Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jul 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
update Afternoon tea at home

Going to do a small afternoon tea for my fil 81st birthday in the garden, I’ve orderd a platter of sandwiches, cream and jam scones and a chocolate birthday cake from Morrison’s. What else would you do? What would make it extra special?

Update post 35

Edited at 10:25 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Going to do a small afternoon tea for my fil 81st birthday in the garden, I’ve orderd a platter of sandwiches, cream and jam scones and a chocolate birthday cake from Morrison’s. What else would you do? What would make it extra special?
We recently had one of those igloos set up. It made a really nice change and my mum loved it ❤

Edited at 06:10 PM.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I did an afternoon tea for my best friends birthday a few weeks ago in the garden. I did sandwiches, home made sausage rolls (really easy... good quality sausage meat, add salt pepper and nutmeg, then form a sausage shape and roll in ready made puff pastry sheet then bake), scones with jam and cornish clotted cream, home made brownies, carrot cake, lemon cup cakes, raspberry and white chocolate blondies and chocolate strawberries.

ETA: we also had lots of prosecco and a jug of mojito.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have a local patisserie? Petit fours are great to finish up with and always look beautiful.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

A small goody bag for everyone? A card with 81 things about your father-in-law e.g. likes eating fish, can sometimes be funny, can be grumpy, doesn’t like the colour green, likes a bubble bath or whatever. Get others to help fill it in with all the family knowledge/history.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Scotch eggs or quiche 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It all sounds lovely and if you wanted to, you could add maybe some mini sausage rolls/quiches and some mini dessert bites. I saw this super cute cake stand that would be lovely for an outdoor party - it’s Alice in Wonderland themed.

talkingtables/prod...iABEgLbE_D_BwE

They seem to have lots of other love party bits and pieces to compliment this on the website too. I hope you all have a wonderful time.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
A small goody bag for everyone? A card with 81 things about your father-in-law e.g. likes eating fish, can sometimes be funny, can be grumpy, doesn’t like the colour green, likes a bubble bath or whatever. Get others to help fill it in with all the family knowledge/history.
He has Alzheimer’s so I don’t think he’d Remember 81 things, but that is a good idea x
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

What about getting him a lady to come and give him an all over body massage (they usually advertise in public phone boxes)?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

That’s a shame - I know what you mean though. He probably wouldn’t understand it as I know my MIL wouldn’t have.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List