Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

New fast pass, early entry, extended hours... what the heck?

I’m feeling totally confused about what me and my family will be to access next year at Disney world.

We’re staying at the Beach Club for 5 nights but will have the 14 day tickets so will return once we’re at the villa.

Please can someone explain very clever (in a Dibbing kind of way) exactly what we get?

Tia.
Old 5 Jul 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

At the moment, this is what we know...

Early Entry
30 minutes early entry to all 4 parks every day available to all Disney resort guests, and guests of other select resorts (most likely the partner hotels, but full list has not yet been confirmed) - this will start for the 50th in October.

Evening Extra Magic Hours
Available to Disney deluxe and DVC guests only, to select parks on select dates. Nothing more has been confirmed at this stage but if it is like the old EEMH, it may be up to two hours after closing once per week per park. AK likely excluded.

Both of the above are at select attractions, so may not include the whole park.

Fast Pass
These are rumours only. Nothing confirmed.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As above. ^

Early Entry for all onsite guests has been confirmed, but doesn't start until October. So we'll have to wait and see how useful this is.

Extended Evening Hours has also been announced to start in October (I think). But the details are vague at the moment. Disney said they will release more details later. You should get this during your stay at the Beach Club.

No one knows anything about any new fastpass system yet. It's all speculation, rumour, hints, and suggestions. We'll have to wait a while to find out what that's all about. There may not be any changes at all, or there may be a completely different system that you have to pay for. Or anything inbetween.

Disney Magical Express is ending this year. You'll no longer be able to get a free bus from Orlando airport to the Disney resort from the beginning of next year. Mears is providing a replacement service but you'll have to pay extra for that.

You don't get free Magic Bands with an onsite stay any more. That was announced a while back. It looks like Disney is trying to get people to use the app more to open their door, tap to enter the parks and stuff like that. You can still buy MagicBands though.

There may be other changes coming along in the next 6 months in addition to these. I'd wait until nearer your holiday to find out what exactly you'll be getting (and/or not getting).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:40 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks o wise ones!

I’ve never been to extra evening hours as I’ve never stayed onsite before.

Rookie question, if the parks are already full do they forcibly remove all those not staying at a Deluxe ?. 😂😂 I don’t understand how it works.
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Thanks o wise ones!

Rookie question, if the parks are already full do they forcibly remove all those not staying at a Deluxe ?. 😂😂 I don’t understand how it works.
They don't/can't remove them, but they check bands at the ride entrances and they're turned away, so they can't ride anything.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, they'll just turn away any non guest from entering the queue after closing. But non guests can enter any queue right up until the second before that, so you might still have some long waits at the headliners even in "deluxe only" hours.

They also don't tend to sweep (remove) guests from the park immediately from closing either, so you'll still have a lot of people in the common areas. Especially if it was a relatively early closing time like 9 or 10pm.

I've been known to stay on Main Street until I see the sweepers. It's my favourite time.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Don’t forget to book your park days , these are currently bookable up to 2023 and you have to attend that park first before park hopping .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Even though I've stayed onsite twice, I don't think I've ever done the old evening EMH either. Only the morning ones.

They don't forcibly remove you but I think there's a bit of gentle persuasion to get the other guests out of the park. Also, as mentioned, they only let those who are entitled to the extra evening hours into the ride queue. Offsite guests and the like won't be allowed to enter the queue.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks all.

As we’ll only be staying for 5 nights it will be Sod’s law that the extended evening hours won’t fall during our stay 😂
Old 8 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

lots of rumours about FP at the moment, and to be honest I don’t like any of them 😢 Lots of unhappy customers all over multiple boards 😢
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List