Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Its going to cost a small fortune basically... £300-400 ?
Yes it looks like it ☹️ For you I think it would be £87 for 3 tests before you leave the UK. £87 for 3 tests before you come back to uk and £220 for tests on day 2 when back. £394 just for tests….

ETA - someone’s making a lot of money out of this!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Tests are so expensive! I want to book for Feb half term but price of tests is putting me off!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

I reckon by feb half term you’ll be ok, surely prices will come down overtime as more people start travelling and more companies start providing them.
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
I reckon by feb half term you’ll be ok, surely prices will come down overtime as more people start travelling and more companies start providing them.
You also have to factor in two risks...

If a yellow country goes red you will have to pay for isolation hotel.

If you test positive you will lose the holiday.

On top of the costs of the test and the holiday.

Anyone seen any insurance products out yet

My wife is saying she doesn't want to go now
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
You also have to factor in two risks...

If a yellow country goes red you will have to pay for isolation hotel.

If you test positive you will lose the holiday.

On top of the costs of the test and the holiday.

Anyone seen any insurance products out yet

My wife is saying she doesn't want to go now
My annual travel insurance with LV covers the testing positive and losing the holiday, I can’t imagine any insurance company will cover the hotel quarantine though so that’s definitely a risk
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Looks like frogs legs are off the menu.
I thought this got sorted today but obviously only the isolating part back in the UK.
This is another money grab.cant see any relaxation on testing if the government start taking in tax of it.
myaquarium is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

The Gov website still says PCR for over 11s before arrival into France. Maybe they haven't updated yet?

That's under the fully vaccinated section. I'm waiting before worrying, cos I'm not due to go until November, and everything could change again by then! X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
The Gov website still says PCR for over 11s before arrival into France. Maybe they haven't updated yet?

That's under the fully vaccinated section. I'm waiting before worrying, cos I'm not due to go until November, and everything could change again by then! X
I’ve just had a look and it says PCR 72 hours before or antigen 48 hours before. I will have to have a proper read through if we decide to go. Costs of tests and the constant changing of rules puts me off!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't see it say the second part. Why would anyone choose PCR over Lateral, when the latter is so much quicker in regards to getting your results? Not to mention massively cheaper!

😂😂
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

the link to the gov site which could change of course