Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Argggg! Can't modify my OKW booking no availability update

I currently have OKW booked for 19th to 25th August.

Now got my flights and I wanted to change to 17th to 29th. No availability is showing on their system. Nothing showing on WDWT either.

Is it because free dining hasn't ended yet and we're not at the 330 departure date.?

Anyone any experience from previous years. There is no way OKW is sold out, but I guess the rooms allocated may have been taken for now.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 04:18 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Are you searching the entire date range? As when I try a room only booking, I can see availability for the 17-19 for OKW, it only seems to be the days at the end that are sold out. Specifically 25-28, there's no DVC availability showing resort wide on WDTC. It's a popular time for Brits to go, so they probably are genuinely sold out of their allocation.

I would phone WDTC and add on the extra days at the start so you can get your tickets and dining from day one. Then the final few days, if no availability opens up later, you could move to room only (cash or points rental) or even off-site (e.g. Universal/I-Drive) if you were planning some off-site days anyway.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Best to call Disney. I had a similar problem, was told to keep trying and a few weeks later more rooms were released.

Plan B was to stay at a different Disney hotel for 2 nights, and they would transport your luggage, but it never came to that.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi we have this problem at pofq. I only need one extra night at start of holiday and we are taking two off but no availability on the first night. I have sent a query to somewhere recommended on here. Will keep looking also , I have booked the flights so am committed to the new dates. If no luck will have to stay at another Disney hotel first night and start dining plan etc our first full day which is fine I suppose as we don't land until 6 pm. Am still hoping for pofq though ☺
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We've booked 19th - 29th Aug at OKW and have seen decent flights for 13th-27th but haven't booked them yet as OKW are fully booked with Disney. However, I've looked at kenwood travel and they have accommodation only available for these dates. I'd prefer to book direct with Disney but still weighing up my options!
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingbear
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mudmonster View Post
We've booked 19th - 29th Aug at OKW and have seen decent flights for 13th-27th but haven't booked them yet as OKW are fully booked with Disney. However, I've looked at kenwood travel and they have accommodation only available for these dates. I'd prefer to book direct with Disney but still weighing up my options!
Kenwoods website doesn't show live availability unfortunately x
dancingbear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
Kenwoods website doesn't show live availability unfortunately x
Ahh, thanks. I thought that Kenwood were given a different quota of rooms than Disney i.e. Disney had no rooms left but the rooms kenwood had been issued with were still available.

I need to get hubby to decide what he wants to do and get the flights booked!
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Thank you loldis, rang Disney, I was able add the two days at the beginning, no extra charge as price increased. Told to just keep checking the end dates. I did ask before I posted on the dibb this morning about dates either side and was told no nothing, for the beginning the end or all together. The last lady I spoke with had to speak to someone to get the dates opened for adding to my dining plan.

If nothing else opens, I will look at DVC point rental as always wanted to stay at Poly or GF. We have $200 which will go towards food bill, plus $68 dollars left over from our last visit.

Off to investigate point rental as that seems quite appealing. Thanks everyone for tips.

I did ring Kenwood and to confirm no live pricing, she checked and no availability for OKW.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Don't forget you can use up any of your spare snack/QS credits on your last free dining day on things that will keep a few days, e.g. bottled drinks, boxes of cereal, etc. Especially at OKW, as they tend to sell a lot of prepare yourself items being a DVC property. So that can keep your OOP spending down a bit more on those last few days.

Glad you got those first few days sorted at least.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingbear
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Thank you loldis, rang Disney, I was able add the two days at the beginning, no extra charge as price increased. Told to just keep checking the end dates. I did ask before I posted on the dibb this morning about dates either side and was told no nothing, for the beginning the end or all together. The last lady I spoke with had to speak to someone to get the dates opened for adding to my dining plan.

If nothing else opens, I will look at DVC point rental as always wanted to stay at Poly or GF. We have $200 which will go towards food bill, plus $68 dollars left over from our last visit.

Off to investigate point rental as that seems quite appealing. Thanks everyone for tips.

I did ring Kenwood and to confirm no live pricing, she checked and no availability for OKW.
This is what we're looking to go for the last few days of our stay!
dancingbear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List