Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

In the northwest and I pay £5 for 7 medium windows 2 small windows and patio doors.
They come every 2 weeks. There are 2 of them, one is very good the other is a bit half hearted so its hit and miss depending on which one does the windows.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We pay £5 per fortnight, he’s not that good but he’s the only window cleaner in the area. He only does the front windows 4 windows and 1 bay. Our house is ‘landlocked’ so no access to the rear of the property to do the other 7 we do these ourselves.
He doesn’t even clean the frames, DH said to get rid of him and we will do them ourselves.

Jane
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
We have a new house so now need to get a window cleaner.

3 small window
6 medium
1 french door

Want it done once a month.

Quote I got is £8pm and the windows are cleaned once a month.

What do you pay?
Funny enough I had someone out to give me a quote yesterday as my regular cleaner has been off sick over a year.
I have a detached 4 bedroom

5 medium windows
5 small windows
1 French door with 2 small side panels

I got quoted £16

I was paying £10 before so think this it too much,however I like using old fashion window cleaners that use ladders and not those pole cleaning systems.
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

3 big windows, 5 small windows and french doors. £11 about every 5-6 weeks. He has to climb over the garage roof to get to the back.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m been robbed I pay £25 every month.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Conservatory, 12 double windows and 3 patio doors.

Cleaned once a month for £12.50

We think they are too cheap but we aren't complaining
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I'm sure my window cleaner has been looking at this thread

Regular as clockwork every 4 weeks and today told us he was putting his prices up for the second time in 20 years

So we now to be paying £7 from next clean.

3 big( ish) windows, 5 medium , 1 small and 2 doors and yes he does clean the frames too.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

17 windows plus cleans the garage window - removes window boxes and puts them back, wipes the window sills £10 a month. Tried offering more but won’t accept it, is a little hit and miss but usually comes monthly 😄
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

7 small, 1 medium, 5 large and 2 french doors - was £15 going up to £18 So we said we’d do our own and bought a karcher to do them - now I have to nag DH to do them - wish I’d kept him on. Got to be honest he p’d me off telling me how his kids go to private school x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is a window cleaner and it’s harder than you think.
Up and down a ladder all day no matter what the weather.
Driving and trying to park without getting a ticket.
Public liability and employers liability insurance is a lot of money each year.
Trying to collect the money at night and having to keep going back because someone hasn’t got a fiver at home.
I go collecting with him some nights and by time we get home it’s nearly 10 some nights.
People moan that it’s late to collect, but he has to start and finish some where.
Leaded windows are a nightmare cause it takes longer.
They have to dodge all the stuff your dog leaves behind, while trying not to hit all of your lovely plant pots that you have dotted all over the place with their ladders.
Be thankful you can find one and keep them because who would want to do that all day.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
tylergeorgia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List