Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jul 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I think the difference between the universal express pass and Disney, is that yes you get it free if staying at a premier resort, but you can buy one for something like 120$ a day even if you are staying at some flea pit motel off site. The premier resort price is about the cost of the pass plus hotel , so theirs isnt so much as a "class" system , which makes it less of a bad taste.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I think the difference between the universal express pass and Disney, is that yes you get it free if staying at a premier resort, but you can buy one for something like 120$ a day even if you are staying at some flea pit motel off site. The premier resort price is about the cost of the pass plus hotel , so theirs isnt so much as a "class" system , which makes it less of a bad taste.
You can also pay for special ticketed events @ Disney for after or before normal park hours with limited capacity, no matter where you stay!

At least pre-covid and I see them starting to filter through now things are being released again!
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
The words ‘value and moderate’ make people thing ‘cheap and really cheap’ and ‘deluxe’ people think ‘expensive’, therefore Disney have decided that the cheap seats don’t get as much?
Well, erm, yes. That's how most of the world works. Certainly that's how a country that uses money to buy things works. You pay less, you get less (usually).

Pay to upgrade to first class on a plane and you'll get additional perks that those in the cheap seats won't get. Pay for a better trim level of car and you'll get additional things that those who buy the cheaper trim level won't get.

Disney is no different. It never has been. It's a business. You pay more, you get more.

Have Disney honestly thought of all us international guests who have to pay a whole lot more to get there?
How much it costs international or domestic guests to get there is none of Disney's concern. They don't run the airlines that fly people there. They can't set the price of how much it costs folk to get to their parks - they can only control the price of their hotels and tickets.

As long as enough people are paying to stay at their hotels and enter their parks so that they make a profit then that's really all they are bothered about. They aren't that concerned about where they come from.

The UK arm of Disney's travel company will be bothered about getting more UK guests to the Disney parks. But then it's up to the UK part of WDTC to offer incentives to UK guests to get them to book an onsite stay.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
As miked1e says, anyone can pay extra for extra evening hours in the parks. Disney is offering the After Hours tickets for anyone to buy - offsite or onsite - which is similar, but better, than this perk that deluxe guests get.

So, there's no difference.

I suspect it would be cheaper to stay at a value resort and buy some After Hours tickets than it would be to pay to stay at a deluxe resort and get the extended evening hours included.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

I remember last year a person in a senior roll resigned from the corporation because they didn’t like the direction the business was going, and I remember them saying Disney was losing its magic! But I can’t find the article anywhere!
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
The perks should be like it use to be with the free dinning plan options.
I find it strange no one used to complain that those staying at a deluxe resort used to be able to get free DDP whereas those staying at a value resort didn't. That wasn't very inclusive either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As miked1e says, anyone can pay extra for extra evening hours in the parks. Disney is offering the After Hours tickets for anyone to buy - offsite or onsite - which is similar, but better, than this perk that deluxe guests get.

I suspect it would be cheaper to stay at a value resort and buy some After Hours tickets than it would be to pay to stay at a deluxe resort and get the extended evening hours included.
Most definitely would save us thousands to do it via after hours events than what we’re paying for a deluxe next year 😆
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I remember last year a person in a senior roll resigned from the corporation because they didn’t like the direction the business was going, and I remember them saying Disney was losing its magic! But I can’t find the article anywhere!
I think that's the problem. People think Disney has "magic". Magic doesn't exist. There is no pixie dust. It's all marketing fluff to make you think Disney is amazing.

As it has always been, Disney World is a business that exists to make profit by attracting people to spend money visiting it's parks and staying at its hotels. That's it's "magic". Every year people say Disney is losing it's magic and yet every year the number of visitors to the parks keeps on increasing and the parks get busier*. If anything, it's gaining more "magic", it's just that that magic might be aimed more at newer guests at the expense of a few older guests who have become somewhat disenchanted because it's not like the old days and they don't get the same things like they used to get.

(* well, apart from last year and the first half of this year due to the pandemic)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

I find it strange no one used to complain that those staying at a deluxe resort used to be able to get free DDP whereas those staying at a value resort didn't. That wasn't very inclusive either.
We stayed at Pop in 2004 and got free DDP inc gratuities.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

On my dates, values start at £150/night. Deluxes start at £426/night. Currently only have Boo Bash prices, but they start at around £100/ticket. So for smaller groups on cash rates, yes. If you have 4 in a room though, you could stay value and book a throwaway deluxe on the night of EMH and come in around the same price. Less if you're prepared to move resorts for just that night. But if you start looking at points rental, it becomes a bargain because the lowest studios (e.g. BWI) are about £130/night on those dates.

Although it will depend how long the new EEMH is for. If they go back to the old 3 hours, then it's a comparable experience to AH. But if it's reduced to 1 hour (which wouldn't surprise me) you won't even have regular guests out of the headliner queues before it's over and not worth the extra cost.

Sidenote - that's the first time I've seen rental prices below a value when I've done cost comparisons. If you are prepared to rent, there's now very little reason to pay cash rates at any level. But I think this may push prices up significantly, especially if they continue tiering benefits.

Edited at 10:48 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List