Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek resort before. It is next to CBR so within Disney property but a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment is around the same cost as a normal value room.

Might be worth a look as it gives you the space of a villa but still really close to the parks, DS and easy access onto I4 to get out the US and the malls if needed.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There is no way I’d squeeze five plus an infant in a studio when I could have a five bedroom villa with pool instead especially if I had plans other than the Disney parks too .
The most important point is the location of the villa , it would need to be in one of the very close communities .
We love staying on site but love villas too, last stay was Boardwalk then a villa and we all agree lovely as BWI was and it’s one of the best locations in WDW we still preferred the villa week.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We find there are pros and cons of doing both so we do different things for different holidays. We only have one DD who is at uni though so have never been a big family squashed into a hotel room.

As there is just the 2 of us going next time we will stay on-site. DH is an HGV driver so nice for him to not have to drive. DH’s family are considering coming at the same time as us and being 8 of them in total will probably stay in a villa as there are 3 children involved and would need 4 hotel rooms.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 09:33 AM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We like a split stay, at least 7 nights onsite (usually for the perks but... ) then move to a villa. Its the perfect balance for us.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We’ve never stayed in a villa but we have done an onsite trip at Christmas 24/12 to 4/1. We chose our Disney hotels based on transport options and location and went for contemporary then beach club.

Any traffic we saw was mental. At that time of year I think location would make a massive difference to your overall experience.
Old 31 Jul 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I like to be able to walk into MK so normally choose a MK resort for part of the trip then like to be able to stroll into Epcot so do the same and choose a resort around the Boardwalk. When staying at Universal we also stay on site primarily to get express passes so again a nice stroll or boat ride to the parks. If we need to go off site we get an uber. There's only two of us so no need for a villa.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

we have never stayed onsite (I like Disney, but hubby likes the non Disney more) stayed in Hotels and Villas over a few trips, If it was just Hubby and I then Hotel would win (I may even persuade him to a Disney Hotel one day) purely based on cost but with two teenagers at home its going to be a while till it is just the two of us so planning a Villa for the next trip, when the kids were small I didn't mind a night or two sharing a room with them but if the holiday was any longer and as they have gotten bigger I like it even less!
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List