Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 09, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

First time Cruiser

Hi,
I am a first time user on here.I have just booked 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise On Magic for 2011. Any help, tips etc would really be appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 09, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Congratulations you will love it, tips ummm, if you like a beer/wine, Disney allow you to take your own onboard as long as it's in your hand luggage also if you have booked direct with Disney cruise line look at transferring your booking to Dreams Unlimited, you get to keep any onboard credit you have recieved from Disney as well as getting onboard credit from Dreams Unlimited, pretty much nothing else changes, you can still access your booking on the DCL website and book any excursions etc, the only real difference is you pay Dreams Unlimited the balance instead of DCL
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Welcome to the Dibb. We are going on a Western Disney Cruise on 28th Nov. Have done 2 x 3 day cruises before though on the Wonder.
You will have a great time. If you dont have children or can get some time on your own Palo is worth booking. Its an Italian Restaurant with a surcharge of $15 per person but fantastic. I am told that Brunch is good too there and have booked it for our trip. The kids clubs are very good, our DS wanted to stay in their all the time! Parking is right next to the ship and is $15 a day so if you can plan it I would hire a car and drop off at the depot nearby and pick up a car on your return. We have booked with Budget for this. Happy to answer any queries you have as will the other dibbers Im sure.
Old 22 Oct 09, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fantasia Sam
Imagineer

Fantasia Sam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 16
Restaurant Reviews: 55
I've cruised with Disney a few times now, Easterns, Westerns, 4 dayer and Holiday cruise. As another poster said Palo Brunch is amazing, it's great that you are doing the 7 night as it will mean you get to experience that. I would suggest NOT dining at Palo for dinner until after you have done your first 3 restaurant rotations.

Defintely book spa appointments as soon as you can online - Not sure if you are travelling with kids or not but if you can get away from them at Castaway Cay I thoroughly recommend the Couples Cabana Massage

Get a lanyard for your room key card - it's the only thing you need to carry around with you as you pay for everything using that whilst on board the ship.

Invest in the Passporter's Disney Cruiseline and it's ports of call Book and you will know everything you need to know!

22 years, 36 Trips and counting:

DVC - BCV, WLV, BLT, OKW, SSR
WDW - Pop, AoA, CBR, AKL (Club), BC (Club), YC (Club), BWI, GF, Contemporary
Non-Disney - Four Seasons, Swan & Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton LBV Palace
DCL - Wonder, Magic, Dream, Fantasy
DLP - Sante Fe, Sequoia, DL Hotel
DL - Grand Californian
Universal - Portofino Bay
Fantasia Sam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Fantasia Sam View Post
I've cruised with Disney a few times now, Easterns, Westerns, 4 dayer and Holiday cruise. As another poster said Palo Brunch is amazing, it's great that you are doing the 7 night as it will mean you get to experience that. I would suggest NOT dining at Palo for dinner until after you have done your first 3 restaurant rotations.

Defintely book spa appointments as soon as you can online - Not sure if you are travelling with kids or not but if you can get away from them at Castaway Cay I thoroughly recommend the Couples Cabana Massage

Get a lanyard for your room key card - it's the only thing you need to carry around with you as you pay for everything using that whilst on board the ship.

Invest in the Passporter's Disney Cruiseline and it's ports of call Book and you will know everything you need to know!
I have just bought the passporters cruiseline book and it is really good with a lot of info.
Old 24 Oct 09, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

take lots of single $ for tips for room servcie - we had a stash in the draw by the door and it was a god send as you dont deal in cash on board
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 09, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi everyone, thanks for the hints so far. We have booked the cruise using DVC points. Didnt know we needed to tip room service, what sort of amount do you give them? I thought the suggested tips for the trip of $84 included all that!
Old 28 Oct 09, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Hi
we did our first cruise a year ago next week. It was the Western with DCL aswell and loved every minute of it.

Regarding the tips - I'm sure there is somewhere on this site and also on the Dreams Unlimited site with the recommended amounts. I cant quite remember but I think the tips for the 7 nights came to about £150 for a family of four.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 09, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TH1
Apprentice Imagineer

Our tips for two passengers for a four night cruise were $96. If you get room service, tip a dollar to the person bringing the drink or snack.
TH1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the advice so far, I will defintly get some dollars in then. Has any one done some of the trips from this cruise, we seem swamped with whats on offer and dont know which ones are worth doing?
Closed Thread