Notices

Old 10 Apr 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 18

Today was our final full day. It had come round all too quickly but at the same time it seemed like a completely different holiday we'd been staying at mystic dunes. Thinking back to landing in Orlando almost 3 weeks ago we had done so much since then.
DS had woken up early this morning and DH took him out for a walk around the resort and endless coffee.
I had set my alarm for 7 again so Dd and I could get up and do the fun run at boardwalk. After I had got back yesterday from the run Dd had said she would have liked to do it so we planned to do the boardwalk run this morning. We got ready and made our way to jelly rolls/Atlantic dance where the registration was taking place. As we walked through the beach club lobby we bumped into DH so he came with us to watch. We got registered and paid our $15 fee each and wrote our name on our bibs. This run was 1.4 miles so a bit shorter than yesterday and better for Dd. The route was from boardwalk down towards Hollywood studios, we turned round just before the bridge today (about 100m short, if that) and then back towards boardwalk and a lap of the boardwalk. Either yesterday's run was less than 1.86 miles or todays was longer than 1.4miles as there was no way There was nearly half a mile difference in the routes. It was a couple of hundred metres maximum. There were a lot more people doing it today maybe 15-20, Dd did amazingly and came third! When we finished we were given our commemorative race pin and there was a voucher for a free goody glacier on the bottom of our race bib. We grabbed some nut bars and fruit and headed back to our room to get ready for our final day which as usual was the be spent at magic kingdom.

The weather was much cooler today which highs of 23 which was a shock after yesterday but actually by early afternoon perfect weather. It made us realise in summer by the afternoon were a hot sweaty mess and desperate to leave the parks to cool off, in these cooler temperatures we were able to carry on all afternoon no problem and weren't looking for air con and going from inside attraction to shops etc to stay cool.
Dd wore her princess dress and had a furry pink princess shrug to keep her warm while the day warmed up. I wore my spirit jersey and DS had a hoody on so we were prepared for it dropping cooler later tonight. We took the ferry boat across seven seas lagoon and the breeze was abit too cold! We got to magic kingdom just before 11 and went straight to our first fastpass to meet tinkerbell. We were feeling hungry by now and hadn't been to Gaston's tavern this trip so that's where we were headed now. We got 2 warm cinnamon rolls with extra icing and able fou's brew. Total came to $18 and we sat inside and shared these.

Next we did another of our favourite magic kingdom attractions, mickeys philharmagic. There was a small queue for this but didn't take too long and DS had called asleep by this point. When we came out it was time for our big thunder mountain fastpass but I just got a message saying it was down and our fastpass had been rearranged to a multiple experience fastpass. DH had been wanting to take Dd on space mountain all holiday but I wasn't sure about it due to the seating arrangement and if she decided she was scared there's no one there to comfort her so I'd held off with fastpasses for that and it always had a huge queue. Well DH suggested taking Dd on with the multiple experience fastpass and she jumped at the suggestion. Off they went and 20 minutes later when they got off she had absolutely loved it, had her arms up all the way round and wanted to go again. Unfortunately we hadn't sorted rider switch as I wasn't convinced she'd want to go again, and I wasn't too fussed for it. Even though we'd had a snack earlier we were all still hungry so checked out the menu at the launching pad at rocketower plaza in Tomorrowland. Dd wanted the speciality slush from here so we got her one of those, it was a grape and apple slush with a candy covered straw and actually tasted pretty good.

We also got a hotdog which came with _ bag of chips. This was $9.99 and we were expecting an average sized hotdog, unfortunately the hot dog was the size of one of the kids ones and was no way enough for Dd and DH to share so Dd had the hotdog and ate it all. DH had the crisps.

I got a sliced beef sandwich which had arugula and horseradish cream in. This also came with a bag of crisps that DH had too. This was ok, the beef wasn't great quality but there was quite a lot of it. The horseradish cream has a cream cheese taste and consistency. I probably wouldn't order it again to be honest.

After the disaster that was our lunch, we still needed something for DH so we walked across the park to Liberty square market and DH got himself a turkey leg for $11.99. These are massive and really oily but he enjoyed it.

After we were fed it was time for our fastpass for enchanted tales with belle. Dd was really hoping to be picked to be either the beast or chip and fortunately was picked to be the beast again. While we were waiting in the fastpass queue I had managed to get a fastpass for half an hour later for space mountain so after enchanted tales with belle Dd and DH headed back off to Tomorrowland to ride space mountain again while I sat in fantasyland enjoying the lovely warm day and giving DS some lunch. While sat waiting for Dd and DH to return I managed to get a fastpass for Peter Pan at 2.50pm and by the time they returned it was time for us to go on.
DH wanted to take DS on it's a small world so I managed to get a fastpass for this next, unfortunately we had a half hour wait before we could use it so DH and Dd decided to go on the liberty belle boat ride while I walked around with DS while he napped in his Pram. I decided to take this opportunity to get myself a dole whip. The queue was absolutely massive so I pulled out my phone and did a mobile order. I got a pineapple float with pineapple raspberry swirl. This was $5.99 and only took a couple of minutes to collect after ordering. To be honest the pineapple flavour is so overpowering compared to the raspberry you couldn't taste the raspberry unless it was on its own. It was nice enough though.

I went and waited at the exit of the Liberty belle for DH and Dd to come off and when they did it was now time for it's a small world. DS loved this, he was fixated on the scenes as we went through.
When we came off I asked Dd if she wanted to go and meet Cinderella and elena of avalor as I'd got us fastpasses for this next. Both of these two were great and DS especially was enjoying the attention. I think sometimes Dd was abit our out that she was the one meeting them and they have more attention to DS. While we were waiting for the princesses I'd been on the look out for a single fastpass for Dd for big thunder mountain, this is one of the favourite rides and we had t managed to do it get. Fortunately I managed to snag one for 5.15pm so by the time we walked down that way it would be time. I still had my any time multiple experience fastpass from earlier as I didn't use mine. On the way there we came across the country bear hoe down in Frontierland. There were a number of characters including brer bear, liver lips and a few others from the jamboree. Dd was taken by a cast member to dance right in the middle and DH joined in with DS. We got to big thunder mountain and it must have been having some problems as both the fastpass and standby queue were massive! It took about 15 minutes but we were finally on the ride and it was a great as ever! Dd loved it but says she prefers space mountain now.

It was getting on for dinner time now and we didn't want to spend too much time getting food so we popped into pecos bill as we could see there wasn't much of a queue. Dd got the kids cheeseburger with applesauce, a mandarin and apple juice. I got a bacon cheeseburger which came with tortilla chips. There is a fixin's bar for you to help yourself to cheese, salsa, lettuce, jalapeņos, pickles etc. I added some cheese to my tortilla chips and picked up a tray of pickles and a tray of salsa. DH and I shared the burger and it was very good! Total came to $22.

It was starting to get dark and we were undecided what to do, whether to stay or to head back to beach club. We made the decision to go over to Tomorrowland and ride the carousel of progress before leaving and getting the monorail back to the TTC. By the time we got back to beach club it was almost 8pm, we sorted out some of our packing as we knew it was going to be quite the challenge. We had brought far too many clothes with us for starters. Not knowing that the weather would be like we didn't know whether we needed clothes for colder weather or not and if so how many. We also didn't anticipate how much washing we would get done during our stay at mystic dunes. We packed up a lot of things but left essentials until morning. As we were finished as much packing as we could do we decided to head off down the Boardwalk and use our vouchers for the free goody glaciers from this morning. Dd got a fruit punch and Powerade mixed slush and the cast member behind the counter recommended her favourite combination of flavours which was blue Powerade, lemonade and lime, so I got one of those. This was absolutely delicious! I wasn't too sure about the mixture when she said but she was right! It was a taste sensation! When we left the screen door general store with out slushes one hand there was a street performer just setting up outside so we took a seat and watched. He was really silly but we enjoyed watching his show. By now we were all pretty tired and aware we had a long day ahead of us tomorrow so we headed back to beach club and called it a night.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 10 Apr 21 1:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List