Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Jun 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
wasp23
I want to go now!

Disney Annual Pass

we are looking at going to orlando in 2023, I just wondered if one person purchased the annual pass and the remainder of the family purchased 14 day tickets, would that allow for free parking in the disney parks.

Thank you.
wasp23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Yes you only need one but obviously check the cost VS savings and there are several levels so you need one that has free parking and check blackout dates etc.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes it does, they only need to see one ticket on parking entry. Although I wouldn't do it just for free parking, as you won't offset the cost of an annual pass on a two week trip alone.

Also note APs can't currently be purchased - not sure when they will be reinstated.

ETA: If staying off-site, also consider the drawbacks of an AP over regular tickets. The main one at the moment is with park reservations, which are expected to continue running through next year but may be permanent. Currently AP holders can only reserve 3 days at a time unless they have an on-site booking which then adds length of stay to this. So your AP holder will be booking most of their stay at the last minute and not necessarily be able to get into the park the rest of you have booked.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
wasp23
I want to go now!

Thank you so much for all your help. I really hope it goes back to pre Covid rules by 2023, but maybe I’m being naive.

Once again, thank you.
wasp23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Yes you only need one but obviously check the cost VS savings and there are several levels so you need one that has free parking and check blackout dates etc.
For most UK visitors there are no blackout dates on APs. Blackout dates apply to certain Florida resident and DVC APs only such as the silver and gold passes.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Really hope these do come available again soon. As looking to get them for our December visit as we plan to do back in May 2022 also and these would save us so much more.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by wasp23 View Post
Thank you so much for all your help. I really hope it goes back to pre Covid rules by 2023, but maybe I’m being naive.

Once again, thank you.
There was a discussion about APs on the YouTube the other night- current thinking is that they will return but be very very expensive
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
There was a discussion about APs on the YouTube the other night- current thinking is that they will return but be very very expensive
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by HerculesTiger View Post
Here is the YouTube clip. If it doesn't play go on to YouTube and search for "moving to orlando" . I hope that is allowed !

Edited at 12:38 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
For most UK visitors there are no blackout dates on APs. Blackout dates apply to certain Florida resident and DVC APs only such as the silver and gold passes.
There were UK APs?!