Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Aug 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone done a Swim with Manatees in Orlando?

Hey,

My friend is really very keen to swim wth a manatee and can see a trip via Florida tix that looks quite good and includes transfers to and from the river you go to. This is perfect because we are not hiring a car.

Has anyone done this experience? Was it worth it? Can you recommend a company?

Thanks

Claire
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

We booked through Attraction tickets direct twice now. Picked up by coach from a nearby hotel, buffet breakfast on the way. Stop to look around Homassassa state park - loads of rescued manatees as well as lots of other animals. Had our picnic lunch, which was also provided at the park. At Crystal river the only extra was hiring wetsuits, which in hindsight we probably didn't need in August, though did in April. In August we found a few manatees but the water was a bit murky to see them. In April they were everywhere- water was crystal clear and they swam right by us - it was amazing! One of the highlights of our many trips to Florida.
Old 21 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
We booked through Attraction tickets direct twice now. Picked up by coach from a nearby hotel, buffet breakfast on the way. Stop to look around Homassassa state park - loads of rescued manatees as well as lots of other animals. Had our picnic lunch, which was also provided at the park. At Crystal river the only extra was hiring wetsuits, which in hindsight we probably didn't need in August, though did in April. In August we found a few manatees but the water was a bit murky to see them. In April they were everywhere- water was crystal clear and they swam right by us - it was amazing! One of the highlights of our many trips to Florida.
Thank you so much. Really good to hear. If we do it it will be the start of November so I guessing wetsuits are a must. I am hoping for your April experience. Lol. I have to confess I will not be doing it. Not really something I am interested in but its something my best pal has always wanted to do. Want to surprise them with this.
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Been to Crystal river in in November lots of manatees and babies about, not sure how many are about in the summer in the wild.
riverventures/daily-manatee-tours.html
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
Hey,

My friend is really very keen to swim wth a manatee and can see a trip via Florida tix that looks quite good and includes transfers to and from the river you go to. This is perfect because we are not hiring a car.

Has anyone done this experience? Was it worth it? Can you recommend a company?

Thanks

Claire
Orlandoattractions do a manatee swim, cheapest I've found, bus pick up, lunch etc, it's about 12 hours total, ask for Tony
Redman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did crystal river a few years back in July - it was a really nice trip but also see them often in the gulf
Old 23 Aug 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you all very much!
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05