Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Disney's prices are increasing. Whether it's an issue or not is another thing. Increasing prices haven't made a difference to the number of visitors in the past - in fact, visitor numbers have increased year-on-year. More people visited WDW last year than in any other year.
Apparently they are the wrong type of visitor - those with passes
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
Next they are going to test cardboard replicas of characters at meet-n-greets.
Nope. Next will be a ruthless enforcement of ‘no food or drink to be bought in to the park’ by the Security check guys. That will net them plenty.

Glad that my boys have had the good years, before growing out of Disney as soon as they reached the magical 54 inches...and now, it is highly unlikely that I will ever visit a Disney theme park again. Likewise, this summer was probably our last Universal visit as they are starting to ape the Disney model. That just leaves DC Ultimates and I honestly wonder whether I can justify an Orlando visit just for that. At the end of the day, Orlando is a resort built on a swamp. How many Orlando visitors have truthfully visited downtown Orlando? I certainly haven’t.

I will still be visiting wonderful Florida ( and Alabama, and Texas ) though, just that it will be Gulf Coast only and occasionally the Keys.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:10 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have been waiting 2 1/2 years to book our holiday and in the end we decided to just do Disney in Orlando as kids aren't tall enough for the full universal experience and have chosen now as the kids will be tall enough to ride everything and at 5 & 7 are old enough to remember everything (and hopefully will be enchanted by everything) plus it means that we won't ever have to do Disney (properly) again as if you think it is expensive now I think it will keep going up and up and even if we ever hit the magical £1-2$ mark Disney would simply charge the British market more.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Nope. Next will be a ruthless enforcement of ‘no food or drink to be bought in to the park’ by the Security check guys. That will net them plenty.
You might be right. I would expect a couple of unpleasant changes over the years to come.

I suspect it's only a matter of time until the FP+ system is monetized. Perhaps base 3 free, additional FP+s cost for each one. Or premium access to FP+ available in tiers for fees. Or access to book and change FP+s requires fee (like MaxPass in DL).

Next, WDW Transportation will start offering upgraded options for fees (we've already seen testing on this about a year ago). Further push to Minnie Vans, or premium transportation (i.e. SkyLiner or Monorail) which could start to carry a cost.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
Next they are going to test cardboard replicas of characters at meet-n-greets.
Perhaps, like the Magic Shots, they could superimpose CGI characters into your photos later? Technology is getting so good nowadays it's difficult to tell what's real and what's CGI.

Of course, Disney could go back to charging for Memory Maker rather than offering it for free to folk with Ultimate tickets and Annual passes. Or we could all go back to the wonderful old days prior to 2004 when photopass didn't exist.

BTW, has anyone tried out the new "Super Zoom Magic Shot" in front of Cinderella Castle that Disney added this year?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

It's not a test. Disney announced this was happening last year. Here's an official FAQ about it:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...omatic-camera/

TBH, I've never really interacted with the photopass photographers at character meets. They usually just stand there in a fixed position taking photos and saying nothing. It's the other CM that normally talks to me and introduces the character. Ok, I suppose the photographer does prompt you to look at the camera and/or stand in a certain location (or whatever). But I assume the CM will do this now.

It's not like the photopass photographers were highly trained photographers. Many were simply CMs with cameras. But, yeah, having an automated camera take the photo instead of a person is a little disappointing.
Do a search for some of the new shots, even the worst photopass photographer could do better. I’ve seen terrible lighting, photos of people entering and exiting but not stood with the character, other families queuing as the angles are too wide.

I really hope enough people complain so that they rethink this change.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Perhaps, like the Magic Shots, they could superimpose CGI characters into your photos later? Technology is getting so good nowadays it's difficult to tell what's real and what's CGI.

Of course, Disney could go back to charging for Memory Maker rather than offering it for free to folk with Ultimate tickets and Annual passes. Or we could all go back to the wonderful old days prior to 2004 when photopass didn't exist.

BTW, has anyone tried out the new "Super Zoom Magic Shot" in front of Cinderella Castle that Disney added this year?
Yes, we had this shot in May when it was brand new. It’s probably the best photo I’ve had taken at Disney, I love it so much.
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Disney are making entertainment cuts and already made some targeted redundancies during September. We’ve been here 3 weeks and it’s not busy (even September busy). We’ve heard CMs joke how worried the executives are with crowd levels.

I think it’s a mix of a recession flag and across the board price hikes. Going to be an interesting 18 months.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by WorldDrive View Post
Disney are making entertainment cuts and already made some targeted redundancies during September. We’ve been here 3 weeks and it’s not busy (even September busy). We’ve heard CMs joke how worried the executives are with crowd levels.

I think it’s a mix of a recession flag and across the board price hikes. Going to be an interesting 18 months.
It could be down to the recent storms and near misses with the hurricane. Last time I was in Orlando in September the locals told me that most Americans avoid this time of year
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by WorldDrive View Post

We'll not sure which Parks you've been in? Universal was quiet over the weekend but just walked out of a rammed MK, long waits on all rides. Yesterday Epcot mobbed and MGM the other day. We've been regular Sept visitors for many years and it's never been this busy. One of the Cms said September is the new August!
Anyway can i follow you around tomorrow? 😊😊😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List