Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Family beach accommodation recommendations please

Just starting to plan our first west coast trip - very exciting.

We will likely do some combination of the key cities and sites but I am struggling to find a family resort location, ideally on or very near a beach. When I say family, I am thinking about not a Baywatch kind of location with lot of thongs, boob jobs and gorgous people making me feel older than by 50+ years

Think Vero Beach but west coast.
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I haven't been yet but we are off to San Diego at Christmas. We are staying in an airbnb but I know plenty of Dibbers have stayed in hotels! It always seems to get the thumbs up!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We stayed at Hotel Del Coronado a few weeks back. Lovely hotel and resort on the beach, lots for families to do.
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There are lots of lovely beaches around LA, Manhattan, Long Beach, Huntingdon, Santa Monica..
Just depends what you want.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're looking at visiting San Diego, La Jolla Shores is a good family-friendly beach. I've stayed at the La Jolla Shores hotel there before- it's right on the beach and a lovely hotel. The Catamaran hotel in Mission Bay is another family-friendly resort that is just a short distance from Mission Beach. Mission Beach draws a large 20-something crowd, but plenty of families are there, too. Coronado beach is beautiful and lots of families go there, hotels are expensive on Coronado though...the Hotel Del Coronado is right on the beach but is probably the most expensive hotel in San Diego.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Second Huntingdon. Nice area😎Good for surfing and a Dairy Queen😎😎😎😎

Edited at 07:14 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mind you I prefer Monterey Santa Cruz area😎😎😎

Edited at 07:16 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Redondo Beach is nice. Has a couple of piers, one with an amusement arcade. You have a Cheesecake Factory right on the seafront along with a well regarded seafood restaurant.

Plenty of othr things to do in the area as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Haven't been yet but we're staying in a 2 bed cottage in Newport beach from Thursday, booked through VEBO. The owner has been great to deal with. I'll be posting photos in my photo report when we get there if you're interested.
Old 19 Sep 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Haven't been yet but we're staying in a 2 bed cottage in Newport beach from Thursday, booked through VEBO. The owner has been great to deal with. I'll be posting photos in my photo report when we get there if you're interested.
Newport Beach is just lovely, you will have an amazing time, we visited this summer and it was my favourite day
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List