Old 17 Jul 21, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We have already booked up and paid for Easter of 2022 as we prepared for today’s disappointment. We paid for it with the money set aside for our two cancelled 2020 vacations.

As we speak, I am sorting out the refunds for this latest disaster and will use that money to book August of 2022 .. but bigger, better and hopefully a 3 weeker to take in either Seattle and down… or another peek at San Diego.

You will find Easter 2022 in my signature.. Toronto, Niagara, Orlando, Crystal River, Venice, Naples, Miami, should it interest you.
Onwards and upwards which I think is the best way we can look at things now.
I started reading your Easter 22 pre trip report yesterday and realised I’d already read it (so forgetful &#128522 and commented on it.
It sounds amazing and hope it goes ahead for you 🤞🤞
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would agree. I have had the pleasure of taking my family to the USA on 10 x Occasions and from a very young age (they are now 18 and 15). When we can once more get there makes not such a great difference, provided we keep the money quarantined and isolated.
Others have not yet had that pleasure and are watching their children grow, whilst wondering at what age they will get them there.

And CFB will they ever experience the many joys and freedoms that we and our children have over the years.
We will be taking our eldest GS with us , he’s already been disappointed twice over the past 18 months and with autism he has found it hard . I hope he can still enjoy when we finally make it 🙏
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

So sorry you've had to cancel everything again. I know how much time and effort and enjoyment you get from planning.

It's all here waiting for you.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I would agree. I have had the pleasure of taking my family to the USA on 10 x Occasions and from a very young age (they are now 18 and 15). When we can once more get there makes not such a great difference, provided we keep the money quarantined and isolated.
Others have not yet had that pleasure and are watching their children grow, whilst wondering at what age they will get them there.
Our worries are not the money but our age, we are nearly 60. In the past few years we have discovered the joys of road trips but wonder when it will become more expensive to hire a car and when will we not want to dive over there anyway?

But, in the grand scheme of things we have been very lucky to visit the USA and WDW a number of times with the children and now as a couple.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Our worries are not the money but our age, we are nearly 60. In the past few years we have discovered the joys of road trips but wonder when it will become more expensive to hire a car and when will we not want to dive over there anyway?

But, in the grand scheme of things we have been very lucky to visit the USA and WDW a number of times with the children and now as a couple.
I am the same, now being 61. Every year that I get buggered about in the perceived best interests of ‘others’, is reducing my remaining fly drives/longhauls by 10% and for the reasons stated by yourself. I only work to vacation. Otherwise I would be fully retired.

That is why I so bitterly resent every single day where my human rights are blatantly compromised in the best interests of ‘others’.

I expected Covid, carried on working in a Hospital and duly got Covid, recovered(ish) and carried on as before. Let’s be honest, time has proved that Nations have the same chance of stopping Covid as King Canute had of stopping the sea.. Just ask all those previously smug, but unvaccinated Australians.. it inevitably got in.

I treat illness and death as facts of life, hence 12 Years Army with 3 attached to the Marines (did Commando Course). 22 Years Police until retirement and now 8 years so far, dealing with often violent disorder in a Hospital. sports were Rugby, Swimming, Waterpolo, Diving (often alone), rock climbing, abseiling etc etc etc. I have never taken any steps whatever to avoid risk and have no intention of starting to. Life is for living and kicking the ≈≈≈≈ out of, rather than wringing hands, hiding and avoiding danger. I was neither in the Chess Club or the Bridge Club at school!

If I would qualify to travel by bathing in a Bath of pure Covid for an hour, then I can absolutely assure you that I would take my chances.

That is why I am so very, very angry with my lifestyle being impeded to ‘help’ others who were hiding whilst I, at 60 was rolling around with drunks and drug abusers in the Emergency Depmnt of my local Hospital. Do many other 60/61 year olds do that? 2m separation and all wearing masks? You are having a Giraffe!

Rant over!😬

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:55 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Good luck Anji, my thoughts are with you!
Gave in today in the light of Canada saying early September for fully vaccinated visitors. Have just unpicked the whole or Plan A and Plan B 3rd time next year luck I hope. Plan C is Wales road trip in September. We do have Florida road trip in February tho

I resent being robbed of years too. We're both in the concessions age group. Love driving in USA (we fight over it!) and multiple hotels etc. But for how long?
#upyourscorona

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Gave in today in the light of Canada saying early September for fully vaccinated visitors. Have just unpicked the whole or Plan A and Plan B 3rd time next year luck I hope. Plan C is Wales road trip in September. We do have Florida road trip in February tho

I resent being robbed of years too. We're both in the concessions age group. Love driving in USA (we fight over it!) and multiple hotels etc. But for how long?
#upyourscorona
Again, exactly the same. Every year that we cannot go is probability costing us 10% of our remaining longhauls.

Really sorry to hear your bad news.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Refund news update… and plan D.

10 days since our flights were cancelled……

BA Refunds for flights, seats and prem economy return now in the bank (today)

All 9 hotels, money returned within 72 hours including premier Inn.

Purple parking.. purchased with a credit and reimbursed with a credit.

Flights Hollywood-Tucson. American Airlines credit note within minutes of request. The flights will still be taking place.

Warner Bros Studios.. Full refund within a day.

Fabulous service by all concerned parties.

STILL AWAITED .

2x car hires. Both agreed, but warned that it could take up to 25 days, so not concerned.

PLAN D.

We will be booking for next October and best of all, the boys don’t want to / won’t be coming.
It will be San Francisco (2) , Monterey (2), Pismo (1), fly SL Obispo to San Diego (3), fly to Vegas (2) Grand Canyon (1), Winslow, Tucson (3) to include Tombstone… In other words it is kinda very similar, but substituting fabulous San Diego for the Los Angeles area, bypassing it completely by flying over it. The bit after that has been reversed as flights suit it better.

Fingers crossed an you can expect my pretrippie in November!

Edited at 10:51 PM.
Old 27 Jul 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Refund news update… and plan D.

10 days since our flights were cancelled……

BA Refunds for flights, seats and prem economy return now in the bank (today)

All 9 hotels, money returned within 72 hours including premier Inn.

Purple parking.. purchased with a credit and reimbursed with a credit.

Flights Hollywood-Tucson. American Airlines credit note within minutes of request. The flights will still be taking place.

Warner Bros Studios.. Full refund within a day.

Fabulous service by all concerned parties.

STILL AWAITED .

2x car hires. Both agreed, but warned that it could take up to 25 days, so not concerned.

PLAN D.

We will be booking for next October and best of all, the boys don’t want to / won’t be coming.
It will be San Francisco (2) , Monterey (2), Pismo (1), fly SL Obispo to San Diego (3), fly to Vegas (2) Grand Canyon (1), Winslow, Tucson (3) to include Tombstone… In other words it is kinda very similar, but substituting fabulous San Diego for the Los Angeles area, bypassing it completely by flying over it. The bit after that has been reversed as flights suit it better.

Fingers crossed an you can expect my pretrippie in November!
Good news re timely refunds.

I've put in for a chargeback for the Aer Lingus flights I booked via lastminute. Nothing seemed to be happening and the flights were cancelled in mid June. The other stuff has gone smoothly in terms of refunds, and we've got a full value voucher from Icelandair for our self cancelled Option B flights. We are considering using this next year for Canada, or maybe US if I stop sulking.

Edited at 11:26 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Sorry about that - think of it as more spending money for next year. 🤞 & more entertainment for Dibbers who will get to share/enjoy your new trip planning. 🙂

Thinking we might fail our Sept attempt, I had a mad moment this morning & booked Aer Lingus business flights for May 22. 😱

Im justifying the expense by dividing the price by 5 - as it will be our 5th attempt.

Mind you, if we do get to go in Sept, we’ll be eating in McD’s next May. 😂
I’m consoling myself that if ours cancel (which I’ll be amazed if they don’t) flights in Business next May to Las Vegas and Phoenix are only £200pp more flying from Dublin than our current PE from Gatwick currently.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List