Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Apr 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Construction and Coronado Springs

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

The first post was...

Hi all,

Just received an email from Disney:

"Dear Guest,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort!

Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we are always looking to deliver more unforgettable experiences and magic to our guests.

Over the next two years, the Convention Center, Guest rooms and surrounding areas will be undergoing a refurbishment. New distinct touches and a new colour palette will be introduced to the Guest rooms and across the resort to help tell the story of the great Francisco de Coronado, and to reflect the vibrant spirit of adventure that lived within the Spanish explorers. In addition to the existing Guest rooms being refurbished, the transformation will also include the addition of a 15 storey tower, adding additional services, such as Club Level and Concierge, and a rooftop restaurant and bar, allowing spectacular views of the night time firework displays.

We have a long tradition of enhancing our resorts while also maintaining the magic of the Disney experience, as we have with Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Rest assured, while we are working our magic across Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, we are making every effort to ensure our guests experience the comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. The renovation will be taking place in blocks, therefore Guest impact will be kept to an absolute minimum, however there may be some noise between the hours of 9:00am – 17:00 pm and we may have alternate paths of travel throughout the resort. We have been advised that guests will not be situated near the work area and we anticipate that all Dining Options and Resort Amenities will be available to guests throughout this time.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you during your stay and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are confident that the work taking place will have little or no impact on the enjoyment of your stay. If you need assistance with your reservation please call our Disney Experts on 0800 169 0730 where we will be waiting and very happy to help.

We eagerly await your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

Magical Regards,
Guest Care"

Whilst I knew CBR and CSR were getting updates (after I booked) I didn't realise they were constructing a 15 storey building. If we're unhappy we can move resorts right? It's our Honeymoon and don't want construction to impact our stay

Thanks in advance
Please feel free to carry on...
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow we've moved to another thread!

I hope some of us get good news soon.

I'm currently at the dentist waiting for him to look at my ear and jaw pain I keep getting. GP said nothing wrong with ears so visit the dentist!
That's all I need at the mo, to be told I need a tooth out or something like that! Figures as that's the way my luck is going at the mo!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Got excited there Fiona!

"Wow we've moved to another.." Thought resort

Fingers crossed
I would request Mariana phone you today, I would try tears anything just go on about everyone failing you go all emotional if you haven't already!

Xxx
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
Got excited there Fiona!

"Wow we've moved to another.." Thought resort

Fingers crossed
I would request Mariana phone you today, I would try tears anything just go on about everyone failing you go all emotional if you haven't already!

Xxx
Ha I wish!
Well I don't have toothache but the dentist has said I'm suffering from TMJ bought on by stress!
Yeah, I can relate to that!

So soft foods for me for the next 8 weeks whilst it heals, it had better heal by the time I go away!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just realised that I'm down to Double Digits now!
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Eek! I would have got it writing throw that at Disney and TC too throw everything at them!

Feels like yesterday I said I was in to DD now 60 days! Pacing floor for fast pass opening lol! Got school run at 12 but only 2 min walk so going to try grab a SDMT and new avatar ones if lucky enough then run to school with double pram 😂😂😂 never had this last time so all new to this hope I get some through out the day xxx
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Mobile

And not good with your jaw pain :-( hope it soon eases x
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm on a lot of FB groups and the Americans seem to be able to shift resorts willy-nilly for nothing it's so irritating!
I also spoke to a lady who moved from cbr to AoA little mermaid (no extra charge and kept free dining/gift card) and they upgraded her to a suite!
I don't understand how some are being moved and not others. I asked if they could move us anywhere with no extra fees and I got a nope!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Eek! I would have got it writing throw that at Disney and TC too throw everything at them!

Feels like yesterday I said I was in to DD now 60 days! Pacing floor for fast pass opening lol! Got school run at 12 but only 2 min walk so going to try grab a SDMT and new avatar ones if lucky enough then run to school with double pram 😂😂😂 never had this last time so all new to this hope I get some through out the day xxx
Do the fast passes go very quickly then?
What time do they open then?
Old 26 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

And not good with your jaw pain :-( hope it soon eases x
I hope it does too!
Never had it before but dentist said it's usually bought on by severe stress and you clenching your jaw unless you grind your teeth which I don't do.