Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jul 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Maybe I am reading into this differently, but did this report insinuate that if you have a car booked already then you should be OK? Telling travellers to book early to ensure they have a car available to them to rent surely means that people who have booked already, some of us months and months ago, have a car available?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

I really would hope that is the case!
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

They are turning people away with bookings also sadly
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Maybe I am reading into this differently, but did this report insinuate that if you have a car booked already then you should be OK? Telling travellers to book early to ensure they have a car available to them to rent surely means that people who have booked already, some of us months and months ago, have a car available?
If there’s a queue they prioritise those that have booked direct. Then once they’re out of cars that’s it. Although the airport locations are obviously more fluid with people dropping cars off all the time.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I don't believe that just because you booked early means that they will prioritize your booking on the day. I think that first to the desk/garage will be closer to the mark no matter when you booked. There have already been instances of people arriving to be told "nothing left, come back tomorrow". Its a covid generated problem and demand is exceeding supply without European tourist travel.
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
I don't believe that just because you booked early means that they will prioritize your booking on the day. I think that first to the desk/garage will be closer to the mark no matter when you booked. There have already been instances of people arriving to be told "nothing left, come back tomorrow". Its a covid generated problem and demand is exceeding supply without European tourist travel.
This!
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
If there’s a queue they prioritise those that have booked direct. Then once they’re out of cars that’s it. Although the airport locations are obviously more fluid with people dropping cars off all the time.
Personally I had more luck recently getting my car off airport
Old 11 Jul 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another reason I may do away with the car hire and use uber or lyft
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Alamo’s terms and conditions state:
“ RESERVATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS

All reservations and transactions made through the Site are subject to Alamo's acceptance, which is in our sole discretion. Without limitation, this means that Alamo may refuse to accept or may cancel any reservation or transaction, whether or not the reservation or transaction has been confirmed, for any or no reason, in our sole discretion, and without liability to you or any third party. Rental contracts between Alamo (and any of its affiliates and their respective franchisees) and website users are exclusively entered into at branch locations of Alamo and its affiliates and their respective franchisees and are not entered into through this Site.

In the event of a conflict between the Terms of Use and any rental contract between you and Alamo or any of its affiliates and/or their respective franchisees, the terms of the rental contract will prevail over the Terms of Use.”

I woukd imagine all rental companies are the same
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Alamo’s terms and conditions state:
“ RESERVATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS

All reservations and transactions made through the Site are subject to Alamo's acceptance, which is in our sole discretion. Without limitation, this means that Alamo may refuse to accept or may cancel any reservation or transaction, whether or not the reservation or transaction has been confirmed, for any or no reason, in our sole discretion, and without liability to you or any third party. Rental contracts between Alamo (and any of its affiliates and their respective franchisees) and website users are exclusively entered into at branch locations of Alamo and its affiliates and their respective franchisees and are not entered into through this Site.

In the event of a conflict between the Terms of Use and any rental contract between you and Alamo or any of its affiliates and/or their respective franchisees, the terms of the rental contract will prevail over the Terms of Use.”

I woukd imagine all rental companies are the same
If that’s on UK terms it would breach the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regs I would say. Another one for the CMA maybe……. They have been busy lately.