Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Day 8

Day 8- Magic Kingdom and some brilliant pixie dust!- 28th Feb 19
Faith, trust and pixie dust!

I was worried about Mum, but she seemed fine in the morning. Neither of us wanted to waste our last day so we were off to Magic Kingdom via monorail for yet another ride on Seven Dwards Mine Train. If I didn’t know any better I would say that’s her favourite ride.

Afterwards we were over to Fantasyland for a ride on Peter Pan, followed by Big Thunder which is MY favourite ride and Splash Mountain.

We had the unfortunate timing to be going round the corner as a log headed down the final drop and got drenched. Thank goodness for ponchos!

Then we decided to try Country Bears for the first time. That’s 20 minutes we’re never getting back. Neither of us knew what to make of the blood on the saddle song and it was all a bit weird. I know it’s classic Disney and everything, but now I’ve done it I don’t need to see that show ever again.

Winnie The Pooh is a bear I don’t mind seeing and the ride was as sweet as ever (although I always shudder at the 20 different strains of bacteria the honey wall must have) as we cut through Fantasyland towards our lunch ADR at the Plaza, by way of the whatever they call it dance party parade thing.

They were late seating us and I felt quite overheated and dehydrated by the time we were eventually lead into a table. We then proceeded to wait what felt like an age to be served and to receive our food. However, Mum really enjoyed her strawberry salad and I enjoyed my cheeseburger. I had been craving one for a couple of days, but not enough to eat a QS burger which are usually dry and horrible.

After lunch we stopped to enjoy the Festival Of Fantasy parade which is always adorable, although it was absurdly hot that day and even waiting 15 minutes on Main Street was difficult.

So after the parade we filtered out back to the resort, where I FINALLY got my pina colava, refreshing and delicious as always and we had some much-needed Butterfinger ice cream and rest in our room.

I noticed that for the price of a single ice cream bar in the parks, you could get a tub in the resort gift shop which fed both of us quite happily. You can get packs of biscuits like Oreos etc for a snack credit too, which is a really good deal and especially if you plan to visit other non-Disney theme parks.

Throughout the last few days we had this thing about these one particular types of biscuits called Nutterbutters, they’re this peanut butter biscuit and apparently Mum had seen an advert for them the very first time she had visited way back in 1974. So when she saw them for sale in our gift shop, she got all excited, and kind of started a running joke with them. They’re really nice though! I eventually found the original advert on Youtube to her delight. Anyway…

We kind of chilled out in our room and started planning how to spend our last evening.

Mum wanted to relax and I wanted to go back out to a park but they all closed pretty early for one reason or another. I decided eventually to go resort exploring and was all set to do that until we got a phone call…

It was a manager checking up on Mum. She wanted to check she was alright and still enjoying herself after her accident. It was self inflicted and not at all Disney’s fault, so what she then offered us gave us both a huge surprise. We were only offered tickets for that evening’s Disney After Hours at MK! HUGE pixie dust considering they’re over $100 each. We both very gratefully accepted and went to enjoy the event.

We saw Happily Ever After one last time, this time nice and clearly, not through a layer of fog, went on Buzz 3 times, ate lots of popcorn and ice cream, very much enjoyed the free drinks and then rode the Little Mermaid ride, saw Philarmagic and of course, enjoyed yet another ride on Mine Train. We also did Haunted Mansion, and it was only about 3 of us in the stretching room so the CM decided to really get into her role by coming up behind us and making us really jump, it was hilarious. I’m sure at one point we also got the Tangled lantern shot too.

Finally, after one last ride of Pirates we were leaving the park for that last, sad walk down Main Street and taking our traditional last evening sad photos waving goodbye to the castle.

Very sad for me as I wouldn’t be back until 2021. Boo hoo! We got the bus back to the resort as the resort monorail wasn’t running and after picking up our magical express transport notice (Disney hatemail!), we began to pack before going to bed.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day glad your Mum was ok today! And what a great gesture from Disney

Joan