory and on paper -

We are hoping to drive up the night before and get a Hilton stay at LGW before we fly on June 16th 2012. Flying direct to MCO with villa accommodation at Indian Point for 2 glorious weeks.
Will be purchasing the Ultimate Disney 14 day Ticket, seaworld/aquatica and Busch gardens pass and a 2 park Universal/IOA ticket... If we can fit that all in with a few rest days! Car hire is a must for us too!

Whats been confirmed so far...
The dates we are going... Villa deposit paid... diet started... and thats it!

Both Rich and I work as civil servants and have an annual leave block from July-Sept due to the olympics so that, along with villa availability have secured these dates for us... and falls as a perfect birthday present for Beth! Bonus! So heres hoping that the rest of the plans fall so perfectly into place... eeeeek!

Everything else is in the process of constant price checks, saving pennies and spreadsheet updating on a daily basis. We are hoping to book and fly with VA. Although definitely up for debate giving their constant price faffing of recent! Not impressed VA by the way!

ESTA's will be done nearer the time purely so they stay valid for longer, tickets will be looked into in the new year once 2011 is out the way and likewise with car hire... main reason being is that the car hasnt been fully researched yet. But we have budgeted a rough price regardless.

Which park on what day will be decided nearer to the time, on consulting the DIBB's busy park guide of course. The very very important restaurant picking is is full swing as I type! Loving the food reports and galleries by the way!

So how did this trip came about... ? pretty simple really. That WDW tv advert with all the little darlings getting their surprise holiday revealed. After about 3 months of ''Dad, when are you going to tell me that we are off to Florida'' on a weekly basis we thought... well why the hell not! Shes only young once and is growing up before our eyes! She has done DLP at a tiny 5 years old (with both parents) so as much as that darn advert has to answer for... Im not gonna complain! Rich has decided its gonna be a surprise from day 1 and is adament that she will not know until the day of her birthday. How we will spring it on her we have not yet decided. Any ideas greatly welcomed if Ive managed not to explode with excitement before hand!

So as my money tree has failed to produce in 2011 we chose next year as painfull as the wait is! Hooray for the DIBB to get me throught these hard times!

So there we have it, my first trip trippie on the DIBB! For those that have got this far thank you for hanging in there and taking the time to read all about me! I will continue to write updates of purchases, planning and weightloss (I will get back into my size 8 shorts I bought! ) as and when I can.

Wish me luck guys!

The updates...

A mini teen drama queen

We are on a roll baby!

The lady and the tramp

The Ultimate Birthday Surprise 2012 - Pre Trip Report
------------------------------------------------------
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2002
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2005
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2012

Edited at 01:08 AM.
Abbi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pre-trippie Abbi! I may pluck up enough courage to do one at some point... good luck on the purchases planning and weightloss...keep us posted!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Psymon
Excited about Disney

Love the Pre-Trippie. Good luck with keeping it a secret for so long... That will require a lot of sneaking around (you'll surprised how perseptive kids are). Look forward to getting the updates along the way

Si
Psymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Originally Posted by cdz View Post
Great pre-trippie Abbi! I may pluck up enough courage to do one at some point... good luck on the purchases planning and weightloss...keep us posted!
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
Love the Pre-Trippie. Good luck with keeping it a secret for so long... That will require a lot of sneaking around (you'll surprised how perseptive kids are). Look forward to getting the updates along the way

Si
I know! there is a fair bit of sneaking but she doesnt live with us and is over once or twice a week so all paperwork gets stashed away LOL.

She knows we are going away as we have had to get permission from school and also thought it was best she couldnt double book herself.

Thanks for reading!

Abbi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have really enjoyed reading your pre-trippie and I look forward to reading more !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Originally Posted by Helen0705 View Post
Have really enjoyed reading your pre-trippie and I look forward to reading more !
Thank you for taking the time to read : )

Old 27 Sep 11, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

That's gonna be a great trip for all of you!

We are keeping our trip a secret too, but ours are 9 and 4, so not quite so perceptive as a 14 year old! They don't even question why I read a Disney guide book in bed!

We are going to tell them on Christmas day, so that they only have about 5 weeks to wait until we go.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
That's gonna be a great trip for all of you!

We are keeping our trip a secret too, but ours are 9 and 4, so not quite so perceptive as a 14 year old! They don't even question why I read a Disney guide book in bed!

We are going to tell them on Christmas day, so that they only have about 5 weeks to wait until we go.

OOOH how exciting for you! How have you decided to reveal the surprse?

Old 27 Sep 11, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Great trip report :-) Hope you manage to keep the surprise! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
Great trip report :-) Hope you manage to keep the surprise! x
Thanks for reading : )