Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Aug 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, just noticed where you're staying - it's about 20 mins further north than we stayed but you won't be too far from Barefoot Landing which is where we did the boat ride. This also has lots of restaurants and is similar to Broadway on the Beach but a bit smaller I'd say. We didn't go there in the evening so can't say how busy the restaurants were.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
Hi,

We've just come back from South Carolina. We flew to Charlotte then drove down to Hilton Head for 4 nights, up to Charleston for 3 nights and then up to North Myrtle Beach for 4 nights before going back to Charlotte.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites by Hilton on the oceanfront at North Myrtle Beach. I think it took about 20 mins to drive on N Kings Highway down to Broadway on the Beach, passing lots of chain restaurants, mini golf, gokarts etc. Not sure where you're staying but the Tanger Outlet shops were only a few minutes from our hotel and one thing I'd definitely recommend is this saltshakerboattours/. I was with DH and DS17 and DD16 and we all loved it - DS bit annoyed as he wasn't allowed to drive as had to be 18 but it was great fun and I bought it with a Groupon.

Also did this which was good jetboatride/

Have a great holiday!
WOW I love the look of the saltshaker I'm not good on the computers so any help with a groupon link would be great thank you..The jet boat is a bit to scary for me...
Thank you for the info...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
WOW I love the look of the saltshaker I'm not good on the computers so any help with a groupon link would be great thank you..The jet boat is a bit to scary for me...
Thank you for the info...
Hi,

I've just looked for you but unfortunately there isn't a Groupon available at the moment but unless you're on a tight budget it's still worth doing. You go along the intracoastal waterway and there's some lovely houses along the way.

I wouldn't really say the jetboat was that scary - you get a bit wet but not soaked. The guy who owned the boat also told us that Huntington Beach State Park was a nice place to go but we didn't have time - there's also Brookgreen Gardens in the same area where we spent a peaceful couple of hours - just depends which sort of thing you like.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
Hi,

I've just looked for you but unfortunately there isn't a Groupon available at the moment but unless you're on a tight budget it's still worth doing. You go along the intracoastal waterway and there's some lovely houses along the way.

I wouldn't really say the jetboat was that scary - you get a bit wet but not soaked. The guy who owned the boat also told us that Huntington Beach State Park was a nice place to go but we didn't have time - there's also Brookgreen Gardens in the same area where we spent a peaceful couple of hours - just depends which sort of thing you like.
Well I showed my OH and he agrees that it looks fun, so we might have a go (I'm a bit of a woos but might just try it)...
Thanks again for the fab info...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List