Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 10 Jun 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rikki
Helping Mickey

Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf

As this is included in our Ultimate tickets and we will be doing just Disney with our 4/5 and 7 year old, is Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf worth spending a few hours at?

What are your experiences of it? Good, bad and the ugly please.

Also just out of curiousity, if we were staying off site and parked our car here to do a round of golf, could the car be left there as we walk to Holywood Studios?

Rikki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've done both of the mini-golf options and loved them both.

Courses are imaginative, good fun and well-maintained. Everything is clean and fully functional.

Despite having the free game option with tickets on numerous occasions, we never took it up. Both times we've played, we paid cash, and still felt it was good value.

You're correct that is a sneaky parking option. You can wander across the road from the golf to the Swan/Dolphin and enjoy and explore the Boardwalk area or walk to Epcot or the Studios.

The Studios is a reasonable walk for younger kids, particularly if it's hot, so you could jump on a Friendship boat at the Swan/Dolphin instead to save the legs a bit.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Fantasia Gardens minigolf is great, loads of fun, some decent challenges... some easy bits... and lovely theming...

but very, very, very little shade, so, if you are going in the summer, winter summer land is much more comfortable (and colourful and cheesy) for kids.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Am I right in thinking that you have to go before 4pm if using Ultimates? We've never actually tried the mini golf on previous visits, but think my daughter would enjoy it now she's a bit older. Would really prefer an evening though!
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
Am I right in thinking that you have to go before 4pm if using Ultimates? We've never actually tried the mini golf on previous visits, but think my daughter would enjoy it now she's a bit older. Would really prefer an evening though!
From memory I'm sure that's what the t&c's actually state, but we have never been in the afternoon. We prefer to go after dinner and although it is usually very busy, whenever we have gone expecting to pay we mentioned the Ultimate Tickets and we were allowed to play for free.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

It is before 4pm and we have seen several families using it with youngsters. We always make full use of the courses and play one a day.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

So essentially, we could park at mini golf before 4pm, play a round, then take a walk to spend an evening at Epcot? I had no idea about this free parking hack!
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
So essentially, we could park at mini golf before 4pm, play a round, then take a walk to spend an evening at Epcot? I had no idea about this free parking hack!
You might want to check the closing times - might be a bit obvious if you are still parked there two afters after it closes.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Definitely worth doing. We played minigolf free most days. If they aren’t too busy they will let you in after 4pm (but don’t count on it). If you are rained off, they will let you come back another day to play again. I’d say it will take an hour to play the if there’s 4 of you, or 1.5 hours for the fairways one.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List