Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Well, I guess it's horses for courses. I didn't think I was defending anything, just giving my opinion - to us, it is worth the money for the experience it gives us. I know we are over-paying for a few bits of cake, a bit of cheese and crackers and a drink, but it is the experience of taking part in a special event to celebrate my hubby's love of this show that makes it worth while to us. We both work very hard all year for this holiday, and hubby is EXTREMELY tolerant of my Disney obsession, so I love to reward this and say thanks with a special treat for him.

I know some people won't think this is worth the money, but to us - it is. Simple as that.
Originally Posted by Barneyblue View Post
Not sure why you said this? As we all make decisions based sometimes on what others say and do and we all have opinions, and not for one second did we think silvercat was trying to defend the vastly over inflated prices as you put it. Tell me something in disney that's not overinflated that we haven't read about someone enjoying. I valued silvercats experience and her taking the time to share that, that's why I'm on this site. I love the way we all help each other out some how. silvercat I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time, based on your experience we are also going to try this new experience out, hopefully we will have a good evening also.
Oh, forgot to add - I've been going to WDW since 1989 (this will actually be my 16th visit) so I guess I kind of know the real value of their events by now, and what they are worth to us.
Well said!

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Not for me, I'm not keen on Fantasmic

And why do the posts mention cheese? The OP lists cake only! Somebody's going to be disappointed
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Not for me, I'm not keen on Fantasmic

And why do the posts mention cheese? The OP lists cake only! Somebody's going to be disappointed
Say cheese.
Menu items feature a variety of sweet and salty sensational treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding

St Petes 1991
Comfort Suites MGE Kissimee Oct 2003
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Oh, forgot to add - I've been going to WDW since 1989 (this will actually be my 16th visit) so I guess I kind of know the real value of their events by now, and what they are worth to us.

Thank you for your kind words! I really hope you have a wonderful time at the event. Let me know what you think of POR, we are staying at French Quarter this year but have booked for Riverside next year. We've not stayed at this particular resort (either side) before, so I'm really looking forward to it!

HI we loved the POR.
I wasn't sure what to expect after staying at French quarter a number of years back. I thought the FQ was quite small but very pretty and a good bit quieter than I'm used too, but with a small child in tow, it was perfect for us.
Fast forward to now and an adult son. We were originally booked for CBR, but requested a move after hearing about the building work.
Its a much bigger resort with lots of things to do and see.

I loved the bridge, walkways, pool areas, shrubbery, convenience of buses and restaurant and bar etc (we took a preferred/hospitality area room).
We liked it so much, it has now become our resort of choice AFTER our DVC property(Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House)

I liked the sound of the fantasmic offering until I read that it was essentially a 'take away' with good seating. TBH, for that price, I'd prefer Mama Melrose OR the dessert party at the tomorrowland terrace at MK ( we did this twice and both loved it.)
Not sure how much it all costs now.
disney just seems to be getting more and more expensive these days.

I do hope you have a great time and tell us how this new fantasmic experience rates.

Oh and forgot to add, we did the horse and carriage ride. It was surreal. So relaxing. Beautiful animal. GO for it!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 09:50 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by lam View Post
HI we loved the POR.
I wasn't sure what to expect after staying at French quarter a number of years back. I thought the FQ was quite small but very pretty and a good bit quieter than I'm used too, but with a small child in tow, it was perfect for us.
Fast forward to now and an adult son. We were originally booked for CBR, but requested a move after hearing about the building work.
Its a much bigger resort with lots of things to do and see.

I loved the bridge, walkways, pool areas, shrubbery, convenience of buses and restaurant and bar etc (we took a preferred/hospitality area room).
We liked it so much, it has now become our resort of choice AFTER our DVC property(Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House)

I liked the sound of the fantasmic offering until I read that it was essentially a 'take away' with good seating. TBH, for that price, I'd prefer Mama Melrose OR the dessert party at the tomorrowland terrace at MK ( we did this twice and both loved it.)
Not sure how much it all costs now.
disney just seems to be getting more and more expensive these days.

I do hope you have a great time and tell us how this new fantasmic experience rates.

Oh and forgot to add, we did the horse and carriage ride. It was surreal. So relaxing. Beautiful animal. GO for it!
lam, thank you and thanks for your experience at POR, sounds right up our street, its good to hear you liked it so much. We are really looking forward to staying there this year. Horse and Carriage ride especially sounds great. Can i ask did you just turn up for that ride or do you have to book up in advance? We are looking forward to the VIP Dessert party at Fantasmic and will let you know what we thought.

St Petes 1991
Comfort Suites MGE Kissimee Oct 2003
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post

We did the desert party on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. You are given light up fantasmic cup with pinch for the kids and a blue margarita for me (that made my whole mouth blue!)

You are given a bag with the food in and directed to the middle section of the theatre.

There are 3 cakes, cheese and biscuits and a jar with dried fruit and nuts in it.

It was nice, I'm not sure it was forty dollars worth of nice, but it was a treat for my son who loves Fantasmic so worth it as a nice surprise.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh that's interesting - it doesn't sound like you get nearly as much as we did at the Fantasmic Dessert Party in California. Ah well, too late now, I've booked and paid for it so I'll let you know what we thought when we get back! It's a treat for DH who, like your son, just loves Fantasmic.
Old 26 Sep 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamofdisney View Post
You are given a bag with the food in and directed to the middle section of the theatre.
Just wondering, were you directed to a separate desert party area or the same area as the Dining package?
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think my lot would love it...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ias1663
Trading Disney Pins

To much for the offer .
Just need to get a spot early and then enjoy the show in all its glory
Silver Lakes Resort. feb 2006,Grand Beach Resort `07the fountains 2008,walt disney world resort 2009
ias1663 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List