Notices

Old 29 Jun 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Here's hoping someone gets to write a new trippy soon.

Sorry Lisa for hijacking xx

I really hope we get a new trip report soon I'm almost beyond caring whether it's me that gets to go or one of you xx
I'm desperate for some new material to read! I'm like you I just want someone, ANYONE to go now so they can report back in glorious detail hopefully including lots of food photos

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve got everything crossed for you and would be over the moon for you if it went ahead.
Just hoping there’s some positive news soon🤞🤞
Old 10 Jul 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I’ve got everything crossed for you and would be over the moon for you if it went ahead.
Just hoping there’s some positive news soon🤞🤞
Thank you! I’m still clinging on!

We think if it doesn’t go ahead we’ll move to May and at least then we can go back to flying from Glasgow. We’ll also more than likely book a Disney hotel for the dining credit, maybe POFQ if we can get it. Everything is free cancellation or amendment except the Dolphin however VH have said we’d get a refund if the border is still closed. I don’t particularly want to have to use VH for our hotel next year though so will wait it out.

Besides if we moved and then could have been I’d be mad .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Thank you! I’m still clinging on!

We think if it doesn’t go ahead we’ll move to May and at least then we can go back to flying from Glasgow. We’ll also more than likely book a Disney hotel for the dining credit, maybe POFQ if we can get it. Everything is free cancellation or amendment except the Dolphin however VH have said we’d get a refund if the border is still closed. I don’t particularly want to have to use VH for our hotel next year though so will wait it out.

Besides if we moved and then could have been I’d be mad .
We waited it out too for every holiday we’ve had booked.
We haven’t cancelled or moved anything until it was definite we wouldn’t be going and had either a full refund or credit for future use apart from one company who I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back.

I wouldn’t be happy either if I moved and then could’ve gone so I think you’re doing the right thing.

We’re going 🤞🤞next May a week at Universal’s Endless Summer and a week at CSR.
Looks like there’s going to be a lot of Dibbers there next May
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We waited it out too for every holiday we’ve had booked.
We haven’t cancelled or moved anything until it was definite we wouldn’t be going and had either a full refund or credit for future use apart from one company who I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back.

I wouldn’t be happy either if I moved and then could’ve gone so I think you’re doing the right thing.

We’re going 🤞🤞next May a week at Universal’s Endless Summer and a week at CSR.
Looks like there’s going to be a lot of Dibbers there next May
Yes I’ve seen a lot of people mention May. I’d move to April but Easter is really late next year and I’d like to avoid that.
If we do end up moving I now need to decide whether to start a new thread or rename this one 😂.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes I’ve seen a lot of people mention May. I’d move to April but Easter is really late next year and I’d like to avoid that.
If we do end up moving I now need to decide whether to start a new thread or rename this one 😂.
Don’t think there will be any room in the parks for anyone else there’s that many Dibber going 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 next May.
Whatever you do I’ll be following along with you
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well we’ve had to pay the balance on the Dolphin to Virgin today (it was due tomorrow). Couldn’t take the chance not paying as I still have a little hope we can go. Plus I think we’d have lost the deposit. I have to just hope that if we can’t get into the country a refund will not be an issue.

Trip Report Index
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lisa,

I really hope you get to go. I'd love to know you're out there having fun. We had to sack off Orlando in August and are now in Jamaica. Its not the same but we are having a great time.

I can't wait to see the first dibber out in Orlando x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Lisa,

I really hope you get to go. I'd love to know you're out there having fun. We had to sack off Orlando in August and are now in Jamaica. Its not the same but we are having a great time.

I can't wait to see the first dibber out in Orlando x
I’m sure Jamaica is a decent runner up . For me it’s Florida or nothing so if we have it cancelled I’ll move to next year and take 2 weeks off in September to do nothing!

Have a fabulous time!

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Aug 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I know this was going to positive only posts but it’s looking less and less likely that we’ll be going. VA have taken our flight off sale which we all now is a precursor to cancellation. Annoyingly the day before and day after are still available so not sure what that means. I’m not sure what we’ll do if they offer to move us either side as I expect those to be cancelled too .

Anyway, if it does get cancelled I’ve decided rather than start a new thread I’ll just update the title of this one as this is all part of the pre-trip report for any rescheduled trip. Currently thinking we’ll move to the end of April, after Easter and maybe use the extra time to save a bit more and go for AKL or a 2 bed villa at SSR (or OKW but not available at the moment).

I just wish we knew and could get planning for next year!

Trip Report Index