Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Sep 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Wispy1984
Looking for my Ears

Disney buses - help please!

Hi everyone!

We're trying to decide which resort would be the best for us - moderate or value - factoring in the buses

Basically we'll either do the moderate with QSDP or value resort with upgrade to QSDP.
After watching some VLOGS online someone mentioned about the value resorts being the last pick up point... meaning less seats available + extra waiting times
Is this true?

Also, do the moderate resorts have their own buses (i.e not shared with other resorts)?

Is there a website online which show each bus route/ buses exclusive to each resort & times etc?

There quite a few of us going (16 ppl!) and we would like to get the same bus without being split-up (if possible).

Plus I'm worried that if we book the value resorts we'll have a long walk to the bus, and then there might not be any room on the bus!

If anyone could recommend any resorts that would be fab currently looking at Caribbean or all star movies.

We'll also be looking at going at a very busy time (Easter) so need to make life as easy as possible...
Wispy1984 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The busses usually only go to one resort. And at busy times especially, this is true.

Within the resort's there are multiple stops.

16 people on a bus is quite a lot, you may find that a challenge though.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

The Disney bus timetable is on - ourlaughingplace.com
Old 26 Sep 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

try here ourlaughingplace/aspx...x#.WcpdnEyZNGN

I'm using it to plan our trips around from the Yacht club as I don't want to drive - a few sherbets at the Food & Wine festival will be sampled
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

16 people should be fine. Most of the drivers at morning or night are happy to pile people in to make sure everyone gets on.

In the morning there will be ample buses so the longest you may be waiting if the group splits up is 10-15 minutes (same coming home)

Having stayed in All Star Movies I dont understand what this rubbish is about them being last in line to pick up.

Yes when it comes to bus stops they may be further away than the contemporary stop, but its at most maybe a 2/3 minute walk to the stop.

They all have their own dedicated buses. All Star Sports / Music / Movies all have individual buses at every park we went to and dedicated stops even at Disney Springs.

I think only Blizzard Beach made the All Stars share a stop as its basically 3 minutes away from All Star Resort.

Not once did our All Star Movies bus have to pick up people from another resort, or drop them off.

Even the Disney Magic Express for us only went to All Star Resorts and only All Star Resorts, whilst the bus next to us was going to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary and Art of Animation which seemed excessive.

Edited at 05:13 PM.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
Having stayed in All Star Movies I dont understand what this rubbish is about them being last in line to pick up.

Yes when it comes to bus stops they may be further away than the contemporary stop, but its at most maybe a 2/3 minute walk to the stop.
I think this is exactly what the vlogs were talking about - that the values were the stops furthest from the bus station entrances. But as you say, you're talking a few extra minutes.

The worst bus service (IMO) is actually for the deluxe resorts! Value and moderates all have similar service from what I can tell, so I wouldn't choose one over the other based on buses alone.

But my choice purely from a bus point of view is POFQ, it's a small resort with a single bus stop. Dedicated buses in peak times, you may have to share with POR off-peak. It's a moderate but with that many people going, depending how many rooms you're getting, a moderate could actually be cheaper than upgrading value dining plans - especially if you're mostly over 10, as it'll be adult dining prices.

Edited at 05:23 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Pop is my go-to resort now for a number of reasons, amongst which is the bus situation.

Bus situation at Pop
- One bus stop at Pop (admittedly, this may mean walking a further distance from your room to the bus stop though, but no need to wait for the bus to go around to multiple stops as is the case at CBR/CSR/POR).
- Buses come very regularly and never had to wait too long for a bus.
- When waiting for bus back to Pop, the bus stop is often next to the bus stop for the bus back to AoA. If the AoA bus comes first, you can take it to AoA then just walk across the bridge to Pop.
- Only time I've ever encountered bus sharing at Pop was late at night when the bus was shared with AoA - this is rare.
- You may need to wait a while to get a bus back to Pop right after park closing as there is often a long queue.

Personally I'd avoid CBR right now - currently there is a major building project and the whole place sounds like a bit of a mess due to the building works...
Old 26 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We stayed at AoA at Easter 2016. We never shared a bus with another resort, the bus only went to and from AoA. Buses to all parks were very frequent and we never waited long for a bus back to AoA either.
However, as it was Easter the buses were often very full and we could be standing by the door so a group of 16 wouldn't fit on but I think that would be the same for the bus going to a moderate resort too. Easter is very busy. One or two evenings, at park closing, we had to wait for a second and once even a third bus as the first one filled before we could get on.

The value resort bus stop is usually furthest from the main park entrance but only a short walk more (and considering how much walking a park day takes anyway, it is only a bit more).

Also the cheaper rooms, Little Mermaid, in AoA are the furthest from the bus stop at the resort too. But some of the moderate resorts are large too so they may be further from the bus stop depending on which block of rooms you are in.

Edited at 08:18 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just come back from All Star Movies. We had our own buses going to all the parks we never picked up at another All Stars resort. Again, at night we had our own dedicated bus to Movies as did the other All Stars resorts. We only once dropped off at Sports and Music. These resorts are so close to each other it literally took a couple of minutes to do this. Yes the All Star Resorts are the furthest bus stops at the parks but I would not hesitate to stay at All Stars again, we absolutely loved it.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List