Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
Just noticed on another forum thread that in All Stars someone was offered gift card in exchange for no housekeeping. Seen it a few weeks or so ago too but wondered if anyone staying at CBR had been offered this & how much per day GC it was?
I read somewhere that they were trialing this for short periods of time at different resorts. Not sure how reliable that information was though
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I know, they go up so much every year - I found some paperwork from one of our hols in 2011 when we stayed at CBR it was more than half the price it is now to stay for 2 weeks.
I know that was 6 years ago, but it's crazy how much more it is now.

Hope you manage to sort something for 2019.

😊
Thanks Cha, hope you are well 😊
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi all, just looking to book CBR for next August, and just wondering if anyone can shed light on the building refurbishment, as they are upfront about it will be no way of complaining when there. THerefore, Would I be better off booking the next priced resort or will this be ok? If anyone has any info or advice as building work started in May this year Sorry if I've missed responses regarding this in earlier posts.
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevArnTwe View Post
Hi all, just looking to book CBR for next August, and just wondering if anyone can shed light on the building refurbishment, as they are upfront about it will be no way of complaining when there. THerefore, Would I be better off booking the next priced resort or will this be ok? If anyone has any info or advice as building work started in May this year Sorry if I've missed responses regarding this in earlier posts.
Hey there! It's circling they will have the centre town and old port royale finished by July next year, maybe even earlier. They will still be building the Riviera resort and the gondola system. But don't know if it will cause much disturbance yet.
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pink-bubble
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Oh no, do you remember if you packed the missing things or not?
Such a shame all those things happened. I think WDW is tons better than DLP, but can totally understand how you're feeling after all that 😕
Yes, I definitely packed them as I asked OH to hand me some things and made sure that for example my car sticker is in a spot where's not folding/cramped (does that make sense?)...
first day back at work now, didn't sleep anything last night and feel blaaah
pink-bubble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
I read somewhere that they were trialing this for short periods of time at different resorts. Not sure how reliable that information was though
I asked about this and they said it wasn’t going too well and some rooms were been left in a rear state when people left, also some of the housekeeping staff threatened to strike if it continued beyond this year

I don’t know how reliable this is but I can see why it would be an issue
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Rachael1991, we've never stayed on site before so this is all new to me and also 1st timer at DIY. Finally got dates and flights sorted, so accommodation next and want to do some days on site, with some dining, but unsure with the building work going on.
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone know if they are updating the the rooms at CBR? I know that they did some
Updating to the rooms a couple of years ago...I just wondered if they were planning on bringing in nice showers or anything... like at CSR?
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Just been informed the food court will not be done till August 2018
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AmyP1989 View Post
Just been informed the food court will not be done till August 2018
was just coming to post this - building works now extended til 18th aug 2018 affectng food court, shutters , old port royale atc