Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 17, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
That was my issue tbh.. the crew were just awful at dealing with the problems. It was left to a crew member who was off duty to try and sort them out. Without her I'm not sure what would have happened.
Talking to senior Virgin cabin crew it seems the problem is that as they bid for jobs based on seniority and Vegas economy is a rough flight to work due to length and stags , the less experienced crew tend to end up working it.

As to why it happens more on Virgin than BA , my observation is BA gate staff are more likely to deny boarding than their VS counterparts.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We had a totally different experience with Virgin. No stag or hen parties, so we were lucky. We did sit in the bubble, so it probably made a difference. Flight was good, on time, great cabin crew, nothing out of the ordinary, just did the job. We flew back from Vegas a few weeks ago with BA and the that flight with BA was fine too. Seemed to be a lot more families on the BA flight. Cabin crew was awful though on BA return from Vegas. I guess it's hit and miss with any of the airlines. You will get good and bad on all airlines.

Edited at 06:55 AM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Oh dear, we've just booked flights into SF but back from Vegas to Manchester on a Sunday for Aug 18. I hadn't even thought about hen/stag parties on the flight, I so wish I had read this thread first ! Hopefully they'll all be worn out from their antics in Vegas and sleep all the way home 😳
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Talking to senior Virgin cabin crew it seems the problem is that as they bid for jobs based on seniority and Vegas economy is a rough flight to work due to length and stags , the less experienced crew tend to end up working it.

As to why it happens more on Virgin than BA , my observation is BA gate staff are more likely to deny boarding than their VS counterparts.
Well the stag party should never have been allowed on board they were drinking in the airport we saw them in one of the pubs and also still drinking outside the departure gate .

My husband said they are going to be trouble and he was right .

I did speak to VA when I got home and they basically said they were aware of the issues But basically is very hard to determine if someone is drunk enough to deny boarding . The fact they were loud and obnoxious at the gate clearly wasn’t a clear enough indicator ;-)
Basically VA weren’t bothered .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by MichelleT View Post
Oh dear, we've just booked flights into SF but back from Vegas to Manchester on a Sunday for Aug 18. I hadn't even thought about hen/stag parties on the flight, I so wish I had read this thread first ! Hopefully they'll all be worn out from their antics in Vegas and sleep all the way home 😳
They are usually a lot quieter on the way home , not so many drinks are served which helps , plus they are in my experience far stricter in Vegas airport than here so if someone was clearly drunk they would be unlikely to be allowed to board .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Its what we've done recently but after a 7 hr drive this year I'll likely not do it next year.. Too much when you get to Vegas at midnight and not into bed till 2am then have 3 very busy days & nights .

We will likely get a BA fly drive into Vegas in March. I'll start to look into it when I get back from North Carolina.
I have always driven from LA to Vegas but in the many years of doing this I haven't yet had a nightmare drive . I also like driving over there
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
So do we like driving over there it’s not a problem we do about 2000 miles each trip usually .

But traffic was horrendous , we did something like 20 miles in 2.5 hours . When you get to bed at 2 am ( so up 26 hours ) and have to be out again by 9am knowing full well you won’t be back at the hotel till gone midnight the first few days it’s not great really .
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Oh gosh just come back on to catch up with replies! I guess one thing of free drinks is that it may encourage stag and hen doo's to go too far... thomas cook we had no issues with rowdy people on board but I guess may have just been lucky.

We are looking at Sunday to Sunday so maybe might miss the weekenders on the way there.

Thanks for honest opinions - much appreciated. Feel very torn as TC is slightly cheaper but Virgin includes breakfast credit and can pick for a strip view room whereas TC its just one room type x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleT View Post
I really wouldn't worry.
Old 22 Sep 17, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We flew with Virgin from Gatwick to Las Vegas on Tuesday. Had a great flight, really quiet, cabin crew very attentive. I was surprised how often they came round with drinks although 2 wines was more than enough for me😀
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List