Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

For the amount that a 5 day trip to Paris will end up costing, families are better going to Florida for 2 weeks to get more value for money and more content (even though that is getting extortionate too). Only go to dlp for a wee taste of Disney but won’t be going back if this is the path it’s heading down. Absolutely outrageous and apparently €8 is for off peak times, it’s €15 for peak times which many families are restricted too. Disgusting!
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
For the amount that a 5 day trip to Paris will end up costing, families are better going to Florida for 2 weeks to get more value for money and more content (even though that is getting extortionate too). Only go to dlp for a wee taste of Disney but won’t be going back if this is the path it’s heading down. Absolutely outrageous and apparently €8 is for off peak times, it’s €15 for peak times which many families are restricted too. Disgusting!
This is exactly going to my OH's thinking too... I'm not sure I will be able to convince him to do DLP now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

This is absolutely disappointing, no denying that - although not massively surprising.

I guess this will all come down to how much of a boost the standby line gets with no free fastpass and how many of these paid ones they will allocate.

For example pre-covid a ride like Peter Pan pretty much loaded 50% from standby and 50% from fastpass. So if you remove that fastpass then the standby queue should move twice as fast, making a 60min wait 30min etc.

The demand for these paid passes will be lower than the free version, simply because most people won't be prepared to pay for them, therefore if they only take up say 10% of the capacity of the ride, that still means standby will move 40% faster than it did before.

It will all become clear soon I guess, but it might be that with no free fastpasses the need for any fastpass for most guests will reduce anyway, so it won't be as much of an issue as we might initially fear.

It sure will change how we plan trips though, its certainly all changing.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Apparently Shanghai do the same.

To be honest if you are onsite and use EMT you can do Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain as walk-ons. And then Ratatouille as a walk on or 5 min single rider the next morning, and ToT with a 15 minute queue if you time it right.

We rarely need to use FPs at all in DLP.

Don’t get me wrong though, I think this is a terrible idea.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At Blackpool pleasure Beach if you buy the none rider wristband you can pay to go on rides. Wallace and Gromit costs a Tenner, so I guess it is slightly cheaper than that.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Oh wow I didn’t know this was even happening. Sad times.☹️

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
At Blackpool pleasure Beach if you buy the none rider wristband you can pay to go on rides. Wallace and Gromit costs a Tenner, so I guess it is slightly cheaper than that.
In terms of price this is very much in line with Alton Towers. A one time fastrack ticket for one of their big rides such as Nemesis, Oblivion or Galactica is £8pp.

However my suspicion is that Disney will not sell these to the levels that Alton Towers do in order to not impact the regular queue as much. But I could be horribly wrong!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Unfortunately I booked for last year, I think its been changed 5 times now. I am treating my great niece, niece and my sis-in-law. We only going for 2 nights as she's only 5 and I think she will be overwhelmed with it all. Also we are going just before xmas 🙏. We won't be bothering with fast pass though 😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I've read another article which implies that there will be a free standby pass still which appears to be a virtual queue.
Old 6 Jul 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I've read another article which implies that there will be a free standby pass still which appears to be a virtual queue.
The stand by pass is something they introduced during covid to minimise the amount of people waiting in one place. You would still queue for the ride, its just partly a virtual queue so for example, half an hour virtual then half an hour physical. I understand this logic though, more people waiting virtually mean more people potentially spending money elsewhere. I do wonder if this will give us the chance to actually get on Crush's coaster. The wait times for that are usually longer than we are willing to wait.

There's only two rides where we would maybe (BIG MAYBE) pay for the fastpass and that would depend on how busy the parks are. There is one ride we would definitely pay for fastpass for and again it depends on how busy the parks are. The list of fastpass attractions at DLP is so small that on our last visit we struggled to actually use our hotel fastpasses. I totally understand everyones frustration but at the end of the day Disney is a business and they want to recoup as much money as they can. It will be interesting to see what this change does for average wait times.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List