Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great first day

Joan
Thanks Joan. It was fairly chilled and nice to be enjoying some rides and some shopping.

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
So lovely to read a trip report, I so miss them.
My son was the same as yours about riding coasters. More so if they went upside down. He changed his mind when on a school trip to Chessington World of Adventures when all his friends decided to ride Ramases Revenge. He couldn't loose face so went on with them. From then on he will ride anything.
Thanks for reading, fingers crossed it's not too much longer until everyone can be writing and reading current trip reports again. Are you booked for next April?

Ds is good with the rollercoasters now, we went with one of my friends in April 2019 and he just announced one day he was going on Rip Ride and that was it. He was so chuffed with himself and immediately sent Dh his ride photo, I'd have loved to have seen his face when he opened that message at work
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oooh got to love a Denny’s breakfast, I don’t like eggs either. Mako is sooo scary, you were brave to go on it! A lap bar just doesn’t feel secure enough for me.

Love the D&B bag, sounds like you all managed to do pick up some bargains. Millers is awesome- I made the mistake of ordering the zinger mountain melt once it could feed 5 people! It is sooo delicious though. What a great first day.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oooh got to love a Denny’s breakfast, I don’t like eggs either. Mako is sooo scary, you were brave to go on it! A lap bar just doesn’t feel secure enough for me.

Love the D&B bag, sounds like you all managed to do pick up some bargains. Millers is awesome- I made the mistake of ordering the zinger mountain melt once it could feed 5 people! It is sooo delicious though. What a great first day.
That server made me feel like I was the only person in the world that didn’t eat eggs so glad to see it’s not just me 😂

Mako was good though. Have you seen the new coaster at universal? That’s Lao bar only and it goes upside down.

The mountain melt was great but it’s definitely for sharing!
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

A brilliant first day I am having a sad smile at your handbag and the shrimps! I miss Millers and I feel like my handbags have only seen the back of the wardrobe lately, I have almost forgotten I ever used them.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
A brilliant first day I am having a sad smile at your handbag and the shrimps! I miss Millers and I feel like my handbags have only seen the back of the wardrobe lately, I have almost forgotten I ever used them.
Thanks. I know what you mean, it's only reading and writing trip reports that you remember all the things you miss about these kinds of holidays. I so miss shopping in general, have you been yet?

Handbags, shoes, anything fancy - no where to wear them to... Although I've been rotating the odd handbag for school.
Old 26 Apr 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks. I know what you mean, it's only reading and writing trip reports that you remember all the things you miss about these kinds of holidays. I so miss shopping in general, have you been yet?

Handbags, shoes, anything fancy - no where to wear them to... Although I've been rotating the odd handbag for school.
I haven’t really been shopping at all but I did pop into an old market town near me last week to have a quick look around the family run department store-it’s tiny but often has lovely things. It felt frustrating following the confusing arrows and I was quickly in and out. It wasn’t a pleasure to be out really, the town didn’t have its normal atmosphere it was still half shut. I did actually have a handbag with me
What is it like for you? I haven’t looked at the Scottish rules for a bit which I should because I think we might be allowed to pop back over the border now!
We were up in the Orkneys in August and other than the face masks and hand sanitiser it was the last time I felt like I could browse around the shops-to be honest that week is the most normality I have felt in a shop for well over a year
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I haven’t really been shopping at all but I did pop into an old market town near me last week to have a quick look around the family run department store-it’s tiny but often has lovely things. It felt frustrating following the confusing arrows and I was quickly in and out. It wasn’t a pleasure to be out really, the town didn’t have its normal atmosphere it was still half shut. I did actually have a handbag with me
What is it like for you? I haven’t looked at the Scottish rules for a bit which I should because I think we might be allowed to pop back over the border now!
We were up in the Orkneys in August and other than the face masks and hand sanitiser it was the last time I felt like I could browse around the shops-to be honest that week is the most normality I have felt in a shop for well over a year
Our shops opened today as did the beer gardens with alcohol, inside without. I passed the pub with a large outdoor area earlier and it looked pretty lively.
I’ve missed shopping and going out to eat but I’ll be leaving it a few weeks before doing either I think. I did go for a haircut though when they opened at the start of the month.
You can cross the border now if you fancied a wee Scottish holiday.
I know what you mean, we had one night away in a hotel in Dundee in October and that was probably my last time shopping. I’ve never been to Orkney, it always gets good reviews though, did you enjoy it?
We have a cottage booked on the west coast of Scotland in the summer, hopefully that will be able to go ahead.