Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jul 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Things change , Disney announced a lot of these change pre pandemic to reduce crowds etc so it’s not surprising if I’m honest .
As far as I'm aware, none of these changes (by which I mean the removal of morning/evening EMH and replacement by early park entry for all onsite guests and extended evening entry for deluxe guests) were announced by Disney pre-pandemic. They've only been announced in the last 6 months or so.

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that Disney is still providing onsite guests some perks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As far as I'm aware, none of these changes (by which I mean the removal of morning/evening EMH and replacement by early park entry for all onsite guests and extended evening entry for deluxe guests) were announced by Disney pre-pandemic. They've only been announced in the last 6 months or so.

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that Disney is still providing onsite guests some perks.
You are right this wasn’t announced pre pandemic. They removed the EMH for crowd measures - understandable. I get it, pay more, get more but prior to covid everyone onsite could benefit from the extra hours that’s what leaves a bad taste. It reflects badly on them as a brand imo 🤷🏻
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MamatoFelix View Post
You are right this wasn’t announced pre pandemic. They removed the EMH for crowd measures - understandable. I get it, pay more, get more but prior to covid everyone onsite could benefit from the extra hours that’s what leaves a bad taste. It reflects badly on them as a brand imo 🤷🏻
Oh, I agree (the last line of my comment was said somewhat sarcastically).

Disney has removed evening EMH for all onsite guests and it sounds like they are replacing it with something similar for deluxe guests. That means moderate and value guests lose out and they are worse off than they were pre-pandemic.

The thing is, I suspect the vast majority of people will still go to their parks and will still stay at their hotels. It won't put people off going. It'll only leave a bad taste in the mouth of a relatively small number of online posters (and probably only for a few weeks/months until Disney announces something new). Instead, it might tempt some people to stay at a deluxe resort rather than a moderate resort in order to get evening EMH. That will make Disney a bit more money.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Not great for us,we preferred the evening magic hours. I just cancelled my august trip and asked them if I could book a split stay, week one at Pop and week 2 at AK. I was told I would only get dining credit for week one so I didn’t bother, just went for 2 weeks at pop. They could have had an extra Ł1600 out of me if they had let me book a split.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

This absolutely sucks. 18 months ago perks were for everyone staying onsite. Not only have they taken away daily housekeeping they've now made mods and value resort guests 2nd class citizens!
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I don't find this very inclusive of Disney. There's 100's of people who pay to get to Disney World, not everyone has the luxury to stay on site, let alone in a Deluxe resort. Now those who can stretch to Value or Moderate are now being excluded for the "elite" of those staying in a Deluxe. Next year is my first time staying off site since 2008, and quite frankly glad I am not shelling out for a Disney Hotel given all of their changes. Even the Dining credit is not available on my dates.

I am becoming more disillusioned with Disney and their direction and what they have implemented and Covid allowing them this opportunity and simply riding the wave of people simply being grateful of being allowed back. I can feel future holidays focusing more on US/IOA.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
I don't find this very inclusive of Disney. There's 100's of people who pay to get to Disney World, not everyone has the luxury to stay on site, let alone in a Deluxe resort. Now those who can stretch to Value or Moderate are now being excluded for the "elite" of those staying in a Deluxe. Next year is my first time staying off site since 2008, and quite frankly glad I am not shelling out for a Disney Hotel given all of their changes. Even the Dining credit is not available on my dates.

I am becoming more disillusioned with Disney and their direction and what they have implemented and Covid allowing them this opportunity and simply riding the wave of people simply being grateful of being allowed back. I can feel future holidays focusing more on US/IOA.
Do you mind me asking what are your thoughts on Universal hotel perks? For example the perks for the premium hotels compared to the remainder onsite hotels and then also for people staying offsite?

Just curious why disillusioned with Disney and not mention the elitism at Universal…
Old 1 Jul 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Do you mind me asking what are your thoughts on Universal hotel perks? For example the perks for the premium hotels compared to the remainder onsite hotels and then also for people staying offsite?

Just curious why disillusioned with Disney and not mention the elitism at Universal…
I know this wasn't directed at me but...

From what I've been reading, Universal has only ever offered the perks for their deluxe hotels - the value hotels didn't exist when this was introduced and was never extended to them once they opened. Most of the upset with Disney at the moment is this was previously a resort-wide benefit for many years which will now be limited to deluxe only. And that feels like a slap in the face to loyal but non-deluxe guests.

I think if it was a brand new benefit introduced for deluxe level only, there wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

Edited at 10:19 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I know this wasn't directed at me but...

From what I've been reading, Universal has only ever offered the perks for their deluxe hotels - the value hotels didn't exist when this was introduced and was never extended to them once they opened. Most of the upset with Disney at the moment is this was previously a resort-wide benefit for many years which will now be limited to deluxe only. And that feels like a slap in the face to loyal but non-deluxe guests.

I think if it was a brand new benefit introduced for deluxe level only, there wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.
Thanks for answering and great to understand what people think and how they compare Disney and Universal.

My personal thoughts are there is no difference and if you want the ‘best’ (all subjective) perks you have to pay for it…. Deluxe hotel in Disney, Premium hotel in universal. Is it fair…. Probably not.

Next year is the 3rd time only we have booked a deluxe resort, but don’t expect we will be making use of the extended evening hours with 2 little ones.
Old 1 Jul 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thanks for answering and great to understand what people think and how they compare Disney and Universal.

My personal thoughts are there is no difference and if you want the ‘best’ (all subjective) perks you have to pay for it…. Deluxe hotel in Disney, Premium hotel in universal. Is it fair…. Probably not.

Next year is the 3rd time only we have booked a deluxe resort, but don’t expect we will be making use of the extended evening hours with 2 little ones.
I personally don't have an issue with deluxe getting more. Honestly, for anyone paying rack for those rooms, they deserve some perks.

Disney have been slowly cost-cutting and monetising everything over the years. But I think this is the first previously free benefit which now effectively has a huge price sticker attached. I'm not counting parking since all non-DVC guests have to pay that, and it's a fairly low fee all things considered.

Basically as a value/mod guest, if EEMH were important, you'd now need to pay 2-3x the room price to get something that used to be free. At Disney prices (UOR is much cheaper), that is a huge ask - especially on longer stays, you're talking thousands more. So I can see why people are upset about it.

ETA: This is also the first very visible sign of the tiered business model they clearly want to move towards. Disney has always been pay more to get more, but it was a lot more subtle. I doubt the average guest has even heard of things like Club 33. But they felt treated the same whether they were at an All Star or the Grand. Sure, the deluxe room was nicer (subjectively) but the benefits were for everyone. And that magic is gone now, replaced with dollar signs.

Edited at 11:47 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List