Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 09, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Disney Dream Unveiled October 29th 2009

Just read this on a Castaway Club newsletter -

The all-new Disney Dream, scheduled to set sail in early 2011 will be unveiled live in New York City on October 29th 2009. Beginning at 4.15pm EST you can watch the streaming video of the unveil and be part of the action at disneycruise.com

I'm hoping they will be showing deck plans, the various staterooms and facilities and also advising when bookings can start being made. Looks like the Dream is doing the 3 & 4 night cruises which is exactly what I want for June 2011 - to get the new ship is a bonus

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 09, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Sound good

but wonder if it will be most expensive?

would love to go on Dream ship...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 09, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Can't wait to see the plans and hear the announcement!
Old 12 Sep 09, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
Just read this on a Castaway Club newsletter -

The all-new Disney Dream, scheduled to set sail in early 2011 will be unveiled live in New York City on October 29th 2009. Beginning at 4.15pm EST you can watch the streaming video of the unveil and be part of the action at disneycruise.com

I'm hoping they will be showing deck plans, the various staterooms and facilities and also advising when bookings can start being made. Looks like the Dream is doing the 3 & 4 night cruises which is exactly what I want for June 2011 - to get the new ship is a bonus
DCL are taking bookings from sept 28 for Alaska so should know more then.

DizzyC I couldn't work out if the Dream or the Magic would be doing the 3/4 night cruises. I thought perhaps the Magic would and the larger Dream for the 7 night. Once the Magic is finished in Europe will it not spend the rest of the year back in Florida?
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 09, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sdf View Post
DCL are taking bookings from sept 28 for Alaska so should know more then.

DizzyC I couldn't work out if the Dream or the Magic would be doing the 3/4 night cruises. I thought perhaps the Magic would and the larger Dream for the 7 night. Once the Magic is finished in Europe will it not spend the rest of the year back in Florida?
I'm a bit confused myself to be honest - I've been reading hundreds of posts on another site from very excited americans with regards to the Alaska news (don't fancy going somewhere cold myself but it seems popular) and the general opinion is that the Dream will do 3, 4, 5 & possibly 7 night cruises from PC in 2011. I've tried figuring out which ship is where but I keep reading conflicting information. The majority of people are saying that the Dream will do the shorter cruises and the Magic will do the 7 nighters. I guess we will know more when it's unveiled in October.

I'm not bothered which ship I go on as long as we get the option of doing 4 or 5 nights. I don't want to do 7 nights as we also want to pack in all the theme parks while we are there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED : Just had another read & it says the Magic is doing the following : -

Jan - Apr 2011 - 7 night western & eastern same regular ports
May - Aug 2011 - 7 night Med cruises
Sep - Dec 2011 - 7 night western & eastern same regular ports

Not sure if this 100% correct, I'm only quoting what I've read. But it's this information which is making people assume that the Dream is doing the shorter cruises.

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)

Edited at 11:34 PM.
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

I have seen similar reports and it seems likely that the Dreams will be doing the 3/4 night sailings.
I have also heard that there may be new stateroom category listings on the new ship.

I would really love it if they did the two visit to Castaway Cay itineraries again as we really enjoyed that last year.
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ANGEL View Post
Can't wait to see the plans and hear the announcement!
Me too

Originally Posted by dopeymo View Post
I would really love it if they did the two visit to Castaway Cay itineraries again as we really enjoyed that last year.
We did a double dipping cruise last year too and it was brilliant

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

We were on the Magic last November for the 7 night western. We are planning to go back 2012 for hopefully the 7 night Eastern Carribean. We will be delighted just to be able to do it again and the Magic was fantastic, however it would be great to have tried one of the new ships. Of course by then the Fantasy will also be sailing so who knows come then!
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 09, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
I'm a bit confused myself to be honest - I've been reading hundreds of posts on another site from very excited americans with regards to the Alaska news (don't fancy going somewhere cold myself but it seems popular) and the general opinion is that the Dream will do 3, 4, 5 & possibly 7 night cruises from PC in 2011. I've tried figuring out which ship is where but I keep reading conflicting information. The majority of people are saying that the Dream will do the shorter cruises and the Magic will do the 7 nighters. I guess we will know more when it's unveiled in October.

I'm not bothered which ship I go on as long as we get the option of doing 4 or 5 nights. I don't want to do 7 nights as we also want to pack in all the theme parks while we are there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED : Just had another read & it says the Magic is doing the following : -

Jan - Apr 2011 - 7 night western & eastern same regular ports
May - Aug 2011 - 7 night Med cruises
Sep - Dec 2011 - 7 night western & eastern same regular ports

Not sure if this 100% correct, I'm only quoting what I've read. But it's this information which is making people assume that the Dream is doing the shorter cruises.
I have noticed that lots of usa people exciting about Alaska...

I don't understand why Alaska?

Have I miss something? Why they keen on Alaska as it is cold?

maybe something different and good experience?

Anyone can explain why people keen on Alaska?

I would love to go to Canada yes but not know much about Alaska?

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Dream looks to be doing 3-4 nt cruise

if you go to Disneys Cruise website, you can not book for July 1-4 night on either the Wonder or the Magic, 2011. So I would think that one of the ships would sail form PC during JULY 2001 for 3/4 night. It much be the Dream!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread