Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Jul 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Car hire through VH at the moment is extortionate when you inc the full insurance cover. Adds a significant amount onto the holiday. i was pricing up for next year (back end of and i nearly spat out my tea compared to what we paid in Oct 2019).
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Healthcare29 View Post
I booked a BA flight for Oct 21 last year then a few days/weeks later, through BA booked a Budget Car as opposed to a Flydrive booked at the same time, does BA cover all the required Insurance irrespective if you booked a Flydrive or a flight then Car hire through separate BA transations?
Only ever booked a fly-drive with BA I'm afraid and the cars are fully insured. Booked BA flights many times but never added a car later.

The big advantage of BA fly drive is you only need pay a £100pp deposit and the balance 3 weeks before departure.

Mick
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Only ever booked a fly-drive with BA I'm afraid and the cars are fully insured. Booked BA flights many times but never added a car later.

The big advantage of BA fly drive is you only need pay a £100pp deposit and the balance 3 weeks before departure.

Mick
Ok thanks, can see it says 'Fully Insured' & the CDW excess is $0 & the headline info is:-

WHAT IS INCLUDED
• Airport/city surcharge
• Vehicle Registration Fee
• Local Tax
• $inclusion
• Collision Damage Waiver
• Unlimited Mileage
Healthcare29 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Car hire through VH at the moment is extortionate when you inc the full insurance cover. Adds a significant amount onto the holiday. i was pricing up for next year (back end of and i nearly spat out my tea compared to what we paid in Oct 2019).
Might be best waiting for flights to be released (330 days out for VS, 355 for BA) and see what Andy at DFCH prices are then.

Surely the world will have settled down a bit by then.

Mick
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Healthcare29 View Post
Ok thanks, can see it says 'Fully Insured' & the CDW excess is $0 & the headline info is:-

WHAT IS INCLUDED
• Airport/city surcharge
• Vehicle Registration Fee
• Local Tax
• $inclusion
• Collision Damage Waiver
• Unlimited Mileage
As I mentioned above the key thing to check is SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance) (aka Extended Protection). BA fly drive will be $1m which is what you need. The CDW will also be with no excess.

I really can't imagine that BA will offer stand alone car hire with poorer insurance than they provide with a fly drive but worth checking.

Mick
Old 19 Jul 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mick
Thats useful to know Mick, not used BA before but that is very useful !
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Might be best waiting for flights to be released (330 days out for VS, 355 for BA) and see what Andy at DFCH prices are then.

Surely the world will have settled down a bit by then.

Mick
Thanks Mick and lets hope so...! I got a full size SUV fully insured/gold cover with VH/Alamo in Oct 2019 for far far less than what they are wanting for a standard for next year. We're looking at 2023 now.
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We changed our package holiday to fly drive. Flights and car hire. In august 2018 tui included all insurances with there car as we had a multi centre holiday of Orlando and Miami. Their response when i queried the insurance is, it is part of the package, for a multi centre you need a car so yes full insurance is included. Fast track to may this year, flydrive, car insurance isn’t included but an extra on top of your fly drive, because a fly drive you need a car🙄
At the moment with the travel corridor not open to us, I’m hoping once it is the prices will settle again
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List