Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Sep 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Recommend a Resort please

So this visit being close to Disney is not a factor when looking for a villa as we are spending first week of our holiday onsite at Disney and although we might go back to Disney in the other 2 weeks the latter part of our holiday is more likely going to be used at Universal and SeaWorld resorts.

So what villa resorts are handiest to get up to International Drive? Because this time we will be spending more time at the resort my DH and DS would love to have a tennis court/basketball court. Personally I would like a resort is around a conservation area but that's not a deal breaker.
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

It's always struck me as odd that there are so many villa resorts close to Disney, but very few closer to I. Drive. It seems to lean much more towards hotels.
We've stayed at Vista Cay a few times and love it there, it's very close to Universal and I drive, but possibly still not walkable (although DD and DDiL did manage to do a bar crawl and then wander back to the condo).

There are also a few of the condo hotels - the Hilton Grand Vacations near SeaWorld has lots of space and recreation activities. Other chains with similar accommodations are also available
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Grumps Mrs View Post
It's always struck me as odd that there are so many villa resorts close to Disney, but very few closer to I. Drive. It seems to lean much more towards hotels.
We've stayed at Vista Cay a few times and love it there, it's very close to Universal and I drive, but possibly still not walkable (although DD and DDiL did manage to do a bar crawl and then wander back to the condo).

There are also a few of the condo hotels - the Hilton Grand Vacations near SeaWorld has lots of space and recreation activities. Other chains with similar accommodations are also available
Thank you . Yes I thought the same when I was a map area of some of the resorts. It doesn't need to be walkable but it would be good if we could get to Universal/Sea World a little bit quicker than we have done previously when we have stayed in the Four Corners resorts. I will have a look at Vista Cay. Definitely want our own villa and pool .
Thanks
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

Another vote for Vista Cay. Stayed there in May in a 3 bed with lake view. Would definitely stay again.
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tracy23 View Post
Another vote for Vista Cay. Stayed there in May in a 3 bed with lake view. Would definitely stay again.
Tried to look for Vista Cay villas - but it seems to be only condo's?
Old 22 Sep 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

Yes it is condos and town houses, no individual villas. You can watch a video on you tube which shows you round the complex which we watched to reminise! I don't believe there are any villas around universal and I'm sure I've read on here why but just can't remember! I understand if you want your own pool but if you're not too bothered about that then the condos are BIG! High ceilings made it seem even bigger I think! Full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, very clean corridors and well kept grounds. We didn't even need to visit reception to check out - just leave the key cards in the kitchen area. It wasn't a noisy place either. I hope this helps anyway!
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The reason there are no short term villa rentals near Universal is due to zoning. It is in Orange County. The rentals are in Osceola, Polk and Lake County where some communities are zoned for short term. The areas of these counties that are close to Disney also were developed later.
Old 22 Sep 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

Thank you - knew there was a reason!
Old 23 Sep 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Something around Championsgate area could work very well, due to its proximity to I4.

For conservation, the Reserve at Town Center Resort would be an excellent shout as the community is surrounded by lakes and conservation
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List