Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Is Yosemite for me?

Hi,
We've just returned from a PNW trip including BC, Washington and a little Oregon and enjoyed it so much we're now in the planning stages of a California trip.
Hopefully booking flights next month ( when we've been paid&#128556 and looking at May/June time.

We're hoping to include some National Parks and some actual camping as we loved our trip to the North Cascades so much and the amazing hikes up to glaciers.

I have so far decided to take include a night camping in Joshua Tree for night hiking and star gazing, a couple in Pinnacles, and feel we should visit Yosemite but am a little afraid of it being spoilt by it being so popular and easily accessible.

Any opinions? North Cascades was pretty quiet even on Labour weekend and on one of our hikes saw not a single person. Will I like it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

I think it could still for you if you get away from the Valley a bit. About 80 percentage of visitors generally stuck to the main few sites leaving plenty of wilderness to explore. Maybe look into hiking and camping along the John Muir Trail or if the tioga pass is open for you visit then one of the trails off this road might work. There's a good website called yosemitehikes.com that might help with some planning.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I will check out the website 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we went last July and although it is a busy place we really enjoyed our 3 night stay. We did the more basic walks up the vernal falls to approx 6500 feet and then drove to glacier point. One of the things i would recommend on arrival is the valley floor tour , 2 hours which gives you a little history and let's you get your bearing. I believe there are 800 miles of tracks so plenty of quiet places..
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List