Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Oct 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Great report ...love the title
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Enjoying your report so far. Thank you.

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Great report ...love the title
Thank you
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Can't believe we fly home tomorrow, we have had such a great holiday it's making me feel a bit tearful as we have no idea when we will be back but we have some amazing memories.
Just about packed and heading to HS in the morning so won't post anymore days until we are home.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 6

We woke up late again so I changed our FP for Animal Kingdom to the afternoon.
We went for breakfast around 10 a.m. and shared choc chip pancakes with bacon and swapped the drink for apple and caramel dip. This was plenty for the three of us as the pancakes are huge and really filling.

At AK the kids really wanted ice cream that we had seen on our way to Everest so after riding and we headed back and got 1 vanilla and chocolate twist soft scoop and one bugs and grubs chocolate and vanilla twist soft scoop this comes with a chocolate ladybirds and gummy worms with cookie crumbs in a green waffle cone 2xSC.

These are huge and need to be eaten very quickly as they melt and get very messy I shared some Freya's bugs and grubs.
For dinner we went to pizzafari we didn't have a booking for the family dining but there was plenty of availability so we just went straight in in with no wait. You order this at the quick service counter and then you are taken round to a table and your food is brought out to you it is served family style where you can order extra of the food that is bought out if you wish to do so. It comes with a caprese salad a Caesar salad, baked ziti fettuccine, Alfredo with chicken and a Pizza which is either cheese vegetarian or pepperoni, we went for half of a half cheese and pepperoni, the kids love pepperoni at home but said this is a lot more spicy than what they are used to you also get for dessert miniature cannolis. There is plenty of food and I can't imagine there are many people who ask for more it is 1xQSmeal for each person so for us was 3xQS.

We did really enjoy this sitting down eating and in a more relaxed manner without people looking over your shoulder waiting for you to finish so they can have your table the only downside was that their AC was freezing so we left sooner rather than later after finishing our food as we were just getting too cold.
We got some treats in Pandora to have at home rather than eaten here we got two bioluminescent jellybeans and one vein pod Krispie Treat 3xSC.
I forgot to get photos of these sorry.
On the way out of the park we got our usual from Starbucks 3xSC.
Just as we got outside of hotel room a frog jumped up and landed on Freya's face being the supportive mum I am I laughed and laughed and then spent the rest of the holiday winding her up saying that a frog was looking for his princess which is why he jumped up and landed on her mouth to get a kiss from her.
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, frog on her face!?! I would have laughed too, but I know my DD would have hated the laughing!

I've seen Pizzafari a few times recently, we've never eaten there but might have to give it a go as it does look a tasty option with the salads. I do like a caprese.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow, frog on her face!?! I would have laughed too, but I know my DD would have hated the laughing!

I've seen Pizzafari a few times recently, we've never eaten there but might have to give it a go as it does look a tasty option with the salads. I do like a caprese.
She is not happy with us laughing at her and got cross when I told some friends at dance last night.

Just remember something to cover up if you decided to go to Pizzafari so you don't get too cold.
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 7

We did 4park1day challenge, we decided to go for 1 ride, 1 photo, meet a character and something to eat or drink in each park. We also travels by bus, monorail and skyliner.
We started at MK and after our ride and photo we went to sleepy hollow, tried to get the kids to go for fruit waffle but they wanted churrio ice cream sandwich and ice water, this had been on our list of snacks to try but we were all disappointed with this, the churrio was overcooked and really hard and was not enjoyable we would not get this again. 1xSC

Next monorail over to epcot, we didn't manage to get a photopass photo here as it started chucking down and all the photographers disappeared so we did a selfie instead. After character and ride we got 2x donut from Joffreys stand and a coke
I was happy just to get 1 donut as they are huge but Zac was not sharing so had to get 2.1xQS

These were lost and would get again but definitely 1 to share.
I grabbed a teriyaki chicken bun from Japan 1xSC this was delicious and would make a trio back to Epcot just for this.

We thank got the Skyliner to HS, this was fun to ride but would advise making sure you have a drink when riding as it does get hot when it stops.
Thus is where my notes stop for the day but thankfully I remembered to take photos.
We went to Woodys lunchbox for food 3xQS for 2x grilled toast, 1 with time to soup, the soup was nice but more like a pasta sauce than soup and 1 with potato barrels and 1x turkey club with potato barrels, all of this was delicious and became the kids favourite along with mac and cheese hotdog.

Lastly onto AK where we had ice cream

We enjoyed doing the challenge but not sure it's something we would do again. Freya did suggest doing a every ride in MK challenge in a day so hopefully if we get to come back we will try that challenge.
Also I would have preferred less sugar based food on this day but Zac has additional needs and once he gets in his head that he is doing something it's easier sometimes to just run with it which is what I chose to do on holiday so that things were less stressful and we didn't get any meltdowns/shutdowns where he will then refuse to speak or do anything.
This made the holiday much more relaxed and enjoyable for all of us.
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 8

We had breakfast in the hotel this morning 1xQS of choc chip pancakes with bacon and swapped the drink for grapes, surprisingly the kids both ate some grapes this morning.

We headed off to Disney Springs for some shopping, it was really hot today and we were struggling with the heat. We went to Starbucks 3xSC for 2xcaramel frap and 1x strawberry lemonade these were all nice and much needed in the heat.

We sat down and watched the dance schools performing on the stage while drinking these.
After buying the bits we were all after we went to Ghirardelli to change up some credits for chocolate, I wish I had changed up more as the chocolate is amazing and we were left with more credits than I expected. The credits have a value of $18.72 and they will help you get the best from your credits. We swapped 2xQS for 4 bags of chocolate square (these are 3for2) and a peppermint snowman and 5 bars of chocolate thses are also 3for2.

We then went to goofys candy shop and got some treats for friends back home we got 4x crispy treats, marshmallow wand and micky cookie for 2xQS.

We headed to Hollywood Studios in the evening and went to Woody's lunch box again as the kids really enjoyed the food there. We used 3xQS for 2x grilled cheese, 1 with potato barrels and the other with macaroni salad and 1x BBQ brisket with potato barrels, we all really enjoyed this again however I preferred the turkey sandwich from yesterday but would get any of the sandwich again as they were all nice.

1xQS on 2 numnum cookies and a frozen slushy, as previously num num cookie was nice, the slushy was very sweet and a tasted a little like candy floss, not sure we would get it again as we didn't finish it.
Old 3 Nov 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I've got to actually get to Woodys lunch box next year the sandwiches do look tasty and with a side of tater tots what's not to like!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've got to actually get to Woodys lunch box next year the sandwiches do look tasty and with a side of tater tots what's not to like!
They really are tasty, I tried a bit if the kids cheese one too and that if we'd made it back again I would have ordered that. I have been asked by the kids to try and recreate it at home so we could be sick of grilled cheese soon!