Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Oct 09, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern Caribbean DAY 7

Friday October 2nd 2009

Castaway Cay

We were just arriving at Castaway Cay when we woke, I went and got my Latte from Cove Cafe and we sat on the verandah and watched the ship dock.

Some pics I took from the verandah:-

Next we went for some breakfast at Parrot Cay instead of Topsiders for a change, only really a change of surroundings though as it was still a buffet with the same type of food lol!

After breakfast we went and got our stuff and headed down to deck 1 to disembark, I took a couple of pics of the Magic on the way past:-

And then the Flying Dutchman:-

We took the tram to Serenity bay the adults only bay and spent a few hours there,
The breathtaking beach:-

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 09, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

By early afternoon a few rain clouds had gathered and we had a couple of showers so we used our beach umbrella as a shelter, when the rain stopped we went to Cookies bbq for lunch and then to the Conched out bar for a Konk cooler. Then we had a walk round to the Heads up bar for a Castaway crush, I took a couple more pics of the ship but as you can see the rain looked ready to come back with a vengeance so we headed back to the ship :-

We went back to the room to sit on the verandah and were treated to a huge thunderstorm complete with bolt lightning, it was great to sit and watch.
The show tonight was the 'Remember the Magic, a final farewell' so we made our way to the Walt Disney Theatre,

and took our seats for the show. There was a magician and a juggling act by Jeff Civillico and then a host of Disney characters, all the performers came out at the end to recieve their well deserved applause.
The show:-

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 09, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

After the show we went and got changed for dinner, which tonight was at Lumiere's and was the 'Till we meet again' dinner, we put our packed cases out in the hall for collection and saw Shaka and gave him his tip envelope and thanked him for doing an excellent job.
Dinner was again fantastic, we both had fillet of beef for entrees. After dinner all of the dining staff put on their own show:-

Mikey & Grace:-

Everything had been fantastic again and it was a shame that this would be our last night, we gave Mikey and Grace their envelopes and also the head server his and said we'd see them in the morning for breakfast.
Next we went to watch the 'till we meet again' show in the lobby atrium featuring all of the show performers and the Disney characters:-

Goofy didn't want to leave:-

We went and had a couple of drinks on deck and then went back to the room, it's just about over booooo!

Saturday October 3rd 2009

Not much to write about today so I'll tag it on here.

We got up and got ready and went to Lumiere's for breakfast, we both had an omelette and then all to soon it was time to say goodbye, we exchanged facebook details with Pierre and Melissa, Grace said she hoped to see us again as she was hoping to be on the Wonder in Jan 2011, we wished Mikey well and that everything was O.K with his family and then after a lot of hugs it was time to go.

We were off the ship really fast and through immigration in no time, collected our cases and went to find our transfer. We were getting dropped back off at Saratoga Springs but there was no DCL motor coach for us this time just a Mears van. We got dropped off and left our cases at SSR bell services and went to Downtown Disney for a few hours.
Back at SSR Quicksilver picked us up in an Escalade which was nice as we'd only booked a towncar, we arrived at Sanford, spent some time in the Royal Palm lounge and then flew home (oh joy lol!)
Old 25 Oct 09, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Oh no... it's all over

I love the photos of CC, can't wait to get back on that beach.

Really enjoyed your reports...thanks for sharing them with us.
Old 25 Oct 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
My DD, DH and DS are reading this over my shoulder and they are so excited for the shows and to see the characters on board Disney Magic next year.

I have loved reading your report - thankyou so much for writing it.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 09, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
My DD, DH and DS are reading this over my shoulder and they are so excited for the shows and to see the characters on board Disney Magic next year.

I have loved reading your report - thankyou so much for writing it.
Thankyou, as we don't have kids I haven't even touched on whats dedicated to them onboard, but I do know what there is and I know they will love it and what do happy kids make? Happy parents What we did is probably 15% of what is available on a day to day basis, you get a personal navigator every day and think wow what do we do, you will have so much flexibility to spend time together as a family as well as time together for you and DH (make sure you book Palo) you WILL fall in love with the whole experience it is truly amazing
Old 25 Oct 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Oh no... it's all over

I love the photos of CC, can't wait to get back on that beach.

Really enjoyed your reports...thanks for sharing them with us.
Thanks Michelle, I bet you can't wait, it will be a bit weird next time for us stopping at Castaway Cay on the first day
Old 26 Oct 09, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 09, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't believe it's all over Loved looking at all your fab photos. You'll be on the countdown to your Panama Canal Cruise. Sooooo jealous
Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 09, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Fantastic holiday again Tim. Loved all your photos.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread