Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jul 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KScosmos
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Using tickets prior to check-in?

Looking for some advice if possible,

We are looking to book a week in Universal followed by a week in Coronado Springs in December 2022, our rough plan is:
2nd Dec - 9th Dec at Sapphire Falls
9th Dec - 16th Dec at Coronado Springs.

We can't move up the Disney date because the 9th is the first day in December to take advantage of the 50th anniversary deal, so we would lose out on the dining money and $200 gift card etc.

I notice that the Disney tickets say they are only valid from the date of check in - our Disney stay is the last 7 days of our trip, is it at all possible to ask Disney to make the tickets valid from the 2nd rather than the 9th and have them expire on the 16th rather than the 23rd?

Thanks for any advice
KScosmos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Unfortunately not, the tickets won't be valid until the 9th. I'm booked on those same dates for that reason.

Just as an FYI in case it's your first December trip, your first week is likely to co-incide with Pop Warner (a big teen sports event) which is now hosted at Universal. So expect big groups of teens everywhere. You should be fine at Sapphire Falls as I'd be surprised if that's a host resort, but it will affect the parks and CityWalk.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
KScosmos
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Unfortunately not, the tickets won't be valid until the 9th. I'm booked on those same dates for that reason.

Just as an FYI in case it's your first December trip, your first week is likely to co-incide with Pop Warner (a big teen sports event) which is now hosted at Universal. So expect big groups of teens everywhere. You should be fine at Sapphire Falls as I'd be surprised if that's a host resort, but it will affect the parks and CityWalk.
Thanks for the info - sad to hear that, guess we'll need to decide if 1 week at Disney is enough or if we need to maybe replan for Mid-November and do Disney first followed by Universal.

We went in December 2019, flew out on Thanksgiving day and thought the crowds at both Disney and Universal were very reasonable.

Thanks again
KScosmos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you're used to the crowds at that time, then you should be fine. Just thought I'd mention it since the move to Universal is new so a lot of people won't be expecting it.

Right now my current plan is to see if the eligible dates on the free nights offer (assuming we get one - should do) are better and potentially switch over to that. If not, will be doing at least one night before off-site in order to check in first thing on the 9th and start using the tickets.

If you were hoping to attend a Christmas party/after hours event, you could book that in your first week in order to get a bit of Disney as you don't need day tickets to enter. Usually get a few hours "free" in the park before the event starts included.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List