Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 May 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

We visited with a mix of people, some heavily into Space, some not so engaged, and the space nuts definitely loved it, and even the more reticent members of the party found parts to enjoy.

However, it is a lot of walking and watching/listening, so it may not suit everyone.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We went when DS was 7 and really interested and DD was only 4. I was in the ‘disinterested but would give it a go’ group. Despite us worrying if it would be too long and boring for her, she loved it and still remembers it 12 yrs on. Don’t get me wrong, she did struggle a couple of times (there were only so many spacesuits she could take!) but she was easily distracted. I loved it, although I still don’t believe they landed on the moon in that thing that was basically covered in Quality Street wrappers.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

We went to KSC in 2019 and we all loved it, even DH who wasn’t really into space (he is now &#128516 We spent the whole day there and still didn’t see it all. We will definitely be visiting again next year.
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A different view, we went when the kids were younger ( guessing about 10&12) as my husband loves anything to do with space. Myself and both kids were bored witless, a day of my life I will never get back.

The only way to stop the kids moaning was pointing out that if Dad didn’t see everything we might have to come back.

A few years ago we went to a Houston, I stopped at the hotel and my husband went with some friends.

I have absolutely zero interest in space and so for me, it was an endurance test.

😳
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

To be honest I was dreading going, but it was ok, not amazing, but more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Seeing a real life shuttle is well worth it, there a simulated ride, and the bus tour is actually quite interesting. I would go, you only live once!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've personally visited twice and loved it, but last time out (2017) we dragged our then 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter along, and they both hated it, and to this day when planning future trips are adamant they don't want to go back.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If there’s a lot of listening does anyone think it would
Be suitable for a nearly 9 year old autistic child that’s non verbal?
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We went in 2015. I am hugely into space so was really looking forward to it, maybe my expectations were too high because I found it a massive disappointment. We had seen everything and were ready to go by lunchtime, the place was practically empty which I think helped us get round quickly but anyway we definitely won’t be back.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We went in 2015. I am hugely into space so was really looking forward to it, maybe my expectations were too high because I found it a massive disappointment. We had seen everything and were ready to go by lunchtime, the place was practically empty which I think helped us get round quickly but anyway we definitely won’t be back.
What were you expecting, exactly? I don’t honestly know what else they could fit into it ?
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
What were you expecting, exactly? I don’t honestly know what else they could fit into it ?
I was expecting a full day of discovery and learning and to gain fascinating insights into space exploration. It isn’t as simple as what else they can fit in, it is about how they fit it in and what I learn from it that matters to me. On these fronts, as I say I was very disappointed having a keen interest in the topic and after years of wanting to go here.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List