Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Carer ticket discount

Hi guys heading to Dlp in July (hopefully) and booked via a 3rd party.

sent them my details for the free carer ticket and im not sure the amount is correct we are going for 4 night 5 days and the difference is £149.06 ?

ive looked back on some other threads on here and this doesn't add up right has anyone used this recently that can give me a comparable as Dlp phone line isnt on today x
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Last year for 3 nights I got £184. But this year Magic Breaks told me that it doesn't get taken off until 2 weeks before, and I have to pay the full amount, then they'll refund me what Disney decide the discount is. They said it's Disney's new policy... I booked in November, for this November. X

Edit: Contacting DLP direct might be a good idea, as the third party could be shorting you, and you'd never know. My discount last time was done with WDTC. X

Edited at 05:46 AM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m supposed to be getting something, but I had to pay the full balance on 2 May, so I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens. We’re supposed to be there 1- 5 July.🤞
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I’m supposed to be getting something, but I had to pay the full balance on 2 May, so I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens. We’re supposed to be there 1- 5 July.🤞
I’ve finally had an updated invoice for a free carer ticket £214, but I’ve already paid in full. I don’t suppose anybody knows how I get that back. It doesn’t say on the invoice.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

We have a booking for December this year and have been told that the portion of the booking will be refunded once the full balance has been paid (30 days before travel) Seems strange but I have the email from DLP should there be an issue.

It would be useful to know how much that will be as at the moment have no idea. We are 3 nights / 4 park days in Newport Beach 2 adults and 2 children. The carers ticket will cover one of the adult tickets as the carer is needed for my son. Our total for the break is £800 - any ideas the cost of one of the tickets that would be removed? Seems overly complicated :-(.

I was given this address to email if that helps - dlp.rc.freecarer@disneylandparis.com

The email I got back was as follows:

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail, and we confirm reception of all official documents required to apply one Carer complimentary ticket refund to your reservation.

Upon verification, we can confirm that the documents are indeed valid. Therefore, you will receive an updated confirmation letter showing the new full amount of your booking, including the applied reduction, 30 days before the arrival.

The amount will be deducted from your balance or if you pay the total amount in advance, the refund to be processed on the original mean of payment.

During your visit, please present your documents to the reception of your hotel to apply for your Priority Card.

As always, grateful to be able to use this facility but some clarity would be good to allow for budgeting and also to ensure I don't forget to check its applied.
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkstarburst View Post
We have a booking for December this year and have been told that the portion of the booking will be refunded once the full balance has been paid (30 days before travel) Seems strange but I have the email from DLP should there be an issue.

It would be useful to know how much that will be as at the moment have no idea. We are 3 nights / 4 park days in Newport Beach 2 adults and 2 children. The carers ticket will cover one of the adult tickets as the carer is needed for my son. Our total for the break is £800 - any ideas the cost of one of the tickets that would be removed? Seems overly complicated :-(.

I was given this address to email if that helps - dlp.rc.freecarer@disneylandparis.com

The email I got back was as follows:

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail, and we confirm reception of all official documents required to apply one Carer complimentary ticket refund to your reservation.

Upon verification, we can confirm that the documents are indeed valid. Therefore, you will receive an updated confirmation letter showing the new full amount of your booking, including the applied reduction, 30 days before the arrival.

The amount will be deducted from your balance or if you pay the total amount in advance, the refund to be processed on the original mean of payment.

During your visit, please present your documents to the reception of your hotel to apply for your Priority Card.

As always, grateful to be able to use this facility but some clarity would be good to allow for budgeting and also to ensure I don't forget to check its applied.
We’ll we’re 4 nights/5 days at Newport Beach and I’m getting £214 back for the Carers ticket for my adult son. I just don’t know how I get it back. I paid in full on 2 May for 1-5 July. Though at this point it’s not looking likely that we’ll be going.
Old 8 Jun 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
We’ll we’re 4 nights/5 days at Newport Beach and I’m getting £214 back for the Carers ticket for my adult son. I just don’t know how I get it back. I paid in full on 2 May for 1-5 July. Though at this point it’s not looking likely that we’ll be going.
Thats helpful, thanks. Sounds like I should get similar back.

Looking at the email they sent me it should be a refund to the original payment method. Might be worth chasing up with Disney directly.
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

thanks for this, I was under the impression that because you book the package you lose the free carer ticket and you have to queue up every day anyway if you wanted it; going to be all over this next time we go.
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
thanks for this, I was under the impression that because you book the package you lose the free carer ticket and you have to queue up every day anyway if you wanted it; going to be all over this next time we go.
When we went in 2019 and booked through Magic Breaks we got about £185ish back (can't find the invoice) and when we queued at town hall for the queues we got the priority pass for every day and didnt have to queue at town Hall every day...
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

They do the access passes in the hotel now. I believe reception can do them, but I was directed to the concierge in 2019, I'm assuming that was because reception was busy. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List