Notices

Old 15 Jul 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

And one, two, three…new house, new job, new holiday, new life! Jan/Feb 2019 Pre-Trippy-Update 22/1

And one, two, three…new house, new job, new holiday, new life!

The Pre-Trip Report

Welcome to the pre-trip report for our January/February 2019 holiday! The inspiration for the title is from my favourite Disney film - Saving Mr Banks, specifically the scene where the family head off to start their new life in Allora. Here is a little bit about us and our plans...

The cast
I’m Lou/Mrs A (27 – will be 28 when we travel) – a teacher for only 7 more working days! I made a big decision earlier in the year that it was time to move on from teaching after 10 years in the classroom, and am about to embark on a new career as an Education Co-ordinator for a healthcare company. Whilst I will be sad to leave behind treasured colleagues and some students, I am ridiculously excited for this new opportunity and the total change of lifestyle it will bring for us - we will no longer be tied to school holidays! I think it will be a big change not having a week or two off every six weeks, but I really don’t feel too bothered about it at the moment. I will have the opportunity to work from home at times in my new job, which will be much better in the long run, and also allow me to be around for Fudge Dog more. I am (as always) trying to shift a few kilos before we go – about 4kg down and 5kg to go!

DH is Dave/Mr A – (35 – will still be 35 when we go). He works in IT for the local council, which is a very busy job. He loves watching Formula 1 and thankfully is a dab hand at DIY as our new house needs lots of work! He even has the nickname ‘DIY Dave’ – and someone is always in need of his able assistance.

And this is Fudge – (10 – will be 11 whilst we are out there! And yes we will send presents away with him) – our beautiful Sprollie, the best fur baby any dog parents could ask for. He is slowing down a bit in his old age but still loves his plush…he is easy to shop for!

Doesn't he look worried about his BFF Mickey?!

#lovethatfudgedog
#theoriginaldisneydog

We finally moved house in November 2017 and it has been an uphill DIY battle ever since. Upon completion, we didn’t have a bathroom in the house where everything worked properly – so had to use the loo in one, shower in another and wash your hands somewhere else! Downstairs is now almost complete – here are a few snaps of our handiwork. New front door, new boiler and some radiators, tiling, new flooring, new cloakroom – and let’s not mention ripping up the decking due to rats and it snowing into the conservatory. We will get there eventually!

Great housewarming pressie from fellow dibber BigShaz and family!

The Plans
This is our fifth trip together and this time we genuinely debated doing this differently! Trying a different resort, getting the full DDP…there were lots of choices. I really wanted to stay at POFQ again for a number of reasons – I like the food court (and I am a fussy eater!), it is small and it has the boat to Disney Springs. We then thought about upgrading to the DDP but decided against it. We always have meal and snack credits left on the QSDP so it seemed wasteful for just the two of us. If we went again with family then I think we would upgrade then. So it is our typical 14 nights at POFQ with QSDP.

One thing we have done differently is that we are flying Premium Economy – hurrah! I am looking forward to bringing back two extra bags instead of one – more shopping for us. I have pre-booked seats downstairs in PE – I didn’t want to risk the bubble being closed due to a quiet flight at that time of year and losing our seats together. I have already booked the Premier Inn Runger Lane North for the night before we fly at a bargain rate of £39. Here are our initial plans…

Wednesday 23rd January – Last day at work, Fudge being picked up too. Stay at Premier Inn Runger Lane North, Manchester Airport.

Thursday 24th January - VS075 MAN – MCO @ 11.30. DME to POFQ.

Friday 25th January – Epcot (AM) – FP+ for Test Track, Mission: SPACE and Spaceship Earth.

Saturday 26th January – Hollywood Studios (PM) – FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash, Star Tours – The Adventure Continues and Fantasmic.

Sunday 27th January – Animal Kingdom (AM) – FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flights of Passage and Dinosaur.

Monday 28th January
– Magic Kingdom (PM) - FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain. Stay to watch Happily Ever After.

Tuesday 29th January – Kennedy Space Center?

Wednesday 30th January – Shopping?

Thursday 31st January – Magic Kingdom (AM) - Be Our Guest for Breakfast. FP+ for Peter Pan’s Flight, Haunted Mansion and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Friday 1st February –Epcot (PM) – FP+ for Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination with Figment and Frozen Ever After. ADR for Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner and stay to watch Illuminations.

Saturday 2nd February – Hollywood Studios (AM) – FP+ for Alien Swirling Saucers, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Star Tours – The Adventure Continues.

Sunday 3rd February -Animal Kingdom (PM) –FP+ for Na’vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Rivers of Light.

Monday 4th February – Hollywood Studios (PM) – FP+ for Toy Story Mania!, Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Tuesday 5th February –Magic Kingdom (AM) – FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. ADR for Raglan Road for dinner.

Wednesday 6th February –Epcot (PM) – Soarin’ Around the World, Living with the Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Thursday 7th February – Bag drop at Disney Springs, last minute shopping there, then DME to the airport for VS076 MCO – MAN @ 19.15, landing back in the UK the next day at 8.05am.

We are undecided about hiring a car for a few days and heading out to Kennedy Space Center and doing a day of shopping/malls – but who knows?! As we aren’t big ride fans we are not planning on doing Universal at the moment. We are considering checking out the prices to convert our tickets to Annual Passes when we go, in the hope of getting in another trip next year! We will also do a morning at Blizzard Beach somewhere during our holiday.

Somehow it still doesn’t feel real that we aren’t going in about 5 weeks time as we normally would – although this amazing weather has certainly eased the blow. But ADR day is on Saturday 28th July (my birthday!) so I am sure it will feel a bit more real then.

We are hoping for more amazing magic shots like this...

Funny ride photos like this...

Vlogger spotting like this...

And fab dibb meet ups like these!

As ever – if you see us at any point please say a big hello – we always love to meet fellow dibbers!

If you have maintained interest so far and want to read my previous trip reports, you can find them here:

I can show you the world - shining, shimmering, splendid! July/August 2014 Honeymoon

Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend? August 2016

Ohana - February 2017

For the Fourth Time in Forever...August 2017

See you real soon!

Edited at 06:29 PM.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

MrsA, can't believe you've given up the classroom! I think you're really brave and hope the new job brings you a lifestyle you love. When do your start? Are you getting the summer hols? Enjoy your last few days and congratulations on the new job

It's nice to see you back and planning -looks a great plan. I'm sure you'll notice a positive in crowd levels and heat. Happy planning x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
MrsA, can't believe you've given up the classroom! I think you're really brave and hope the new job brings you a lifestyle you love. When do your start? Are you getting the summer hols? Enjoy your last few days and congratulations on the new job

It's nice to see you back and planning -looks a great plan. I'm sure you'll notice a positive in crowd levels and heat. Happy planning x
I'm having 2 days for the summer holidays - starting my new job the week after I finish teaching! Had a very awkward retention contract for my TLR so starting my new job straight away makes financial sense.

I think I will miss it but there will still be some 1:1 teaching/tutoring but for adults rather than kids.

We have done a week for February half term before and found the heat and crowds more tolerable than August so hopefully it will be the same or quieter when we go!

Not long to go for you now either, hope all is going well for you both xxx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
I'm having 2 days for the summer holidays - starting my new job the week after I finish teaching! Had a very awkward retention contract for my TLR so starting my new job straight away makes financial sense.

I think I will miss it but there will still be some 1:1 teaching/tutoring but for adults rather than kids.

We have done a week for February half term before and found the heat and crowds more tolerable than August so hopefully it will be the same or quieter when we go!

Not long to go for you now either, hope all is going well for you both xxx
2 days still, a change is as good as a rest . It sounds really exciting, something I've often talked about but never looked into - maybe one day? I'm glad you still have a bit of teaching attached to your new job too, so hopefully you won't miss it too much; let's be honest it'll always be there if you ever want to do it again! I'll look forward to reading about how you are getting on as you plan your trip.

We're both really good - what a difference a year makes! Can't wait for this year's trip, I've actually felt properly excited for it for the first time in years and then we've got DLP booked for my birthday. Hopefully our last hol as a couple if timescales go to plan #ExcitingTimes x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

2 days still, a change is as good as a rest . It sounds really exciting, something I've often talked about but never looked into - maybe one day? I'm glad you still have a bit of teaching attached to your new job too, so hopefully you won't miss it too much; let's be honest it'll always be there if you ever want to do it again! I'll look forward to reading about how you are getting on as you plan your trip.

We're both really good - what a difference a year makes! Can't wait for this year's trip, I've actually felt properly excited for it for the first time in years and then we've got DLP booked for my birthday. Hopefully our last hol as a couple if timescales go to plan #ExcitingTimes x
My boss has been asking me to stay on a daily basis but it is time for a new challenge. As you say I can always go back to it. Good teachers seem few and far between in this neck of the woods (and I don't think you are a million miles from us here in Shropshire?)

I am so glad you are well - I have everything crossed that it all works out for you and it is your last trip as a duo - hopefully the star you are wishing on will be joining you on the next trip! #excitingtimes indeed xxx
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
My boss has been asking me to stay on a daily basis but it is time for a new challenge. As you say I can always go back to it. Good teachers seem few and far between in this neck of the woods (and I don't think you are a million miles from us here in Shropshire?)

I am so glad you are well - I have everything crossed that it all works out for you and it is your last trip as a duo - hopefully the star you are wishing on will be joining you on the next trip! #excitingtimes indeed xxx
Not a million miles away, had to Google map it - geography is not a strength . And yes, you are right, decent teachers are few and far between (although I'm lucky to work in a department full of them). There always be a place for a great teacher to return, but I'm sure you won't need to.

Thanks. We are wishing our little hearts out 🤞🌠. Have fun on your last week
Old 15 Jul 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Not a million miles away, had to Google map it - geography is not a strength . And yes, you are right, decent teachers are few and far between (although I'm lucky to work in a department full of them). There always be a place for a great teacher to return, but I'm sure you won't need to.

Thanks. We are wishing our little hearts out 🤞🌠. Have fun on your last week
Can't say Geography is my strength either but I saw you had been to Cheshire Oaks and that is an hour or so away from here and our closest outlet.

I will do - starting to wrap up and say my goodbyes now! Enjoy your holiday this year - keep me posted as to how you get on! Sending you our best wishes and all the pixie dust in the world ❤❤❤ xxx
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading along to your latest adventures.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Looking forward to reading along to your latest adventures.

Thank you 😊😊 xx
Old 17 Jul 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Great plans Mrs A! Very brave of you changing career, good luck with the new job. Ridiculously jealous of you going away in January, the WORST month of the whole year! Only 5 more years till the youngest is 18 and I'll be doing exactly that

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List