Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Great trip, we have Columbus Motor Inn booked for next year, my teens won't be happy with slow wi-fi I will have to forget to mention it to them
I read in a review that it is being refurbished in "the fall." Maybe the wifi will be improved!
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
I read in a review that it is being refurbished in "the fall." Maybe the wifi will be improved!
We stayed there this year in a suite and are staying next year again. Wonderful location, basic rooms, so good to hear they may be refurbished, even though we were happy as they were. We did not find the wifi slow lol but we are no experts and just email and regular internet users

Edited at 10:34 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Hi Laura

Great write up! Thanks for posting it. We would like to do the Grand Canyon and other places in the West.

We used packing cubes this year and found them really useful.

Hope all goes well with the New England planning.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it.
I'd really recommend GC it was stunning. Pictures don't do it justice. When you do go I'd suggest 2 nights, so that you can see sunset & sunrise.
I've just changed the Boston/New England plan again, I love that you can do that with DIY.
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jasminedivas View Post
Thanks for a great trip report, it's given me lots of ideas for our CA trip next year. I was just wondering what 2 bed suites you had as I really want to book bigger accommodation if possible, we struggle in 1 room if it's more than a couple of nights. Any recommendations would be greatly received. Thanku
Jasmine the only 2 bed suites were Columbus Motor Inn San Francisco & Rush Creek Lodge Yosemite. We struggled sharing a bathroom though & found 2 rooms better though obviously more expensive.
I'm pleased my report helped. I loved reading other Dibbers reports - very helpful.
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We stayed there this year in a suite and are staying next year again. Wonderful location, basic rooms, so good to hear they may be refurbished, even though we were happy as they were. We did not find the wifi slow lol but we are no experts and just email and regular internet users
Maybe it depends on where in the hotel your room is located?! Ooh great to hear they are refurbishing, I read a new review on TA a few days ago and they attached some pics and I thought they must've put pics from a different hotel as it didn't look like photos I've seen before - maybe it was a refurbished room
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip. Fab information about your eating out budget and fuel budget. There's only 2 of us going so I'm happy we have enough money to see us through.
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip. Fab information about your eating out budget and fuel budget. There's only 2 of us going so I'm happy we have enough money to see us through.
I've kept all my food / restaurant receipts if you want any more details please just ask.
Old 29 Sep 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

This has been so helpful thank you! We have just booked so in the very early stages of planning. I have read from another report about Dylan's tours being good. Did you think it was a good way to see all the sights?
One q I have I'm not too keen on driving down/up steep mountainous roads and the trip from SF to Yosemite sounds scary is there a diff way to go?
Old 29 Sep 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
This has been so helpful thank you! We have just booked so in the very early stages of planning. I have read from another report about Dylan's tours being good. Did you think it was a good way to see all the sights?
One q I have I'm not too keen on driving down/up steep mountainous roads and the trip from SF to Yosemite sounds scary is there a diff way to go?
Dylan's was a great way to see so much of the city & surrounding area. We went on our first full day - at 9am as we're up early due to jetlag.
I'm not sure there is a different route into Yosemite from SF but I suspect the fact we were up high in a 7 seater SUV made it feel worse. It was the last 1/2 hr that was hairy - but if you took it slowly it's ok. The beauty of Yosemite is worth it.
Enjoy your planning Lx